Menu

February 23, 2015

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy Couture – 2015 Oscars

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy - 2015 Oscars

Jessica Chastain walked red carpet on Sunday (February 22) at the 2015 Oscars, hosted at Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre.

Clad in Givenchy, the ‘Interstellar’ star and presenter for the evening looked radiant in gem-toned navy.

The hourglass figure-hugging gown was a combination of elegance and sex appeal with a thigh-high slit and modest train. The sparkly bodice was softened with a contrasting sweeping sash of fabric.

Her fiery locks were glossy and straight and makeup neutral with a cat eye, both which allowed her gown to take center stage.

Credit: Getty

Jenna Dewan-Tatum In Zuhair Murad Couture - 2015 Oscars

Jenna Dewan-Tatum In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2015 Oscars

Chrissy Teigen In Zuhair Murad Couture - 2015 Oscars

Chrissy Teigen In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2015 Oscars

39 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Givenchy Couture – 2015 Oscars

1. Katie-Lexie February 26, 2015 at 5:03 pm #

I also love it. She’s superbe no matter what she’s wearing. This navy blue dress is just classy and not over the top (compared to others), she doesn’t need too much to be beautiful on the red carpet.

2. Parvati February 25, 2015 at 5:27 pm #

I actually really like this look. The colour suits her and the draped detail prevents it from being boring. The hair and make-up are perfect.

3. Clancy from Dallas February 24, 2015 at 8:47 pm #

this would’ve been much better without any of that sparkly black bodice. the width of the navy straps are giving her line backer shoulders. i would’ve died and gone to heaven if she had scored a dress similar to the one emma stone wore. that color on her = heaven. the navy is meh. she’s beautiful, nonetheless.

4. Betelgeuze February 24, 2015 at 11:56 am #

One of my favourites of the night. Everything about this look is so very perfect – hair, makeup, gown. Wow.

5. Leo February 24, 2015 at 3:27 am #

I love this deep rich blue and this dress is divine for her. The problem here is the styling, the necklace ages it and the hair is so wrong. With the right styling this could have been one of the best looks of the night, such a missed oportunity.

6. sanette February 23, 2015 at 7:37 pm #

The look would be stunning without the draping. It makes her look wider than she is. With it it’s an okay look. I love the color and her hair and makeup though.

7. Phoenix February 23, 2015 at 5:54 pm #

The color is gorgeous on her. I do not like the necklace with it and find it distracting. Her makeup and hair is terrific.

8. Maria February 23, 2015 at 4:30 pm #

my favorite Hollywood girl . always beautiful, she is a goddess

9. Alex February 23, 2015 at 12:50 pm #

She was one of my favourites on this red carpet. Nobody rocks this kind of Old Holywood Glamour look better than her.

10. Larissa February 23, 2015 at 10:12 am #

She was the one I was waiting to see and I am a bit disappointed by this look.

11. kane February 23, 2015 at 9:17 am #

Lurve the colour, but just can’t get past the draping detail at the top. It feels too expanding and uninspired. Also, again the necklace doesn’t belong (although at least she keept it simple and small).

12. Valissa February 23, 2015 at 6:39 am #

I think it fits her like a glove! Her body looks amazing. I also love seeing a navy gown/dress…it’s a beautiful and classic colour.
    I don’t like the necklace however, there was already too much going on from the waist up. I’m also not feeling her hair, it’s not as flawless as it usually is (I wonder if the rain played a part in that?)
    Overall, it’s a nice looks!

13. julyol1972 February 23, 2015 at 5:50 am #

The only saving grace for this dress, was that Idris Elba was draped next to it!

14. TeaAtTwo February 23, 2015 at 5:45 am #

She looks nice and i like the dark blue hue but I wish the slit were sown up and the hair in a up do and the necklace removed.

15. Alina February 23, 2015 at 5:34 am #

I didn’t expect a big gown from her because she doesn’t do that when she’s not nominated.

This is gorgeous and one of my favourites of the night. The fit is amazing, the colour works beautifully for her and she looks radiant. True Hollywood star.

16. Peony February 23, 2015 at 5:21 am #

Not convinced. The design is dated to me, and I don’t think it’s very flattering on her either. Beauty look is immaculate though.

17. Jenny February 23, 2015 at 4:49 am #

Not a fan of the dress but she owns it , the hair and makeup compliments the look.
    The color is gorgeous but the dress is not my fav at all

18. tom February 23, 2015 at 4:42 am #

the dress is fine, but the hair and ankle strap shoe killed for me.

19. pinksugar February 23, 2015 at 4:17 am #

Rip off that unneeded drapery and I would love this. It’s a great color on her but a busty gal does need fabric hanging from her breasts.

20. EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2015 at 4:05 am #

The color is fantastic on her. I really like the look, it’s gorgeous–though I could have done without the slit.

21. TL February 23, 2015 at 3:24 am #

Love the color, the fit, but not the draped part. She can do better I think.

22. fromchi-town February 23, 2015 at 2:54 am #

MYbe I am the only one who liked it. Its not as stellar as her usual appearances, but i still love the color on her. The gown itself looks a bit dated, but it fits her perfectly and I love her hair and makeup.

23. Jessica February 23, 2015 at 2:54 am #

I like this look. The colour is beautiful against her skin tone. But I think she’s had bigger/better moments than this. It’s the Oscars!

24. Marybeth February 23, 2015 at 2:51 am #

The dress throws her proportions off, making her shoulders and chest look bulky.
    I’d like it better without the drape.
    She looks nice but nowhere not up to the usual Jessica Chastain standard.

Say, how about that red carpet at the Goyas? 😉

• Kimma February 23, 2015 at 10:40 am #

+1 the drape made it seem illl-fitting

25. moonbeam February 23, 2015 at 2:51 am #

I like the drama of this gown, but it’s matronly in a way and it makes Jessica look heavier than she usually looks.

• cherrysoftness February 23, 2015 at 8:11 am #

I think so, too. Matronly is the right word. But that face, WOW!

26. Megs222 February 23, 2015 at 2:51 am #

I love this. I think she looks so elegant and her figure is incredible!

27. Prudence February 23, 2015 at 2:43 am #

BORING AS HELL. If you are going to wear Givenchy it needs to be next level out of this world a la zoe saldana in that purple dress years ago.
    Next!

28. ash February 23, 2015 at 2:43 am #

am I the only one who love this look? I think it fits her so well. love the color.

• Nat39 February 23, 2015 at 2:54 am #

I love it. Jessica looks so gorgeous, the gown fits her to perfection.

• Nadia99 February 23, 2015 at 5:56 am #

I love it too. From H to T this look is my favourite for the moment.

• gabis February 23, 2015 at 1:19 pm #

I love it too. My only nitpick is that I wish she had opted for earrings instead of the necklace. But even so she was one of my favorites of the night.

• bas February 23, 2015 at 7:14 pm #

Perfection. I would have opted for updo, but she looks gorgeous nonetheles.

• JJ February 24, 2015 at 12:07 am #

Love the color, the silhouette, etc. It’s fab.

29. Bailey February 23, 2015 at 2:41 am #

I think the colour is great on her and it showcases her shape fantastically. However a draped neckline like that, to me, belongs as a beautiful back detail. With this dress, the sparkly piece on the bottom looks bizarre and I think the side slit seems unnecessary

30. Christine February 23, 2015 at 2:35 am #

I like this apart from the shoes and necklace.

Fits her like a glove.

31. Yeliz February 23, 2015 at 2:33 am #

I’m disappointed, I think the gown looks dated. I love the colour on her and her gorgeous hair though.