Menu

12.10.18

Cara Delevingne In Emporio Armani – Princess Eugenie Of York’s Wedding

Cara Delevingne In Burberry - Princess Eugenie Of York's Wedding

Cara Delevingne joined her sister in Windsor, England today (October 12) for the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank.

As we know, style-wise, the sisters couldn’t be more different. And that was further compounded when Cara arrived at the wedding wearing an Emporio Armani tuxedo, accompanied with a tie and a bowler hat, which is pull off magnificently – despite the toothpick.

However, this look outfit broke dress protocol for the ceremony.

As we all know, Cara has never been one to play by the rules, but for those who are interested, the strict code for the wedding was ladies to wear a day dress with hat and gentleman were to wear a morning coat.

Credit: Getty

Poppy Delevingne In Oscar de la Renta - Princess Eugenie Of York's Wedding

Poppy Delevingne In Oscar de la Renta – Princess Eugenie Of York’s Wedding

Princess Eugenie Of York's Wedding

Princess Eugenie Of York’s Royal Wedding

44 Responses to Cara Delevingne In Emporio Armani – Princess Eugenie Of York’s Wedding

1. Caitlin October 14, 2018 at 23:38 #

I absolutely love this.

2. Caroline October 14, 2018 at 17:52 #

I love this so much. You all really need to loose up a little bit. She killed this. The toothpick was unnecessary.

3. Noemi October 13, 2018 at 14:03 #

I love it but the toothpick is ridiculous.

4. Leila October 13, 2018 at 12:20 #

Do not dig dresscodes for weddings in general, because in my modest habitat some guets have to unnecessarily spend to conform to lavish dress codes. I like the idea of genter blurring, but I wish people were free to wear what they want as long it went woth a formal wedding atmosphere which is the common sense way of doing things. Maybe she has a toothpick because she’s nervous or wants to boost her confidence or calm her nerves..I’m just guessing.

5. Fee October 13, 2018 at 03:55 #

I had no idea Princess Eugenie knew Robbie Williams or Charlie Chaplan.

6. Kathy October 13, 2018 at 03:05 #

LOL @ these comments. Have fun living in 1850, ladies and gents! I’ll be over here letting Cara-freaking-Delevingne do her own thing.

7. Dani Shuster October 13, 2018 at 02:57 #

I think it’s worth pointing out that Cara has dated women, and it’s fair to assume she (?) likely identifies as a queer person. I don’t know too much about her personal life other than her having dated St. Vincent (!!!), but she also plays with gender presentation quite a bit, so perhaps she identifies as gender non-conforming/non-binary? Maybe she doesn’t identify as a damn lady! Or at least not in the conventional sense. Frankly, antiquated dress codes that force people to choose “male” or “female” leave people who may not identify with either binary in a pretty uncomfortable position. I know we see her wearing dresses all the time, but if she identifies as non-binary, maybe this is her acknowledging non-binary genders, and for kudos for the visibility and respect. I could be reading into this a little much though. Plus I think the toothpick and smoldering look is pretty damn hot, so I might be a little biased.

• Paula October 13, 2018 at 03:46 #

• Chris October 13, 2018 at 15:34 #

I agree that “women should wear this, and men should wear that” dress codes are problematic to begin with and therefore am all for people breaking such dress codes, no matter what they personally identify as.

• quimby October 13, 2018 at 19:12 #

absolutely agree

8. CreoleLady October 13, 2018 at 02:25 #

Tacky and annoying. The toothpick, what, that’s high fashion? No, its rude and declassé. Looking like an extra from Oliver Twist, spare me. I cannot believe the praise she is getting for this look.

9. TinaL October 12, 2018 at 22:33 #

This screams ‘attention seeking’ and ‘disrespectful’, nothing else. She can dress whatever she like at any other time, but for special occasions – anyone’s wedding, not just the royal’s, please follow the dress code printed on the invitation. If you want to wear suits (I am totally fine with it), wear a nice one that doesn’t look like a costume. The toothpick is a HUGH NO! AWFUL

• Jerusa Herrera October 15, 2018 at 08:55 #

+1 😐

10. TeaAtTwo October 12, 2018 at 21:49 #

It’s the toothpick that just looks so tryhard and attention grabbing. Otherwise, loads of others guests are wearing hats and pants are fine for any occasion but this look comes off rather costumey.

11. justme October 12, 2018 at 17:46 #

Attention-seeking at its finest lol

12. JHH October 12, 2018 at 16:54 #

The French word for a suit is costume and a costume is exactly what Cara is wearing here. I am assuming that Princess Eugenie does not care that Cara wore pants to her wedding so this is sort of a nothing to see here rule break for me. I think the “no pants” rule is antiquated. But that being said, the way this “rule” was broken is pretty bad from a fashion perspective. What made this awful for me are the toothpick and the chimney sweep beauty and hair looks. There is no way I can support anyone walking around with a toothpick dangling from his or her mouth at any event much less a wedding.

13. Laura October 12, 2018 at 16:11 #

I really look forward to the day where we stop trying to dictate what women can and can not wear. If someone wearing pants to your wedding ruins that day the bride clearly has bigger issues. She also looks fantastic.

