Menu

March 14, 2018

Meghan Markle and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended the Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abbey on Monday (March 12) in London, with The Royal Party also including Her Majesty The Queen, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke of York, the Princess Royal, the Countess of Wessex, the Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra.

Meghan Markle: This was Meghan’s most formal event to date, marking her first official public appearance with Her Majesty The Queen. For the occasion, she donned an elegantly chic Amanda Wakeley ‘Springsteen’ navy dress topped by an Amanda Wakeley cream sculpted ‘Crombie’ coat that really elevated the look with a bright finish. Many are saying that her bespoke white fascinator by Stephen Jones Millinery was in subtle tribute to Princess Diana, who was particularly fond of berets and who also wore a beret designed by Stephen Jones in 1982. Manolo Blahnik pumps along with a Mulberry ‘Darley’ bag and Adina Reyter earrings rounded out the look.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge: Also wearing navy, Catherine opted for a monochromatic approach in this Beulah London coat dress styled with a Jimmy Choo ‘Celeste’ bag, Rupert Sanderson ‘Malory’ pumps, and a matching Lock & Co hat. It was as classic, safe, and sophisticated, as we’d expect.

Credit: Getty

Karen Gillan In Christopher Kane - 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' Tokyo Special Screening

Karen Gillan In Christopher Kane – ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’ Tokyo Special Screening

Nina Agdal's Versace Vanity Fair Oscar Party Black Gown

Nina Agdal’s Versace Vanity Fair Oscar Party Black Gown

14 Responses to Meghan Markle & Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attend the Commonwealth Day Services

1. Mimi March 15, 2018 at 5:28 pm #

I’m crushing hard on Meghan in this outfit!!!! So fabulous and chic.

2. Amy March 15, 2018 at 10:38 am #

They both look fine. Love the white coat.
    However I hope Meghan does not turn into a new Kate.We do not need that

3. Maria F. March 15, 2018 at 10:38 am #

Meghan’s coat is about half a size too large for her. I also do not like the weird belt/sash/fastening.

Not a big fan of Kate’s hat.

4. VG March 15, 2018 at 10:27 am #

Meghan is practically wearing Kate’s uniform. A pretty coat, basic pumps and a matchy matchy colour palette. I mean, it’s not terrible, I don’t have anything against Kate’s styles but I expected more from her. I thought she would look more like an actress and less like a duchess. But I guess I was wrong.

5. Nat March 15, 2018 at 3:17 am #

I may be the only one annoyed that Meghan shoes are too big for her. Also, I do not like the fitting of her coat. Kate same boredom as usual.

• Lee Ann March 15, 2018 at 10:02 am #

I always wonder why actresses do that . I assumed because they were borrowed but I guess it’s because it’s more comfortable but how do they ever walk?

6. lmkw March 14, 2018 at 11:45 pm #

They both look very nice and very conservative. Event appropriate. This is the first time I’ve preferred Kate’s look over Meghan’s. I think it’s the hat.

7. Saudin March 14, 2018 at 11:26 pm #

I don’t know about Meghan, she is still new, but Kate Middleton…. I don’t understand why she is featured on this website… it’s always the same boring look

8. Lee Ann March 14, 2018 at 9:35 pm #

I almost like what the DOC is wearing . The hat choice for once is good and elegant and not silly an UFO like. She is even wearing a brooch !!! For it to have been perfect I would have preferred a clutch in a different colour – maybe one that toned in with the brooch . But 100 % better than usual. I give her an A-

9. EmmaWoodhouse March 14, 2018 at 7:55 pm #

Both are chic and appropriate. I like Megan’s white coat.

10. The original AB March 14, 2018 at 7:30 pm #

I usually don’t like the hats that Kate wears but I like this one.

11. kelly March 14, 2018 at 7:17 pm #

Meghan looks great, love the coat. Just wish her nylons were a little less shiny or deeper in tone, they are having an unfortunate ashy effect :\ at the same time – is Kate bare legged?

12. Vizual Ninja March 14, 2018 at 6:12 pm #

Looks like they are wearing the same shoes which is cute. I love Meghan’s coat here, I’m not the biggest fan of berets but she pulls it off.

• justme March 14, 2018 at 6:39 pm #

Until this post, I was convinced that they were wearing the same heels lol.