Menu

January 15, 2014 Runway To Red Carpet

Ni Ni In Christian Dior – China Trends Awards

Ni Ni In Christian Dior - China Trends Awards

Ni Ni attended the China Trends Awards held in Beijing, China on Tuesday (January 14).

The Chinese actress, who was one of the seven stars who fell in love with Christian Dior’s Pre-Fall hoop skirt, donned Dior again, this time selecting a look from the Spring 2014 collection.

Her strapless gown features a black bodice with a houndstooth emblem and a full silver jacquard floral-embroidered ball skirt, which was styled with silver Dior pumps.

I much prefer the length of the dress on the runway. The longer length is more typical. I feel like I’ve seen this style several times before.

If you are having a case of déjà vu, that’s possibly because Natalie Portman wore a similar look, with hers featuring a long-sleeved black top, late last year.

I wish, like Natalie, Ni Ni had opted to wear her hair back, giving her look a sleek, simple finish.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Nail Trends Spotting: Chic White Manicures

Nail Trends Spotting: Chic White Manicures

Tory Burch Rodeo Drive Flagship Opening

Tory Burch Rodeo Drive Flagship Opening

14 Responses to Ni Ni In Christian Dior – China Trends Awards

1. pc ribbons January 16, 2014 at 7:21 am #

I like Ni Ni,she is so beautiful.But the China Trends Awards is boring.

2. Anne Gallagher January 15, 2014 at 11:10 pm #

I have seen the entire Dior Spring 2014 collection and I have to admit that I really just don’t much care for it.

As for this occasion, I agree that the tea length skirt would have been the way to go.

3. kane January 15, 2014 at 9:46 pm #

So over it (if I was ever under it anyway).

4. Christine January 15, 2014 at 8:01 pm #

Not feeling it

5. Nat39 January 15, 2014 at 4:07 pm #

Much prefer the strapless version – the long-sleeved top (as seen on Natalie) feels a bit too plain and casual. The proper tea length on the runway is undeniably better. Her straight loose hair doesn’t go with the look, should’ve been pulled back into a neat ‘do. She still looks nice but this type of look has been done too many times, I’m tired of it.

6. dee January 15, 2014 at 3:42 pm #

This is nothing special.

7. arang January 15, 2014 at 3:25 pm #

The dress is pretty enough, I guess (though whyfor the badge-like emblem on an evening gown?), but the bodice looks rather poorly fitted, unfortunately.

8. Maria January 15, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

I feel like I’m beating a dead horse with this, but if you can’t wear tea length properly, don’t wear it at all! This looks awful.

9. Yeliz January 15, 2014 at 1:23 pm #

I don’t like this look.

• Alina January 15, 2014 at 9:23 pm #

10. Lee Ann January 15, 2014 at 1:13 pm #

THE FABRIC IS REALLY PRETTY IN REAL LIFE BUT PHOTOGRAPHS LIKE TINFOIL. THE LENGTH ON THE RUNWAY IS FAR CHICER BUT BECAUSE TEENY STARLETS ARE BORROWING PRESS SAMPLES IT WILL BE TOO LONG ON THE RUNWAY. I LOATHE THE BADGES-I KNOW ITS RAF’S TAKE ON TRIBES BUT I FIND IT NAF-KIND OF LIKE KANYE WEARING BLAZERS WITH FAUX BADGES LIKE ONE WEARS AT PRIVATE SCHOOL.

• Serenity January 15, 2014 at 4:48 pm #

I really can’t stand the whole badge idea either. It turned me off to the entire collection. (That, among other things). I was a Raf defender/supporter until this collection. Then I gave up. I am sure that this is, indeed, beautiful in ‘real life’, but based on the pictures, which is all a mere mortal, such as myself, has to go by, this is bad. She looks like a baked potato. Stick a fork in her, she’s done.

• Anne Gallagher January 15, 2014 at 11:11 pm #

I live your baked potato comment. ROTFL!

11. Charlotte January 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm #