Menu

October 23, 2012 Runway To Red Carpet

Krysten Ritter In Reem Acra – ‘Don’t Trust The B—- In Apt 23’ Premiere Party

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Krysten Ritter attended the premiere party for her TV series ‘Don’t Trust The B—- In Apt 23’ held at the Toro Lounge at Plein Sud in New York City last night.

The actress wore a very daring Reem Acra Fall 2012 dress.

Her uber-sexy gown with a silver metallic bodice, cut-out waist and thigh-high slit is risqué whilst leaving a lot to the imagination.

What I love about this look is that I don’t get the sense that Krysten was trying too hard. Imagine Blake Lively (pre-Mrs Reynolds) in this gown.

What I don’t like about this look are her Jimmy Choo ‘Maya’ pumps. To repeat my motto, ‘a sexy gown requires a sexy sandal’.

You may remember that Malin Akerman wore a modified version of this gown to the ‘Rock of Ages’ LA premiere back in June.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Supermodels @ The Angel Ball 2012

Supermodels @ The Angel Ball 2012

Jessica Chastain In Jason Wu - Harry Winston Dinner For Jessica Chastain

Jessica Chastain In Jason Wu – Harry Winston Dinner For Jessica Chastain

21 Responses to Krysten Ritter In Reem Acra – ‘Don’t Trust The B—- In Apt 23’ Premiere Party

1. Mia October 25, 2012 at 8:54 am #

i want her abs -.-

2. Jess2 October 24, 2012 at 10:14 am #

She is rocking in this dress!! Awesome dress and awesome bod. Shame about the shoes, I really don’t like pointy shoes.

3. Christine October 24, 2012 at 4:53 am #

Wow, sexy. It maybe be borderline tackyville but she looks good. Nice bod!

4. TeaAtTwo October 23, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

I don’t like the dress but she has good abs and doesn’t look really tacky in it like some people would.

5. Aline October 23, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

This dress looks SO good on her! However, her hair has been bringing down all her looks lately, IMO.

6. Kathy October 23, 2012 at 9:04 pm #

If you have such a high leg slit, maybe you should cover up a bit more on top, or vice versa. Just my opinion. If the cutout DIDN’T reach more than halfway across her stomach, I’d love it, but unfortunately it does and I don’t.

7. Moxie October 23, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

She is working that dress. I prefer this one to Malin Ackerman’s, but it is still a little too revealing for my taste. I agree with the previous poster, who said she looks like Cleopatra.

• Rebecca Z October 23, 2012 at 8:40 pm #

Agree. But if anyone can carry it off it is her.

• Nat39 October 23, 2012 at 10:01 pm #

I also agree, I think that unlike Malin, she is actually carrying off this bold look (even though I’m not a big fan of it) very well, shoes aside.

8. Rafael October 23, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

I think she’s working it… She looks FABULOUS

9. dee October 23, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

She looks good in the dress.

10. Yeliz October 23, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

With almost her whole back and the big cut-out and that thigh-high slit, this is simply too revealing for my tastes.

11. P. October 23, 2012 at 6:09 pm #

simple WOW!!!!! Excuse me while I pick my jaw on the floor. Krysten looks AMAZING. Yes, she’s showing a lot of skin, legs, waist, backs. However, she managed to look smouldering sophisticated. I’m in awe. By the way, this version is much more appealing than Malin’s version, which looks tacky due to her legs and waist are just separated by a thin layer of fabric. What really works on Krysten’s version is that the legs and waist are very well demarcated and not so close each other.
    Hair and make up are refined

12. LenaM October 23, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

She looks AMAZING! Def agree she is one of the few girls edgy enough to make it look cool.. Can’t see the shoes so they don’t bother me. Kind of obsessed with this.

13. Aalyah October 23, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

Sick! Her body is ridic. Good for her!

14. LenaM October 23, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

She looks AMAZING! Def agree she is one of the few girls edgy enough to make it look cool.. Can’t see the shoes so they don’t bother me. I’m kind of obsessed with this.

15. gabis October 23, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

When I first saw this dress on Malin Akerman, I thought it only looked bad because of all the changes she made, but now that Krysten is wearing the exact runway version and still doesn’t look good I had to change my mind. The problem is not who’s wearing it but the dress itself. It’s a tacky piece nearly beyond salvation. I can’t think of anyone that could possibly look good on it.

16. Odette October 23, 2012 at 5:53 pm #

She looks elegant, almost has a Cleoparta vibe going on.

This dress worked for both Malin and Kristen.

But I am over it now, as it has been worn to perfection.

17. robbie October 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

definitely agree with you about the shoes, a sexy dress needs a sexy sandal. other than that though she looks amazing.

18. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm #

Im shocked this is Reem, which usually is so elegant. This foray into sexy is coming off simply tacky.

• EmmaWoodhouse October 25, 2012 at 2:47 am #

Agreed. This is VERY tacky. I expect more from Reem.