Menu

Anne Hathaway In Tom Ford – ‘Les Miserables’ New York Premiere

Anne Hathaway hit the red carpet wearing another daring look for the New York premiere of ‘Les Miserables’ held at the Ziegfeld Theatre yesterday evening.

On this occasion the risk paid off for me.

Opting for a look so far away from her goody-two-shoes image, she wore a dark and mysterious Tom Ford Spring 2013 dress.

The black taffeta cape-back dress with a thigh-high slit was styled with a sexy pair of Tom Ford knee-high bondage-style boots and Fred Leighton jewels.

With lacquered hair, the actress completed her look with on-trend dark rouge lips.

The only thing that was missing from this gothic look was black nail polish; however, Anne opted for no polish at all.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Chanel Better...Jessica Biel or Naomie Harris?

Who Wore Chanel Better…Jessica Biel or Naomie Harris?

Jessica Chastain In Elie Saab - ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ LA Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Elie Saab – ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ LA Premiere

92 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Tom Ford – ‘Les Miserables’ New York Premiere

1. Joy December 11, 2012 at 9:00 pm #

First time I have liked her hair since she cut it. It looks so right with dress! Would love the whole look if it weren’t for those hideous shoes which make her look as if she is auditioning for 50 shades of grey.

2. Jones19 December 11, 2012 at 8:06 pm #

Agh I’m one of the shoe haters. Also the paps got a shot of her crotch when she was getting out of the car, why not wear underpants? I thought she wasn’t a trashy starlet.

• Elaine2 December 12, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

Yes, it seems as if she was taking more risks than just in the shoe department. Not a good idea…

3. Amy December 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm #

the dress is original for sure but I don’t know how i feel about it but for the shoes I have one word : AWFUL.

4. Annemarie December 11, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

I like the dress, but the shoes are a nightmare!

5. Susan December 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Well, it’s different.

6. Dhppy December 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

I’m going with a “yes” on this. The hair finally suits her. The gown is stylish and sleek and lovely. The sexy leg braces… well… if she were a stage performer (Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Katy Perry), I wouldn’t blink, but they do seem incongruous with the popular image of Anne Hathaway. I agree, it would be much more suited to a Batman premiere. However, it all still works. She still looks beautiful. Weirdly beautiful.

7. Liana December 11, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

What a mess. She looks sensational from the neck up, but I can’t get pass that ugly dress : that cape…! And Taffeta? Really? No. Just no.

8. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang December 11, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

Anne Hathaway goes vamp the glam in this Tom Ford black cape back gown with daring side split!! Many of you have problems with the Tom Ford knee high bandage style boots, but I think it works well with the dark and mysterious manner of the dress!! Love Anne’s slicked back do and dark berry lip!! Very vampy and mysterious, so sexy Anne Hathaway!!!This is how you do gothic glamour!!!

9. kathryn December 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

Hair and makeup are amazing. The dress is okay although I do think the material looks more expensive on the model. I just can’t with those shoes.

Anne has definitely changed stylists as I can’t imagine Rachel Zoe choosing any of the looks she’s been sporting on the Les Miserables promo tour.

• Danielle December 11, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

You think? RZ is a huge Tom Ford devotee which made me agree with another commenter’s sentiment “my stylist told me to”

10. Chloe December 11, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

The dress is ok, but those shoes look like the leg braces Forrest Gump had to wear. They’re hideous

11. Pedro December 11, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

EPIC!

12. Wafa Al-Alawi December 11, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

I like the idea of the boots, and her makeup is gorgeous, but I wish the dress was just a simple black gown with a high slit and a little quirk to keep it safe from looking like yet another boring black gown or nightwear. I hate the wings and without them I’m afraid the dress would look like just a garbage bag. Bottom line is I love the idea, but I wish it was another dress. Halfway there.

13. Ritika December 11, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

I love the shoes, I dont think the dress translates too well outside of the lookbook.. And I hate when I get a trying-too-hard vibe. I much preferred the Givenchy on her.

14. Jess December 11, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

I don’t know what it is but the dresses Tom Ford is designing under his own label are surprisingly meh. Celebrities keep wearing them so I keep trying to like them but they all turn out either very ill-fitting or … well, cheap looking. In this case it’s the latter. Anne literally looks like she’s wearing a ripped garbage bag that’s been tarted up to look like taffeta, which isn’t much of an upgrade at all. The boots are hideous even though I appreciate the dramatic goth look she’s attempting. Her makeup and hair however, are flawless.

