Jennifer Lawrence In J. Mendel – Late Show with David Letterman

Jennifer Lawrence In J Mendel - Late Show with David Letterman

Prior to the New York premiere for ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’, Jennifer Lawrence made a guest appearance on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’.

Braving the cold, the actress wore a J. Mendel Spring 2014 two-piece look consisting of a long-sleeved leaf-motif-embroidered tulle crop top with a black silk skirt with organza inserts, styled with a much-needed black Burberry leather-and-shearling jacket.

I really wanted to like this look, but I’m not a fan of the skirt as I’m starting to get slightly fatigued by the sheer-insert trend.

A nice pair of cigarette pants would’ve been preferred.

Narciso Rodriguez black-and-white sandals, Melinda Maria earrings and a pink pout completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Kate Bosworth In Fendi - 'Homefront' Las Vegas Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Fendi – ‘Homefront’ Las Vegas Premiere

Michelle Dockery's Erdem 'Bobin' Embellished Dress And Casadei Stiletto Pumps

Michelle Dockery’s Erdem ‘Bobin’ Embellished Dress And Casadei Stiletto Pumps

13 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In J. Mendel – Late Show with David Letterman

1. Charlotte November 21, 2013 at 09:43 #

The proportions of this look are not good. A coat instead of the jacket would have been better.

• Sleepless in Chicago November 21, 2013 at 12:19 #

Considering the weather, I find a warm jacket in combination with the sandals somewhat ridiculous. A pair of fashion forward pants work with trendy ankle boots would be so much more weather appropriate and stylish. This look is a miss in my book.

• Nat November 21, 2013 at 15:02 #

I agree with you two

• Alina November 21, 2013 at 15:54 #

I agree too.

2. Christine November 21, 2013 at 10:38 #

I am over the sheer teen too. I know she is freezing. Love her shoes.

3. kane November 21, 2013 at 10:42 #

I agree about the skirt. It’s too sweet for the midriff-baring top and biker jacket. But so are her heels, pose, beaming smile and pink lip.

4. Yeliz November 21, 2013 at 10:44 #

For some reason, I love this look.

5. CreoleLady November 21, 2013 at 11:21 #

Well, J Mendel was one of the brands I wanted to see her in. But black and sheer — again. Prefer the runway shoes. Inside w/o the jacket, I might like this better.

6. Joy November 21, 2013 at 11:48 #

Not a favorite. Everything looks sort of thrown together, and not in a good way. It isn’t the most flattering looks so far of her promo tour either.

I too am tired of this sheer insert skirt trend, time for this style to retire.

I’ve always loved the Burberry shearling coat, wanting one so badly myself, but it doesn’t go with this look.

7. dee November 21, 2013 at 15:01 #

I agree with you FC about the skirt, I think pants would have been better too. Even a simple pencil skirt would have been better than this. it’s not working together.

8. Juliana November 21, 2013 at 15:18 #

I’ve just watched the interview and i think that in the video the outfit looked a lot better! Without the jacket.

9. the ogre November 21, 2013 at 15:35 #

Only like her shoes otherwise this is not a good look. Slightly confused one in my opinion.

10. Sharon November 21, 2013 at 23:06 #

I love all the pieces of this outfit, but not together. I don’t have a problem with wearing sandals in cold weather. When your legs and midriff are bare, what do cold feet matter? I really love the jacket, and wouldn’t you know it’s Burberry – my clothes crush of the day!