Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' Rome Film Festival Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence continued to promote her movie ‘Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ by attending the Rome Film Festival premiere this evening in Italy.

Opting for her second Dior Fall 2013 Couture look this time, she wore a vanilla floor-length gown with a wrap-around bodice construction and a high-low hem which showcased her sexy gold sandals.

Mimicking the runway styling, she swept her hair back and opted for a watermelon lip colour, giving her look an Old Hollywood vibe of a 60s screen siren.

Dana Rebecca Designs earrings and a Ana Khouri diamond-and-gold stem hand bracelet completed her look.

I know what you’re thinking: either ‘Dior again’ or ‘not another light-coloured gown’, and I somewhat agree with the latter as I would love a colour other than ivory or blue from her during this promo tour.

Despite that, this is my favourite premiere look so far.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sarah Jessica Parker Rocks Her Fendi ‘Adele 1328′ Bag

Sarah Jessica Parker Rocks Her Fendi ‘Adele 1328′ Bag

Miley Cyrus In Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier  - Bambi Awards 2013

Miley Cyrus In Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier – Bambi Awards 2013

59 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Rome Film Festival Premiere

1. Serena November 14, 2013 at 18:41 #

I agree about the color, but I love this nonetheless. Wouldn’t know which one to choose between this and the Madrid première look. Gorgeous!

• Sleepless in Chicago November 16, 2013 at 14:48 #

A gorgeous look! She looks very confident and comfortable wearing it. Bravo!

2. Fanny November 14, 2013 at 18:42 #

I like the hair and the shoes, but what is that thing on the skirt?! For me, it ruins the whole dress.

3. Alina November 14, 2013 at 18:42 #

Definitely her best look so far during this promo tour, but it’s a shame she doesn’t use the oportunity to show some diversity, to enjoy fashion.

• Valissa November 14, 2013 at 23:35 #

That’s the thing with J-Law, I don’t think she enjoys fashion nor does she care. It’s both frustrating and endearing at the same time :P
      I think she looks good here…she very rarely looks bad but she very rarely looks memorable either.

4. Yeliz November 14, 2013 at 18:45 #

Of her Dior looks, the Madrid premiere look is still my favourite, but this one is beautiful too, I actually like the colour on her.
    This and her Madrid look are two of her Dior looks which I look at and think that the Lawrence-Dior collaboration isn’t that bad, but then again the most of her Dior looks fail to excite me, so I really don’t know what to think.

• admmgz November 14, 2013 at 18:59 #

5. Dorothy November 14, 2013 at 18:46 #

No that’s what I call a home run.

• Dorothy November 14, 2013 at 18:46 #

*Now

6. Ramsay November 14, 2013 at 18:48 #

I loooove those shoes

7. Nat39 November 14, 2013 at 18:53 #

I love the sharp, original structure of the gown, that’s what makes it a standout, and I actually like it in ivory – makes it extra crisp. Her styling is on point – the sexy gold sandals are much preferred over the runway shoes and her hair and makeup are lovely. This is easily my fave premiere look from her.

8. Christine November 14, 2013 at 18:54 #

Not liking this. And that random circle on her skirt is off putting.

Where is Elizabeth?

• Dorothy November 14, 2013 at 21:42 #

At the Oslo premiere – ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/83359118.html

• Christine November 15, 2013 at 02:16 #

Omg, Elizabeth look is breathtaking. Them shoes!!!!! Omg, not professional picture of her? WTF She looks amazing.

9. Shara November 14, 2013 at 18:55 #

I like it very much. It’s not a jaw-dropping look, but still, she looks beautiful and the shoes are to die for. I prefer the Madrid premiere dress.

10. Jai November 14, 2013 at 18:56 #

This is easily her best look. Altho it looks pale yellow in the shots, which is why I like it so much.

11. Teri November 14, 2013 at 19:11 #

Looking good! I love the fact that she always keep her accessories to Minimum!
    That brings the instant touch of Elegance!

12. e November 14, 2013 at 19:34 #

I’m loving this look, especially those gorgeous gold sandals !

13. Fashionmint November 14, 2013 at 19:35 #

This look is okey but I m a bit bothered by the sequins..it’s so random ..plus where is Elizabeth banks ?

14. Larissa November 14, 2013 at 19:37 #

I totally agree, best premiere look so far. Nothing exciting of course but at least it doesn’t age her like other Dior dresses she’s been wearing in the past few days and the colour looks great on her.

15. pinksugar November 14, 2013 at 19:40 #

This is the most boring one of all imo. The color washes her out and there’s no ‘wow’ factor. I was excited when she wore the PS dress that maybe she was taking a much needed Dior break but we’re right back to the snooze fest with this.

16. Emily November 14, 2013 at 19:43 #

Maybe my screen is wrong, but it looks light yellow to me.

17. V November 14, 2013 at 19:50 #

She’s too masculine for Dior

18. FER November 14, 2013 at 19:51 #

PLEASE… could we all stop arguing about the fact that she keeps using Dior gowns?, I mean… this is jaw dropping gorgeous. It does NOT matter that she keeps using Dior when she keeps giving us something different each time, different hair, make up, shoes, different attitude I mean… she looks amazing. I really love the clean lines, the minimalism in the look and the thought given in the styling.

• Kathy November 14, 2013 at 20:26 #

I agree. There’s so much variety within Raf’s designs themselves that Jennifer can easily have a successful promo tour by wearing mostly Dior. (It’s just about choosing dresses that suit her and styling them well.) She’s proved it twice already.

• Valerie November 14, 2013 at 20:50 #

Couldn’t agree more. Not all her Dior looks have been a succes, but she just has to find what works for her. I feel like a lot of people are hatin on her looks just because its Dior, whether she looks nice or not.

