Menu

Blake Lively In Rag & Bone – Out In Paris

Blake Lively In Rag & Bone - Out In Paris

After opting to wear a skirt for the first time in 30 days, Blake Lively reverted back to familiar territory while out promoting her new film, ‘A Simple Favor’ in Paris today (September 20).

If you didn’t get the golden-brown silk scarf with her last look, you will with her Rag & Bone Fall 2018 velvet suit.

The colour complements her olive look seamlessly, which looks beautiful against the backdrop of Paris city streets as the leaves are turning brown.

You’ve been critical of most of her suits, so how does this one fare?

Rag & Bone Rei Velvet Notched-Lapel Blazer
Rag & Bone Poppy Velvet High-Rise Cropped Pants

Credit: Vogue.com & Courtesy

Suki Waterhouse In Dilara Findikoglu - 'Assassination Nation' New York Screening

Suki Waterhouse In Dilara Findikoglu – ‘Assassination Nation’ New York Screening

Queen Letizia of Spain In Pedro del Hierro - 'Vega-3' & 'Fausto'

Queen Letizia of Spain In Massimo Dutti & Pedro del Hierro – ‘Vega-3’ & ‘Fausto’

22 Responses to Blake Lively In Rag & Bone – Out In Paris

1. Kiwi September 22, 2018 at 04:26 #

Very rude of Blake! I have been following this blog almost from its inception, FC always calls out when any celebrity is just following the same style for every event or stuck in a style rut. Its not about dress vs suits but the same old mess for so many appearances in a row, its fine to mention that, esp in a humourus manner t!!!! Tilda carries off suits beautifully, Blake can’t!!!

FC has always loved Blake and been very supportive….am upset

• Rosie September 22, 2018 at 08:34 #

Agreed! I found it very rude of her too. Kudos to Catherine, in her shoes I’d stop covering her honestly, Lively doesn’t deserve it.

2. Alina September 21, 2018 at 07:19 #

Too much of the same colour, the hair is in the way, the scarf wasn’t needed.

3. Rosie September 21, 2018 at 07:09 #

If I were in Catherine, I’d never cover any of her outfits again, after her rude and dumb answer.
    This suit is awful, just like the 463537 she’s been wearing.

4. Fee September 21, 2018 at 06:59 #

Her hair looks do not help any of these suits. It is actually bugging me more now than the overblown styling.

5. Amy September 21, 2018 at 06:07 #

I like this one. Interesting color and fall appropriate

• Charlotte September 21, 2018 at 07:00 #

I agree.
      I love the suit and, for once, her styling is working, not too much.
      I also like the presentation on the model, the suit color and the pink sweater and vest is a great combo.

• Kat September 21, 2018 at 10:42 #

+ 1

6. Weis September 21, 2018 at 02:58 #

This press tour is worst than Salma’s Puss in Boots tour. This is Blake in low form and this is from someone thats not a fan of Blake in top form but even I know she can do better.

I think the negative reactions to this is due to the fact that it doesn’t feel natural. It happened overnight, and not like how someone organically suddenly starts playing with their outfits to embrace a new side of their style/identity. Its also in the opposite end of her usual style.

I think the problem is the suit are often unflattering and costumey. Janelle Monae, Tilda Swinton and Cate Blanchett often do suits and look amazing.

Also that comment she left on your IG was really dumb. No one says anything about guys wearing only suits because thats literally what they always wear… a guy wearing a dress would be a different thing. Jonathan Van Ness from Queer Eye wore a dress recently and people were just as harsh. The whole suit thing feels like a marketing gimmick, its a shame they didnt style them in a way that felt more ‘Blake’ than a costume. I just think is really low to bring sexism and double standards to whats feels like a marketing gimmick.

• TeaAtTwo September 21, 2018 at 05:37 #

Ha, ouch, I’d forgotten about how long and bad Salma’s tour for that movie was.

7. Jas September 21, 2018 at 02:36 #

As others have said, so much better because less costumey/contrived. I actually love the colour and material and paired with those boots.

8. CreoleLady September 21, 2018 at 01:18 #

Better. There is not quite so much gimcrackery here, this is pared down for her. But she had to undo those cuffs and that is not the easiest color on the eyes. Not convinced by the footwear, either.

9. Laura September 21, 2018 at 00:57 #

I like the suit and i hope she gets run over by a 5 year old on a scooter.

• Meme September 21, 2018 at 02:58 #

I hate the suit and hope she gets run over by a 5 year old on a scooter.

10. Sassqueen September 21, 2018 at 00:40 #

At this point all her suit look same to me…my eyes are tired …

11. JHH September 21, 2018 at 00:39 #

I agree about this being less like a costume and much better than her usual run for this movie. The sleeves of the blouse are too long but at least now the blouse and scarf from the prior outfit make sense. Being that it’s Blake, we know she can’t wear the same outfit all day so at least she is working some pieces through the day.

12. lmkw September 21, 2018 at 00:39 #

Gorgeous. The color is perfect for fall and compliments her hair and skin. The boots add to the outdoorsy flavor.

13. Caroline September 21, 2018 at 00:38 #

So damn awful.

14. vivian September 20, 2018 at 23:59 #

Look what I just found!!!!

Love from Mexico

• Catherine Kallon September 21, 2018 at 10:43 #

thank you. its gone crazy

15. TeaAtTwo September 20, 2018 at 23:41 #

This one doesn’t feel so costumey so it’s fine. I both dislike and like the colour in that fabric which I realise doesn’t make much sense.