Menu

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 1' LA Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence attended the premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Monday (November 17) in Los Angeles, California.

The actress wore a Christian Dior Fall 2014 Couture silver jacquard silk dress which was originally presented as a gown.

Big gowns, unless it’s a film festival or awards season, don’t appear to be part of Jennifer’s red carpet M.O.

Personally, the look would’ve worked either way for me. The shorter length does keep the look more youthful, however.

Despite the unique shape, which might not be to everyone’s liking, this is my favourite look from this promo tour.

Styled with a Vita Fede gold pearl ear jacket, Aquazzura gold metallic ‘Linda’ sandals and a rose-gold Roger Vivier bag, I adore the simple face-framing updo and pretty pink lips.

Best in show, or did someone else take your fancy?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elizabeth Banks In Leonard - 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' LA Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Leonard – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ LA Premiere

Keira Knightley In Dolce & Gabbana - 'The Imitation Game' New York Premiere

Keira Knightley In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Imitation Game’ New York Premiere

41 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ LA Premiere

1. Peony November 19, 2014 at 08:10 #

Another awkwardly-proportioned, poorly-fitted Dior dress. Echoing others in saying I can’t wait until this collab ends.

2. Fiona - Perth November 19, 2014 at 07:53 #

Like the dress, her hair and makeup are very pretty but the shoes are killing me!! They are way too big and consequently she is sliding forward and we see all of her toes splayed out which is not very elegant. Why in all of LA they cannot find a pair of shoes to fit her I do not know – why can she not buy herself a pair of gold sandals that fit then she wouldn’t have to rely on the stylist who only has size 9? Such a shame.

3. Chris November 19, 2014 at 00:16 #

I don’t love or hate the dress, but she looks flawless in it. Her hair and makeup are beyond compare and I think shortening was a good call, as keeping at its longer length might have made it too elegant for the event.

4. Nat39 November 18, 2014 at 21:25 #

The shape is ugly and messes up with proportions.

5. sanette November 18, 2014 at 17:46 #

Much better than her London premiere dress but it is very predictable.

6. Courtney Klein November 18, 2014 at 16:55 #

She looks perfect! I love it!

7. sophie November 18, 2014 at 16:51 #

Dior is not the right fit for Jen. It ages and dulls her, even though this look is delightful.

8. pinksugar November 18, 2014 at 16:48 #

Pretty but predictable. Her cast-mates definitely showed her up.

9. serapart November 18, 2014 at 16:24 #

I think Women like Helena Bonham Carter can pull this dress shape off easily, but not Jennifer, she doesnt has the personality for this particular dress in my opinion.
    I like the Hair&Makeup though.

10. MaryDi November 18, 2014 at 15:14 #

I can’t imagine the reasons why they decided to chop off the skirt. With this length, it looks awkward especially on the back. If you go Madame Pompadour meets New Look style as least try to find better shoes. I don’t like rose lipstick, it makes creased lips. Despite these the make-up and hair are flawless.

11. mm November 18, 2014 at 15:13 #

i dont like her in dior designs

12. Pedro November 18, 2014 at 14:56 #

She looks great, only great.

I was expecting something amazing

13. Phoenix November 18, 2014 at 14:33 #

deja vu feeling. Kind of only okay….I do not like the shoes with this dress at all. hm, its all okay. not bad, but not that great either.

14. Veronica November 18, 2014 at 13:29 #

I wish she would stop wearing white or similar colors – all these pale colors r washing her out!

15. Rebecca Z November 18, 2014 at 13:21 #

Adorable, but not especially memorable. Her shoes are too big–what’s up with that?

16. Scarlett November 18, 2014 at 13:09 #

I really like this, she looks great, and it’s a much more youthful look for her which is long overdue. But it just feels like Rachel Zoe or her minions can’t be bothered any more. Did someone just put in a request for white gowns to Dior?

17. Bailey November 18, 2014 at 13:09 #

There’s too much volume to this dress, its overkill. I like the silver jacquard pattern and I definitely prefer her shorter version as opposed to the floor-length, but I much prefer her first Dior dress to this. Beautiful hair and makeup and I even kind of like the shoes.