15. kh December 11, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

Those shoes with that dress are AWFUL. I love domme inspired looks, goth at heart. But that dress just does not work with those shoes, they even make the model’s legs look short and stumpy.

16. mm December 11, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

I love it! The shoes work with the look. I love her hair and make up. Plus she owns the look to me.

17. Emmeline December 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

The shoes aren’t my personal taste, but I’m loving that she’s taking risks on this promo tour. It’s nice to see actresses who don’t always play it safe.

Other than the shoes, I think she looks fantastic. Her hair and makeup are divine.

18. Andrew December 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

Tom Ford has lost it. The dress is plain wierd, the shoes ugly, but the hair and make-up stunning!

19. TeaAtTwo December 11, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

She’s commanding the look with real presence but I’m not a fan of the boots if it had been just been the sandal part this would have been really amazing and I would be lusting after them.

20. Juliana December 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

The dress itself is okay but with the shoes… Just NO!

21. ash December 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

I like how she’s expeimenting and she’s going out of her comfort zone, but I just think that she doesn’t have that kind of charisma to pull off this look, though I’d probably be so in love with this look if Rihanna was wearing it.

• mm December 11, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

Yes this is a Rihanna look for sure but I love it on Anne

22. Jess2 December 11, 2012 at 2:00 pm #

Wow, work it girl! I think this is a great look, she sure did take some risks and she pulls it off. Just based on my personal taste though, I would have loved to have seen this with different shoes. Had she worn different shoes this would have been a BDOTY contender for me because the dress is amazing on Anne and her hair and makeup is absolute perfection! Good on her, she did really well here 🙂

23. Luiza December 11, 2012 at 1:52 pm #

I’m not feeling this look AT ALL. But I love the hair and make up and attitude

24. Anne December 11, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

I am on board for this look, save for the shoes which I thought were a fancy way to hide a leg brace or a cast. The vampy lippy and the slicked hair are to die for and complement the edgy gown perfectly. But, kick the cray cray shoes to the curb.

25. kane December 11, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

Bust shot: oh yes!
    Full shot: too complicated for me… and these shoes.

26. Zissou December 11, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

There’s absolutely nothing here that I enjoy.

27. TL December 11, 2012 at 12:18 pm #

Guessing I am the only one here who doesn’t like both the dress and the hideous shoes. Love her makeup though.

• Kaylie December 11, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

No, you’re not the only one who didn’t like both the dress and the shoes. The dress looks like a little kid tied a couple of garbage bags to their back to make a superhero cape. And I agree with whoever above mentioned that they thought she was wearing a leg brace and trying to make it sexy. I haven’t been a fan of any of the recent Tom Ford looks, to be honest.

• dee December 11, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like she is wearing a trash bag. The dress is awful and those shoes are butt ugly.

• roxy December 11, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

+1 only the hair and makeup are decent

• justme December 11, 2012 at 2:53 pm #

No, I’m right there with you. This is a disaster from the neck down.

• Nat39 December 11, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

TACKY MESS from the neck down. Kudos to Anne for trying to work it

28. gabis December 11, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

Honestly I don’t care much for it on Anne. The 60’s hairstyle and the soft makeup against the futurist/edgy/fierce knee-high boots is what makes this look work on the look book model. But Anne based her whole look on the boots and went with the obvious gothic styling. Not a fan.

29. Angeline December 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

Styling disaster.

30. Rach December 11, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

I admire her for taking a risk and I’m not so horrified by the shoes, I love that she went there. The whole look wouldn’t look out of place of Eva Green, so it’s very different for Anne.
    I love the hair and make-up though, fantastic.

31. Lara December 11, 2012 at 11:51 am #

Perfect hair and even more perfect make-up. The dress, I could live with. The shoes? N to the O.

32. Mel December 11, 2012 at 11:00 am #

This is hideous and the pose is overacted. What was she thinking? The dress, the sandals, the makeup, the attitude… anything works here.

33. Ruff December 11, 2012 at 10:55 am #

Best hair since she cut it. Best make-up in months. Torerable dress. But those shoes are simply editorial material, they don´t translate well to the red carpet. I appreciate the risk, but it just didn´t pay off.

34. dressaddict December 11, 2012 at 10:32 am #

The shoes ruin the look. Totally. Everything could’ve been perfect with a different pair of shoes.

35. serapart December 11, 2012 at 10:23 am #

the shoes are worse than victoria beckhams hideous opentoe boots, other than that, I love the vamp-look…

36. JGH December 11, 2012 at 10:21 am #

I legit thought she broke her leg and was trying for a “sexy leg brace.”

