Jennifer Lawrence In Jason Wu – ‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ World Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Jason Wu - ‘X-Men Days Of Future Past’ World Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence attended the ‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ world premiere held at Jacob Javits Center on Saturday (May 10) in New York City.

Yes, you guessed it, she’s not wearing Dior.

Breaking her red carpet run, that spans over a year, the actress shifted gears wearing a Jason Wu Fall 2014 velvet chiffon jacquard bias slip gown styled with Ana Khouri jewels and a black Kotur clutch.

This comes hot off the heels of Marion Cotillard’s non-Dior look earlier this week, so does this mean the brand are loosening the reins on their brand ambassadors?

Let’s hope so, because to say it was becoming predictable was the understatement of the century.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Zoe Saldana In Reed Krakoff - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Zoe Saldana In Reed Krakoff – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Chelsea Kane's ASOS Floral Scuba Top

Chelsea Kane’s ASOS Floral Scuba Top

47 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Jason Wu – ‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ World Premiere

1. Bec May 11, 2014 at 12:35 #

I don’t mind the dress, and I love her hair and makeup.

Do you know what happened to her at the Met Gala Catherine? I thought she was confirmed?

2. Christine May 11, 2014 at 12:36 #

She looks good.The velvet may be a little hot but I like it. Glad to see her wearing something that is not DIOR.

3. Alina May 11, 2014 at 12:38 #

I like the dress, but I just don’t think it is working very well on her.

4. justme May 11, 2014 at 12:49 #

She is usually at her best in figure-skimming long gowns so she was right to pick this silhouette for the big premiere. It is also good that she’s experimenting outside of Dior designs.

However, this is very 1990′s and not in a good way. From the chignon to the thin straps to the velvet, everything looks dated :/

• cherrysoftness May 12, 2014 at 03:23 #

And the lip color, too!

But I think maybe in person the velvet might be a bit more dramatic, more slinky, as opposed to the inherent casualness of this type of look in the 90s. And I think it kind of… suits her style?

5. Yeliz May 11, 2014 at 12:50 #

I really like this from head-to-toe. Her non-Dior looks are almost always pretty good.

6. Charlotte May 11, 2014 at 12:53 #

I think the dress looks really dated and is not especially flaterring on her. Plus I hate the hair.

• jo May 11, 2014 at 14:57 #

• Milla B. May 11, 2014 at 16:33 #

• Quinn May 11, 2014 at 21:21 #

• Caro Chanel May 12, 2014 at 08:36 #

• Jess2 May 13, 2014 at 05:38 #

+5 about the hair! Terrible! I don’t mind the dress too much though

• Danielle May 13, 2014 at 21:21 #

7. dee May 11, 2014 at 12:56 #

I don’t know wearing velvet in Spring? Seems odd but she does look good in the dress.

8. Tracy May 11, 2014 at 12:59 #

That undeniable 90s vibe! She wears the dress better than the model.

9. Mandy May 11, 2014 at 13:31 #

Well i’m beyond happy that it’s not Dior, but like many others above I also think there is an ‘old fashioned’ vibe coming from it. This promo should be interesting.

10. grace May 11, 2014 at 13:35 #

J.Law is completely selling the dress to me!
    On her, she carries the dress well and makes it look very expensive as the dress already is….
    Just simple and Luxe and also perfect for her figure now, I think she’s gaining some weight but no offence, any one of any size can do fashion well if it’s flattering so bravo!

11. Valissa May 11, 2014 at 13:48 #

Firstly, I really loved this collection and thought it was Jason Wu’s best one in a while. So I’m happy to see it on the red carpet.
    Jennifer looks great IMO. The silhouette is flattering on her figure and I like the velvet. It seems to be making a comeback and I think it’s gorgeous when done right.
    Also, her hair and makeup is flawless!! Whoever did it needs to stay on her payroll permanently. Compare it to her hair and makeup at the Oscars…it’s a huge improvement!
    I think it’s safe to say that this is one of her better looks…fingers crossed for more a Dior-less outings this promo tour!

12. scarlett May 11, 2014 at 14:06 #

I’m actually a little sad she didn’t wear something from the Dior Cruise collection, there were some really lovely, very Jen friendly pieces. This is okay, I think of velvet as a winter fabric and it really is very 90′s. It’s flattering on her, I’m just a bit ‘meh’ about it. The hair is getting better tho, I’m glad she’s grown the pixie out.

13. Pedro May 11, 2014 at 14:37 #

Terrible dress and hair!

I love J.Law but this look is a big NO for me!