• Scarlett November 14, 2013 at 20:57 #

Agree, I think she’s looked great every time and she is wearing other designers for press calls. This is perhaps the look she should have gone for in London, I think and maybe she would have if there had been better weather, this wouldn’t have been rain friendly. Nonetheless, it;s easily my favourite look so far and I have no problem with her Dior red carpets, she has a great attitude and she is changing it up enough.

• the ogre November 14, 2013 at 21:20 #

I also agree with one and all over here. We are now just acting a bit prejudiced. But this look proves that the collaboration can work if she chooses the right stuff for herself. You can see the minimalist aesthetic of Raf Simons reflected in this gown and Jennifer does full credit to it. Gorgeous styling indeed and she looks beautiful. Even though prefer the Madrid premiere look over this look, I feel that she’s carrying herself exceedingly well in all her looks. Great attitude and a brilliant smile that can light up the surroundings.

19. JJ November 14, 2013 at 20:04 #

Finally! A pretty gown on this promo tour. lol :D

20. Dirk November 14, 2013 at 20:06 #

I know she has a contract with Dior but

FREE JENNIFER LAWRENCE.

This is giving me shades of Nicole Kidman almost exclusively wearing L’Wren Scott for like a year. Explore!

• kate November 15, 2013 at 20:02 #

Dior’s contract is waaay to strict and between her promo tour and Natalie Portman’s promo tour for Thor, there will be no more Dior outfits for other actresses to wear.

Or will be completely sick of Dior in the red carpet.

• kate November 15, 2013 at 20:03 #

*too strict

21. Marta November 14, 2013 at 20:10 #

I still want more from her.
    Maybe I like her too much?

22. Rebecca Z November 14, 2013 at 20:21 #

It is a pretty dress that looks great on her. The shoes are perfect, her makeup is perfect, the hair I am not wild about, but she is working it. Even so, this is not spectacular. I wish someone would tell her to get her hands off her hips.

23. Malinda Jane November 14, 2013 at 20:22 #

This is much better, but it’s not great. She looks really pretty but she deserves so much more. She’s just so fun and vibrant and goofy and she needs looks that reflect it more! Everything they’ve had her in is so stuffy.
    You can be fun and elegant at the same time, this is just stale.

24. Noemi November 14, 2013 at 20:36 #

I’m not crazy about the color and I think it’s not particularly flattering on her, but she looks very cute.

25. Dhppy November 14, 2013 at 21:05 #

I’m a little bored. She and Dior are not suited to each other.

26. sara November 14, 2013 at 21:10 #

I really like this, she looks great. Another reader previously listed this gown as what she should have worn before I believe, and I’m glad to see it happened!

27. Pablo November 14, 2013 at 21:40 #

I’ll have to admit it’s probably the best Jen-Dior combo so far.
    But I guess I’m so tired of that combo that I can’t fully appreciate it.
    And the random sequins on the skirt bother me… Ugh.

28. Nuria November 14, 2013 at 22:01 #

Poor girl!!! I hated, This gays designers make ugly clothes on porpose to make women look ugly so they get more men! I’m sure not even Jennifer liked it, Dior is becoming really weak since they changed the designer, i’m so tired of those ugly boring and unusable clothes Dior has been doing!

29. amy November 14, 2013 at 22:30 #

she looks great. I really like this look

30. Prudence November 14, 2013 at 22:39 #

lordy, I wanna like this but I cant yall.
    1) that color is just not right for her or any other white person in general
    2) wtf is that random shiny thing? was Raf out of his mind or what
    3) once again the hair is aging, she needs to grow that back asap or find herself a better stylist
    4) how long does this Dior contract last? cause this poor girl was clearly forced into it, she looks so uncomfortable in all her Dior outings.

31. Nadia November 14, 2013 at 23:15 #

I love it, but i’am bious about everything Dior. She has worn the gown during a shoot though.

32. Ella November 14, 2013 at 23:37 #

I still love Dior and even though J.Law to me isn’t great with Dior and I think that is nice I I would die if she stepped out in Dior by Galliano! It would be amazing

33. cherrysoftness November 15, 2013 at 01:23 #

I half-expected the sequin circle to be the Hunger Games logo haha. This time around I did like this, it does make her look more alive and vibrant than her other looks. She actually looks happy to be wearing this gown.

34. jas November 15, 2013 at 02:14 #

who cares if it’s dior or not? she definitely pulls it off. she looks so elegant – and the colour comes across as a pale yellow?? anyway, very refreshing. love her.

35. lahlaaa November 15, 2013 at 05:17 #

she wore this same gown in during her photoshoot for the december issue of instyle. it’s nice here, but not amazing

36. bijuk November 15, 2013 at 05:26 #

by far this is her best look during this promo tour. she looks flawless here!

37. vina November 15, 2013 at 06:02 #

i like her hand cuff thing (on her right hand), want to own it.
    Anyone know where to buy something like that?
    I guess it will be a trend. hope so.

38. kane November 15, 2013 at 09:30 #

Now bed linen with some random mark on the skirt? No, thank you. On the upside, the hair doesn’t bother me.

39. Leo November 15, 2013 at 12:26 #

Another day, another Dior mess. This feels heavy, and once again the construction looks bad. Always amazing how Raf Simons sloppy designs can make skilled couture seamstress’ work look bad. The front looks overworked. Terrible.

40. Alex V November 15, 2013 at 17:37 #

I think it’s not flattering her bust at all, it looks kinda big or maybe it’s too low.

41. irving cares November 17, 2013 at 18:54 #

Sorry, I just find her and her “fashion” to be SO BORING!