37. vicky December 11, 2012 at 10:15 am #

Awful “shoes”, otherwise a very interesting look!

38. Anna December 11, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Anne looks great in the dress, that risk definitely paid off.

BUT the shoes are a bloody disaster of epic proportions!!!!! It looks like a high heeled sandal combined with the boot you wear when you’ve injured your leg.

• carolina December 11, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

Hah, yes indeed – thanks for the laugh.

39. manja December 11, 2012 at 9:55 am #

a risk that didn’t pay off IMO,and the monstrocity on her legs too much for words.she is not edgy and she shoudl not try to be.on the other hand Amanda looks fantastic.too bad for Anne.

40. bas December 11, 2012 at 9:52 am #

I love the theme, but the shoes are a bit too much for me, a pair a good sandals would have been preferred. I like that she is going out of her comfort zone 🙂

41. rebecca o December 11, 2012 at 9:38 am #

Her hair finally looks nice but those boots are absolutely hideous.

42. Laura December 11, 2012 at 9:35 am #

Yuk! Those shoes are all kinds of fugly. Make it stop, they are hurting my eys.

43. Betelgeuze December 11, 2012 at 9:28 am #

Adore the dress, hate those weird things on her legs. The makeup is perfect.

• Noemi (WBiS) December 11, 2012 at 9:44 am #

I agree with you. Those “things” maybe would be right for a short LBD, but not for this one. The hairstyle and make up are perfect, she looks beautiful.

• Yeliz December 11, 2012 at 10:06 am #

Totally agree.

• Natalie19 December 11, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

Exactly my thoughts

44. ramalama December 11, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Shoes are disaster.

45. Betty Brandenbrug December 11, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Grerat dress, godawful shoes. Looked bad on the model, looks bad on Hathaway. Shame, as otherwise ishe looks fab.

46. la-karenina December 11, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Sorry, but those shoes are hideous. With different shoes I would have look the look.

• T from Sydney December 11, 2012 at 9:38 am #

Totally agree. The shoes are horrible.

• Natalie19 December 11, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

I agree

I absolutely LOVE her hair and makeup here!!! (i’m usually not a fan of Anne’s makeups).

But the shoes…..oh my god….no! it’s ridiculous!!!

• Moxie December 11, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

• noo December 11, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

I cannot accept these shoes, they are disgusting imo!

• Leti December 11, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

Exactly!

• Hannah December 11, 2012 at 11:01 pm #

They remind me of the leg braces in Forrest Gump. I don’t love the dress anyway, but the shoes are painful.

• Christine December 12, 2012 at 2:26 am #

I couldn’t agree more. I had to do a triple take. LOL. I am still in shocked but also in awe at the same time.

47. CreoleLady December 11, 2012 at 9:20 am #

Whoa. I am woman, hear me roar. She’s exploring her inner Cat Woman with a soupçon of dominatrix tossed in, lol. Well if she’s going to wear black as fiercely as this, I’m going sit back and enjoy the view. Work.

• Kaz December 11, 2012 at 11:03 am #

+1. Werk! Love this from head-to-toe.

48. jeremy December 11, 2012 at 9:16 am #

I literally CHOKED on my Dr. Pepper for this. I really have to look thrice to make sure that is Hathaway. I love the sexy make-up and the dress is warming up on me, but why the S&M shoes??

• AnnaLee December 11, 2012 at 9:20 am #

So true… The dress works for me (daring, but it works somehow), love the make up and the hair but those shoes… Don’t like those AT ALL!

• Charlotte December 11, 2012 at 9:23 am #

I agree with you. The dress and the make up are great, but the shoes are awful ! And it’s too much with such a sexy dress.

• Lori December 11, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

Call it edgy all you like, hideous is hideous and those shoes are hideous. All I feel from this look is “my stylist told me to.” Plus a runway carbon copy? Make the look your own. They look like leg braces. Hideous.

• Rebecca Z December 11, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

I am with the shoe haters on this one. The dress, hair and makeup are great, and a strappy shoe would wok, but these boots are grotesque and not attractive.

• Foteini P. December 11, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

• anna December 11, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

Agreed. Those shoes are awful.

49. Ramsay December 11, 2012 at 9:14 am #

This week is offering so many good looks – this is a hit for Anne – I think it would’ve worked even better had she been promoting The Dark Knight – It’s very difficult to pull off this dress because of this shape and especislly its fabric – the shoes are great addition

50. Gillian December 11, 2012 at 9:13 am #

This surely won’t go well commercially or outside fashion circles, or maybe even in them, but I love it. It exudes edginess and risk-taking and it paid off.