14. Rosa May 11, 2014 at 14:55 #

You put in the tags Christian Dior, and she wear a Jason Wu

• Catherine Kallon May 11, 2014 at 15:01 #

LOL…that is SO funny. It was a natural reaction because I have tagged all her posts Dior before….I have been brainwashed :D

15. Nina May 11, 2014 at 14:58 #

Like a lot of people I think this looks very dated and 90s. I don’t think there is anything wrong with wearing Dior. I think they have some nice pieces. I just feel like whoever Jennifer Lawrence’s stylist is has bad taste and no idea how to dress her and I think this mediocre non Dior look proves this.

• Lisa May 11, 2014 at 17:27 #

16. Joy May 11, 2014 at 15:26 #

This is not an improvement. I’m not big on spaghetti straps and the material is horrible. Totally agree with other comments that the whole look is very 1991. Bring Back Dior! just Kidding. Seriously, Predictable is better than this.

17. JamilaMaz May 11, 2014 at 16:26 #

Her figure looks sensational in this dress, but wow I got such a Leelee Sobieski vibe from her here, they look so alike sometimes!

18. rach May 11, 2014 at 16:26 #

Is Rachel Zoe still styling her? She should be shot, this is very dated. I’ll take predictable Dior over this any day.

19. Kathy May 11, 2014 at 16:35 #

Not many people can pull off velvet but she does it effortlessly. Must be the hair & makeup, they give the dress a sophisticated, retro feel.

20. JJ May 11, 2014 at 16:49 #

She looks amazing. Much better than her Dior looks. Glad she’s growing her hair back out.

21. Camille May 11, 2014 at 17:21 #

Happy to see her breaking out of the Dior straight jacket, and I normally like Jason Wu….but, as mentioned before, this look is dated and velvet is such an odd fabric choice for this time of year. Don’t care for the hair or the heavy makeup. Almost looks like she did it herself, and not very successfully. Hope she keeps trying other designers because there are so many fabulous looks out there. This was a big ‘meh’ from me on her first try at a non-Dior look.

22. ayuni May 11, 2014 at 17:35 #

Perhaps she’s giving a nod to her character, Mystique, with the slinky crushed velvet dressed.. I’m excited to see the rest of promo tour.

• ayuni May 11, 2014 at 17:38 #

dress*

• Alexandra Wong May 12, 2014 at 09:11 #

+1 That’s what I thought as well! The fabric is very much in keeping with her character’s shape-shifting nature.

23. Courtney Klein May 11, 2014 at 19:03 #

I think it looks pretty but a bit too mature for her. Someone 45 could wear this. I love the cool, young look on Jennifer Lawrence.

24. Ray May 11, 2014 at 19:27 #

I saw the gown in person during the premiere. The texture and flow of the gown looks a little bit different from the above photo. The gown looks lovely on her and she is very fit in person. The camera and lighting doesn’t show that the gown is beautiful.

• Catherine Kallon May 12, 2014 at 00:29 #

Pictures never do the gown justice…i have experience this before.

25. Effy May 11, 2014 at 20:58 #

She looks amazing! So glad she’s not wearing Dior. I have really high expectations for this promo tour.

26. amy May 11, 2014 at 21:52 #

well for a non-Dior look, this is a bummer. The dress isn’t doing much for her. not a fan. she usually kills it when she wears another brand but not here.

27. kane May 11, 2014 at 22:29 #

Seems like more than its part to me and way more interesting than her usual Dior disasters. It can’t quite compare to the terrific street style look (loved that crazy hair!) and maybe I’m just blinded by this not being Dior for once but I’m happy to give this a pass.

28. Dhppy May 12, 2014 at 00:07 #

My first thought : “She looks great!” Second thought: “Of course, it’s not Dior.”

• JJ May 13, 2014 at 03:06 #

Her and Dior don’t seem like a good fit.

29. TL May 12, 2014 at 09:56 #

Don’t mind the velvet, even in spring. I actually think she looks gorgeous, her figure screams ‘sexy’ and ‘smokin hot’! she totally nailed it. Although I don’t like her hairstyle.

• JJ May 13, 2014 at 03:06 #

She is smoking hot. :)

30. e May 12, 2014 at 10:11 #

she looks HOT! not a fan of the hairstyle from the front though

31. Sophia Moir May 12, 2014 at 11:10 #

I agree about the 90s dress comments and the aging hair. By the way, she wore Tom Ford to the VF Oscars after party in March – the last time she wore non-Dior on the red carpet before that was the Proenza Schouler dress for Catching Fire promo in Nov 2013.

32. k6wing May 13, 2014 at 16:12 #