18. eminere November 18, 2014 at 13:00 #

Yawn.

19. Aocc November 18, 2014 at 12:49 #

BDOTY! LOOOVE IT

20. kane November 18, 2014 at 12:47 #

Shoes aside, I actually love this.

21. sara November 18, 2014 at 12:36 #

i can’t wait for the day she’ll stop wearing Dior..if it’s not straight up horrible it is uninspiring, or, at best, just ok (like in this case). thankfully her makeup is nice this time

• sara November 18, 2014 at 12:38 #

also, the shoes are really bih, like 2 sizes! she often has this problem, wonder why..
      i remember FC always gaving flak at Lea Michele for this same reason

• Ana November 19, 2014 at 00:31 #

She’s been having the shoe problem a lot lately! She probably has so many shoes at her disposition I’m baffled as to why she keeps using ones that are obviously TOO BIG! I’m surprised that FC has not noticed it or made a comment on it yet since she did comment about Lea Michele’s shoe size a lot.

• dee November 18, 2014 at 14:05 #

Agreed.

• Kate November 18, 2014 at 21:03 #

The brand is just not a good fit for her. This look is far from the worst JLaw/Dior look, but it’s obvious the dress could look better on someone else. And it’s obvious Jennifer would look better in a different dress (a sleek Calvin Klein, anyone? Or anything from her first Hunger Games promote tour).
      When I think “dress could look better, she could look better” on every look–it’s high time for this partnership to end!

22. gabis November 18, 2014 at 12:05 #

She looks great but doesn’t beat Julianne Moore in my opinion.

23. Dero November 18, 2014 at 11:53 #

Definitely the best she’s looked in Dior since her Oscar win!

Everything about this look is divine. Her hair is gorgeous and perfectly styled, her make-up (which is normally a bit ‘off’) is on point, I am OBSESSED with her ear cuff, and the length suits her to a tee. Youthful, chic, elegant, fun, spunky – everything JLaw in Dior SHOULD be.

24. manja November 18, 2014 at 11:30 #

she does look beautifull,love the shoes but the fit is off again,at least make up is great this time.but EB stole her thunder yet again IMO

25. mamaria November 18, 2014 at 11:14 #

there is something wrong with those shoes…

• Ana November 19, 2014 at 00:27 #

The shoes are too big on her; I’ve been noticing that lately and went back to look at her past red-carpet appearances and most of her shoes (sandals specially) are WAY TOO BIG!! It’s such a pity it’s bringing down most of her looks in my opinion.

26. Princess Chi Chi November 18, 2014 at 11:05 #

Thank god, I actually really like this look. Fresh and chic,
    Whilst I like the shorter length, I do think it looks like the longer skirt was just chopped shorter, perhaps it’s the volume of the skirt bothering me.
    The styling is perfect, finally I have no qualms with her hair and make-up. She really does look better with minimal, natural make-up.

27. Noemi November 18, 2014 at 11:03 #

I agree with you, FC, this is her best look of the promo tour for me, too. I love the modified version of the dress, so much better than the runway’s.

• Fiona-Brasil November 18, 2014 at 11:51 #

+ 1

• Alina November 18, 2014 at 15:35 #

28. Yeliz November 18, 2014 at 10:59 #

Sadly the shape doesn’t quite work for me. Prefer her previous Dior look.

• towanda November 18, 2014 at 14:00 #

29. Lashae November 18, 2014 at 10:48 #

It’s a no for me. These (puffy) dresses are not just for her.

She looks so much better in sleek, fitted types of dresses.

• dee November 18, 2014 at 14:04 #

Agreed.

30. Christine November 18, 2014 at 10:47 #

She looks stunning. I like this

31. Mick November 18, 2014 at 10:43 #

Dress-wise, I think I prefer the outfit from the London premiere, but hair and make-up are sooo much better here. Overall a great look for J-Law.

32. Martina November 18, 2014 at 10:40 #

She looks great ! Intresting but young and pretty. And make up and hair are great ! The best in a while.