Menu

June 8, 2018

The American Film Institute’s 46th Life Achievement Award Gala Tribute was to George Clooney, but his wife Amal Clooney may have accidentally stolen his thunder when they walked the red carpet together last night (June 7).

The human rights lawyer looked absolutely beautiful in a Prada pink and gold shimmer gabardine bustier off-the-shoulder gown, embroidered in a degradé motif of matte gold beads and clear sequins.

I love how the cut-away skirt gave this look a touch of modernity, while still appeasing her classic, elegance style.

Amal accessorised with dainty gold accessories, strappy sandals, a boxy clutch bag and teardrop earrings with some very Hollywood-appropriate waves.

I have a feeling this will split you down the middle, so wear do you sit?

Love or loathe?

Credit: Getty

Zoey Deutch In Nanushka & Christian Dior - 'The Year Of Spectacular Men' LA Premiere & Young Hollywood Studio Visit

Zoey Deutch In Nanushka & Christian Dior – ‘The Year Of Spectacular Men’ LA Premiere & Young Hollywood Studio Visit

Gillian Jacobs In Batsheva - Batsheva Dinner Launch with MATCHESFASHION.COM

Gillian Jacobs In Batsheva – Batsheva Dinner Launch with MATCHESFASHION.COM

21 Responses to Amal Clooney In Prada – American Film Institute’s 46th Life Achievement Award Gala Tribute to George Clooney

1. Sasha Charnin Morrison June 10, 2018 at 7:29 pm #

I just don’t get what her look is. I think the dress over pants and shorts thing is odd on her. When she does elegant-she does it well. But this constant trying to be hip or cool mom thing doesn’t connect for me.

2. CreoleLady June 10, 2018 at 1:51 am #

Wrinkled shorts at an event to honor her husband?? Tacky.

• CreoleLady June 10, 2018 at 3:24 am #

I just read the description, I guess that is the cutaway skirt. Okay, then. Still tacky.

3. Fee June 8, 2018 at 11:02 pm #

That skirt is a complete mess and ruins what could have been a gorgeous look.

• bisbee June 9, 2018 at 12:12 pm #

Agree 100%.

• Amanda F June 10, 2018 at 5:43 pm #

+2 – Agree 100%

4. brat June 8, 2018 at 7:54 pm #

I think her style is vastly overrated. She’s very pretty and has gorgeous hair, but this is a no from me as is often the case with her.

5. JHH June 8, 2018 at 6:52 pm #

Put me in the loathe camp. The fit through the waist is awful. The dress is too long and the material looks cheap. I’m not upset about the wrinkles because that happens when you wear a dress. She can and should do better. On the plus side, her makeup is gorgeous. And, I guess George needs a new tailor.

6. TeaAtTwo June 8, 2018 at 6:38 pm #

It needs hemmed and the split looks awkward. The waist up shot looks lovely.

7. Phee June 8, 2018 at 3:08 pm #

Very pretty. Great makeup and hair. I like this particular cut-away skirt. It keeps it classy.

8. LaLa June 8, 2018 at 2:15 pm #

I really like this, the shorter skirt makes the entire dress more interesting.

9. Alexis June 8, 2018 at 1:43 pm #

Her hair and makeup look stunning. And the color is great on her. But the dress isn’t fitting properly. And it’s very wrinkled. Would much prefer this without the cut-away skirt.

That said, her speech was incredible. Love the two of them together!

10. Caroline June 8, 2018 at 1:22 pm #

I love this. Pretty and classy.

11. Cassie June 8, 2018 at 1:12 pm #

I think she looked stunning at the event, but if you go to the Daily mail; the hatred she receives from the commentators is sickening and mean.

12. SilentVisitor June 8, 2018 at 12:22 pm #

I sit firmly on the love side….I think she looks absolutely stunning; the dress is slightly too long but I would rather a dress like this than another embellished or princess dress

13. NZ June 8, 2018 at 12:17 pm #

I’m disappointed. Her style is usually more sophisticated and mature.
    This dress looks juvenile.

14. Fiona-Brasil June 8, 2018 at 11:57 am #

I love Amal , her style.That said, in this particular occasion I loathe her look, the fabric, the style, everything seems odd.

15. Maria F. June 8, 2018 at 11:53 am #

I am not a big fan of this. I love the colour, but I feel it is overdesigned. Sometimes less is more. We have the bow at the top, then the shorts or mini skirt underneath.. it seems too busy.

I would have preferred for this to be a classic column dress with the embellishments at the bottom, like the left (her right) side currently is.

Having said all this, hair and make up are great.

16. Susie June 8, 2018 at 11:50 am #

I don’t mind the cut-away skirt, but think the dress would be much improved if the short part of the skirt wasn’t wrinkled and the hemline was a fraction shorter so it didn’t drag on the ground.

• Original meme June 8, 2018 at 2:24 pm #

I agree. Her makeup is so good; makes her look softer than she usually does.

• Alina June 8, 2018 at 4:08 pm #