24.01.14

ELLE’s Women In Television Celebration Red Carpet Roundup

ELLE's Women In Television CelebrationStarlets were spotted at every turn at ELLE’s Annual Women In Television Celebration, held on Wednesday (January 22) at Sunset Tower in West Hollywood, California. Here, a roundup of other PYTs at the event.

Emma Roberts: Debuting a sleek new, angled bob, the actress paired her bright, platinum ’do with a monochromatic Cushnie et Ochs moment, featuring the label’s signature cutouts on the black top. With the skirt’s side-flair detail, an Emm Kuo clutch and black, Christian Louboutin ‘Viveka’ crossover-strap sandals, this was a look that was both sassy and chic.

Jenna Dewan-Tatum: The actress dressed up in a blush-tinged Zac Posen Spring 2014 floral brocade party frock. The designer’s signature brand of drama was written all over the look with its impeccable structure, corset-inspired bodice and ruffles. She completed the fairytale femininity with nude Brian Atwood ‘Tamara’ ankle-wrap sandals, a sparkling Oroton ‘Debutante’ clutch, and EF Collection and Jennifer Meyer jewels. With the side updo and magenta lippie, was this just too much?

Bella Thorne: Edging up her pastel-yellow Miu Miu silk faille strapless bustier dress, the young starlet carried a Miu Miu yellow-and-white, nappa leather biker bag with pink crystal detail. She topped off the look with light pink sandals and a messy Heidi-inspired braided updo.

ELLE's Women In Television Celebration 2Mindy Kaling: Sticking to classic black, ‘The Mindy Project’ actress wore a Badgley Mischka dress with embellished waistband and standard-issue pumps.

Keke Palmer: Donning a Bec & Bridge leather tee and black leather skirt, Keke added a touch of colour to this monochrome moment with red pumps and a matching lip. However, the skirt was just several centimetres (at least) short of sophisticated.

Zooey Deschanel: The ‘New Girl’ star was positively charming in a Dolce & Gabbana black-and-white, polka-dot dress, which she punctuated with a fun red manicure and rouge lip. I might even be able to ignore the clunky black pumps, which aren’t nearly as sweet as the frock.

Credit: Getty

Florence Welch In Valentino - Valentino Spring 2014 Couture Front Row

Florence Welch In Valentino – Valentino Spring 2014 Couture Front Row

Kate Beckinsale's Parker 'Kaysha' Combo Jumpsuit

Kate Beckinsale’s Parker ‘Kaysha’ Combo Jumpsuit

16 Responses to ELLE’s Women In Television Celebration Red Carpet Roundup

1. Christine January 24, 2014 at 00:17 #

Jenna and Emma are my favorites from the bunch

2. Kathy January 24, 2014 at 00:19 #

Emma’s look is my favorite. Love how the curve of her sandals evoke the architectural cutouts in the top, but that hair ages her drastically. The worst offender here is probably Bella. Her dress looks like a cake that froze in mid-air, and the pastel-on-pastel look is too saccharine and in no way season-appropriate.

3. Bec January 24, 2014 at 00:26 #

Emma Roberts isn’t wearing pumps! :-O

4. CDC January 24, 2014 at 00:44 #

I could be mistaken, but aren’t Bella’s pumps the same ones Kiernan Shipka was wearing at this same event (albeit the black version)?
    Emma’s look was my favourite; the new haircut is gorgeous on her!

5. Serenity January 24, 2014 at 01:49 #

Emma is looking all-grownup these days, in a good way. Love her haircut and her dress, and as someone else mentioned, the way her shoes complement the lines of the dress, very chic indeed!

I have loved Jenna’s Zac Posen dress for awhile now, and I’m so glad to see her do it great justice. I don’t find it to be too much at all.

Bella’s look is giving me a mild toothache.

Mindy looks stunning–love the pop of color on her lips. Don’t love the shoes.

KeKe is my least favorite. It’s not working at all, mostly due to the skirt length-or lack thereof.

Zooey’s dress is perefect for her, very fun and chic, not overly girly as she is wont to do. No to the shoes, though. Wish she’d worn KeKe’s red pumps.

6. Nat39 January 24, 2014 at 02:16 #

I like Emma, and Mindy looks nice in her lovely black dress, just wish her footwear was more inspiring.
    Jenna’s dress is adorable but it’s all just too cutesy, girly and sugary for her.

7. Malinda Jane January 24, 2014 at 03:23 #

Zooey’s shoe choices are killing me! They’re so consistently bad. And again, Mindy would be my favourite if it weren’t for the shoes.

8. easyBlake January 24, 2014 at 07:17 #

My favorite looks are Emma (the hair, the shoes! as mentioned) and Keke. I’m not sure if it’s event appropriate – judging by others, it’s a ladies-who-lunch? But their looks have a young, funky edge I like.

9. Yeliz January 24, 2014 at 07:21 #

Emma looks amazing and I love her new hairstyle too. She is my favourite here, without a doubt.

• Fiona-Brasil January 24, 2014 at 09:15 #

• Alina January 24, 2014 at 13:47 #

+2. Hope she keeps up. Her last two looks have been reaaally great.

10. amy January 24, 2014 at 12:27 #

Emma is my fave there.she looks chic and modern. the new haircut really shows off her features.
    everybody else is so so.
    I like Jenna but I feel like her dress belongs to a younger girl (like Bella).
    keke’s skirt is too short.

11. gabis January 24, 2014 at 13:21 #

Zooey is my favorite. I have been struggling to like anything she wears lately so it’s quite a nice surprise to see her wearing something nice. I love the dress, it suits her perfectly. The shoes are a bit of a let down but it can be overlooked.

12. dee January 24, 2014 at 13:49 #

I only like Jenna’s look.

13. kane January 24, 2014 at 17:59 #

Emma for sure! Jenna looks nice in her dress, but I don’t care for shoes and clutch.

14. Bailey November 13, 2014 at 03:03 #

Loved Emma’s dress and her new hairstyle is perfection on her!