Menu

06.06.17

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in The Row – 2017 CFDA Fashion Awards

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were in New York City on Monday (June 5) to attend the 2017 CFDA Fashion Awards, where they were nominated for Womenswear Designer of the Year and Accessories Designer of the Year.

Fittingly they both wore their line, The Row. Ashley wore a sweeping black button-down coat whilst Mary-Kate opted for an over-sized shirt, pant combo.

Sticking with their classic colour palette of neutrals and black and white, the fashionistas showed just how far they’ve come. Gone are the days of bohemian overload, the girls have refined their style and given it a luxe edge.

Whilst I wasn’t convinced by Ashley’s formless coat/dress, Mary-Kate’s look was utterly chic. The oversized menswear-inspired shirt, with exaggerated cuffs, looked crisp when paired with wide-leg navy pants.

I loved Ashley’s wine-coloured clutch, but Mary-Kate’s was uninspired.

Their other styling choices were better. Beachy undone waves looked feminine and effortless; a beautiful contrast with their masculine looks.

Credit: Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Michael Kors Collection - 2017 CFDA Fashion Awards

Priyanka Chopra In Michael Kors Collection – 2017 CFDA Fashion Awards

Praya Lundberg In Angelys Balek - 2017 CFDA Fashion Awards

Praya Lundberg In Angelys Balek – 2017 CFDA Fashion Awards

7 Responses to Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in The Row – 2017 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. Alina June 6, 2017 at 16:45 #

They look OK by the Olsen twins standards.

2. kelly June 6, 2017 at 15:44 #

my age is such that i have been watching these girls since their straight to vhs and short lived tween tv series but something is wrong with me because i can never remember which one is which. i appreciate how strong of an aesthetic they have developed over the last decade.

3. Amanda June 6, 2017 at 14:03 #

How sad to be in the fashion industry and have the money for clothes, but find no joy in wearing them.

4. Caroline June 6, 2017 at 13:23 #

They literally ALWAYS look the same.

5. Schoolbea June 6, 2017 at 13:08 #

I find this very boring. I understand not everything must be bells and whistles, but this is underwhelming.

6. Charlotte June 6, 2017 at 12:13 #

I find Ashley look ugly and unflattering and Mary Kate boring.
    The hairstyle is not working neither for both of them.

7. Chris June 6, 2017 at 11:42 #

I agree that Mary-Kate’s look is pretty chic from what I can see. I don’t like Ashley’s look. But why do they always pose like they are glued together? That doesn’t make judging the outfits easier, it would be nice to properly see the front of the look.