• Jk October 12, 2018 at 16:39 #

Well. It’s not her wedding.
      I always wanted a black and white monochromatic wedding. I’d be pissed if someone didn’t follow my dress code and shows up in neon pink.

• Laura October 12, 2018 at 17:03 #

I don’t really think it being a wedding gives someone an excuse to dictate what guests they’ve invited do – which is why I just wouldn’t attend. I would imagine that if she’s her friend she knows what she’s like and if she didn’t appreciate someone who likes to express her personality they wouldn’t be friends to begin with. As an event planner the things i’ve seen people demand under the guise that its “their day” is alarming.

14. Conejo Literario October 12, 2018 at 16:08 #

I think this is super disrespectfu,If i was the bride I would feel really ashamed! 🙁

• SilentVisitor October 12, 2018 at 16:23 #

You will feel ashamed by what someone else who is not even related to you wears? wow…… talk about dramatic

15. Claire October 12, 2018 at 16:02 #

She looks like a magician, ready to pull some tricks out of her hat! Ready for Halloween but not for a wedding!

16. Meme October 12, 2018 at 15:34 #

As always Women even wear Menswear better than Men.

17. Cara October 12, 2018 at 15:18 #

Perhaps it’s the name but I like it—- she’s generally irreverent of dress code and plays with structure— she’s nearly adhering to the gentleman’s dress code (though that coat is not quite the right length) and she looks great. Are we shocked? Was she going to look as demure as the others? If you invite Cara Delevigne to your wedding than be prepared for her to come just as she is. She looks no more costumey than the men attending look (and less so than some of the women). I don’t think we can consider this rude so much as cheeky.

• Karola October 12, 2018 at 15:39 #

I agree with you, except for the toothpick. I don’t think wearing a suit is rude or disrespectful (after all, it is 2018) and she looks great in it; but I do think that the toothpick is in really poor taste, for any guest, man or woman.

• SilentVisitor October 12, 2018 at 16:29 #

100% agree with you!!!! I was about to type exactly the same thing…….. my problem with this look is the ridiculous toothpick; she looks absolutely fantastic otherwise

• Kat October 13, 2018 at 01:37 #

+ 1. I think she looks great – except for that WTF tooth pick. So so odd

• bisbee October 13, 2018 at 12:26 #

Agree. I love the look and don’t care about not following the dress code…who would expect her to? But the toothpick! Why?

18. phee October 12, 2018 at 15:17 #

It wasnt her event. If the bride specified a certain dress code it should of at least been respected. On this ONE single day….
    this could be done any other day. She looks terrific but I fail this just because of the disrespect of someone else’s big day.

• Dsan October 12, 2018 at 15:32 #

19. Angeles October 12, 2018 at 15:07 #

If you do not want to follow the protocol, do not attend the event. Also, this toothpick is unnecessary and disrespectful, in my opinion just want to gran attention. Saying that, the look is great, but in other event.

20. AW October 12, 2018 at 15:06 #

I think it selfish to use someone else’s wedding to make a statement with your clothes. It’s possible to be stylish and well put together while also being respectful of the fact that the day isn’t about you.

Also she does look that great. The suit is nice but hat, hair and makeup are unattractive and the toothpick is tacky.

• brat October 13, 2018 at 04:10 #

How is the makeup unattractive? It’s a simple, natural look and she looks lovely. If she had really loud or garish makeup I could see your point but I’m terribly bewildered as to what on earth you’re talking about.

21. Kristin October 12, 2018 at 14:25 #

I don’t care for it. She makes it seem like a costume or even worse, a joke. I don’t mind her breaking the rules by wearing pants, but if you do, do it right.

• meme October 12, 2018 at 14:49 #

22. Hannah October 12, 2018 at 14:25 #

When you brake the rules so fiercely, it’s so great! Definitely BDOTW worthy.

• Iva October 12, 2018 at 14:50 #

• brat October 12, 2018 at 15:39 #

+1,000. This is not Duchess Kate or Meghan we’re talking about. She is a model/actress and known to be a bit of a provocateur. She looks absolutely smashing and i will be voting for her for best dressed at this wedding.

23. YoungTimGunn October 12, 2018 at 14:23 #

No fashion analysis is necessary. Simply put, she looks like an idiot.

24. meme October 12, 2018 at 14:12 #

The suit is great but lose the hat and the ridiculous toothpick. And while I love the suit, she is dressed totally inappropriately and I would say disrespectfully.

• Eni October 12, 2018 at 14:51 #

+1 TA. That toothpick just simply disgusting.

25. Chris October 12, 2018 at 14:06 #

Love! BDOTW-worthy. (I also love that she broke the dress code tbh 😀 Dress codes that require women to wear dresses are something that should be broken in 2018^^)

• meme October 12, 2018 at 14:38 #

I think the tradition is nice. I’ve been to a lot of weddings in the US and rarely do I see a woman in pants. Cara just wants attention.

• Anne-Marie October 12, 2018 at 15:53 #

+1 and that toothpick just screams “attention”