Menu

12.10.18

Princess Eugenie Of York’s Royal Wedding

Princess Eugenie Of York's Wedding

There were many more guests who joined Cara Delevingne, Poppy Delevingne and Naomi Campbell in Windsor, England today (October 12) for the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank .

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge: I was delighted to see such a vibrant raspberry hue from the Duchess, and I was also left in awe by the tailoring of this Alexander McQueen piece. The silhouette is nothing we haven’t seen before, but I’m just grateful it’s not beige. Going matchy once again, a veiled headpiece by Philip Treacy and velvet heels by Jimmy Choo completed her look.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex: This beautiful Azzedine Alaia had a fabulous fit and flare silhouette with the signature trims. I’m not usually a fan of Sophie’s style, so this a rare win for her. The royal topped the look off with a Jane Taylor hat.

Princess Beatrice: While I do like this custom ink blue Ralph & Russo Couture design, the turban didn’t work for me. Am I alone in believing it ages the Princess taking her from sister-of-the-bride to mother-of-the-bride? Ralph & Russo accessories completed her look.

Princess Eugenie Of York's Wedding

Demi Moore: Another surprise guest was Demi Moore, but I love that she brought some Hollywood glamour to the event. The actress was perhaps my best dressed of the guests wearing a bespoke by Stella McCartney Bordeaux dress with a Stephen Jones hat, Malone Souliers ‘Imogen’ pumps plus her namesake ‘Demi’ bag from Gabriela Hearst. I was swept away by the elegance and I’m also living for the matchy matchness of the whole look.

Kate Moss: The model eschewed her trademark rock ‘n’ roll style for a Jackie Onassis-inspired polka dot matching dress and jacket. She’s almost unrecognisable. Who knew she had this in her locker? A simple navy hat with a net veil and Christian Louboutin ‘Gravitanita’ pumps plus a ‘Vanite’ Clutch completed her transformation into a society lady.

Sarah Ferguson: While I adore the lush green hue of her Emma Louise green satin trimmed dress, I found the hat ridiculous. But if I’m honest, I’m not surprised that I don’t like an element of her look.

Princess Eugenie Of York's Wedding

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex: I have a strong belief that Meghan didn’t want to stand out at this wedding by opting for this navy Givenchy coat with a matching hat. I would like to congratulate her on a job well done. Instantly forgettable. Pippa Small jewels completed her look.

Liv Tyler: Like Demi Moore, Liv also wore a bespoke Stella McCartney look. The look was very elegant, but unfortunately it was way too sombre for my liking. A Stephen Jones hat, Stella McCartney clutch and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels completed her look.

Pippa Middleton: There isn’t always a huge wave of admiration for Pippa’s style, but I’m sure you’ll love this bespoke Emilia Wickstead ‘Denver’dress from the Resort 2018 collection. The look is flattering, well-tailored and matching with the right amount of accessories which included a Charlotte Olympia clutch and a dark green hat.

Credit: Getty

Cara Delevingne In Burberry - Princess Eugenie Of York's Wedding

Cara Delevingne In Emporio Armani – Princess Eugenie Of York’s Wedding

Princess Eugenie of York Weds Jack Brooksbank In Peter Pilotto

Princess Eugenie of York Weds Jack Brooksbank In Peter Pilotto

22 Responses to Princess Eugenie Of York’s Royal Wedding

1. Caitlin October 14, 2018 at 23:45 #

Totally agree re: Meghan, at this point it’s like why even feature her

Duchess Catherine is serving a LEWK. Thoroughly within her wheelhouse but so so vibrant and delicious. She’s really having fun fashion-wise since baby no. 3 isn’t she?

• emerson October 18, 2018 at 20:46 #

It actually looked better in blue when she wore it at Trooping the Colour. Why must she intentionally ruin the color scheme? Everyone in the RF wore various shades of blue and green(probably at the bride’s reques) but she wears cranberry.

2. Caroline October 14, 2018 at 17:51 #

Duchess Kate is the best dressed.

3. Leila October 13, 2018 at 11:45 #

Happy to see Ms. Sarah Ferguson, she’ll always be Lady Sarah for me. I don’t know much about the Royal Family or the monarchy, but I am awed by how the ex Duchess cleaned up her act and got her life together so to speak, turning out to be so sweet and down to Earth in the process from the little that I notice; it is inspirational. I am so happy for Princess Eugenie and her big day simply because Lady Sarah must be so happy!

4. TeaAtTwo October 12, 2018 at 21:44 #

I enjoyed Fergie’s look including the hat and when the jacket was removed thought Beatrice looked nice, I love the colour combination. I was pleasantly surprised to see Catherine in such a bright number though her shoes were a let down. Meghan didn’t have to go straight to boring rather than elegantly subdued even if she wanted a low profile. I like Demi’s fascinator.

5. justme October 12, 2018 at 20:01 #

A vibrant color does not make a pretty dress. I’m not impressed by Kate’s outfit. By anyone’s to be honest.

I didn’t get my Kitty Spencer moment from this wedding.

6. Lee Ann October 12, 2018 at 18:29 #

Fergie should have worn her daughter’s blue suit and you are correct the hat was ridiculous . I liked Kate’s dress colour and cut but again bad shoe choice, no good jewellry and hideous hat

• JHH October 12, 2018 at 19:19 #

“I have a strong belief that Meghan didn’t want to stand out at this wedding by opting for this navy Givenchy coat with a matching hat. I would like to congratulate her on a job well done. Instantly forgettable.” Or maybe, it is just wishful thinking that the Duchess will ever be a fashion star.

• Fee October 13, 2018 at 03:49 #

Catherine’s comment of the week!

7. olga October 12, 2018 at 17:48 #

Duchess Kate looks great, elegant and appropriate as usual. The colour is lovely and autumnal and I also really like the headpiece.
    I’m not usually fond of Pippa’s style, but I think she looks good here!
    As for Meghan, I don’t like a single thing about her look, which I find too somber for a wedding and also quite unflattering.

8. meme October 12, 2018 at 17:25 #

Kate is the clear winner here. She looked fabulous in that McQueen dress.

• olga October 12, 2018 at 17:54 #

+1 She’s having a good run!

• Ana October 12, 2018 at 18:09 #

9. Cris October 12, 2018 at 16:46 #

I think Meghan is underdressed. She probably did it on purpose, but it’s getting super boring. Take the hat off and she could wear that outfit at any other of her public engagements.

I really like Demi Moore. She looks very elegant. Pipa doesn’t look bad either.

Sarah Ferguson’s hat looks like the Harry Potter quidditch ball, the Golden Snitch, only it’s the green snitch this time…

10. Maz October 12, 2018 at 16:26 #

Duchess Kate, Demi and Pippa look fab. Sophie looks fine. The rest are pretty frumpy and drab imo.

• Iva October 12, 2018 at 16:29 #

• Susie October 12, 2018 at 16:39 #

• JHH October 12, 2018 at 17:02 #

+3. Speaking of drab Liv Tyler and Duchess Megan look like they are going to a business meeting. Sarah Ferguson’s dress is one size too small. Demi Moore is my best dressed at this event and possibly the week.

• TinaL October 12, 2018 at 21:56 #

• Kat October 13, 2018 at 01:34 #

+ 5

• Paula October 13, 2018 at 03:39 #

11. brat October 12, 2018 at 16:20 #

Kate looks amazing, i saw pictures with the skirt blowing in the wind, and it looked incredible. I like Meghan’s fascinator. Demi looks really good as well.