05.07.13 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At Couture Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At Couture Week

Two ladies stood head and shoulders above all the fashionistas in the front row of Haute Couture fashion week: Miroslava Duma and Pace Wu.

The petite Russian fashion editor gave us an array of colourful looks ranging from a mini dress from Camilla and Marc, to a colourful Dior frock, denim shorts paired with a smart Chanel jacket, a sexy Jason Wu two-piece look, a flirty floral frock, and a sophisticated Fendi ensemble.

Pace Wu kept to a very neutral colour palette during the week, wearing white or nude frocks, starting with a fairytale-like Giambattista Valli strapless Couture gown and progressing through a ladylike Ulyana Sergeenko Couture frock, a one-shoulder Lanvin dress, a sheer Elie Saab dress and a ruffled Viktor & Rolf gown. The only other colour she opted for was a blue Ulyana Sergeenko gown with a familiar neckline.

Looking back, I love the variety of colour and the daring looks displayed by Miroslava, so she takes the crown for Couture Week Queen.

Whose looks did you prefer?

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana's Christian Louboutin Geo 100 Studded Suede Pumps

Zoe Saldana’s Christian Louboutin Geo 100 Studded Suede Pumps

Pixie Geldof In House of Holland  - Fashion Rules Exhibition

Pixie Geldof In House of Holland – Fashion Rules Exhibition

12 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At Couture Week?

1. Mick July 5, 2013 at 10:05 #

Pace Wu’s looks were very elegant and classy, but I definitely prefer Mira Duma’s more edgy style that never feels try-hard, so she’s the queen of couture week for me

2. Mandy July 5, 2013 at 10:09 #

I think there are many other women from couture week that deserved to be on this list, however, i prefer Pace’s week to Miroslava’s.

3. Alina July 5, 2013 at 10:49 #

Miroslava because she took some risks.

4. Martin July 5, 2013 at 11:04 #

Pace Wu, all the way. I appreciate the risks that Miroslava took and her embrace of different colours and silhouettes, but too often they tended towards the wacky for me. Pace, on the other hand, was the very picture of elegance and poise. Each of her looks were flawlessly styled and although they mostly stuck within a neutral palette, she was able to pull them off exquisitely.

• dee July 5, 2013 at 13:51 #

I totally agree.

5. Delta July 5, 2013 at 13:38 #

You got to be kidding.

6. Jolene July 5, 2013 at 15:30 #

Pace Wu reached the climax in the art of dressing with the Lanvin beige number. It is very difficult to top that.

7. Yeliz July 5, 2013 at 16:27 #

Miroslava, because I loved the variety of her looks and they suit more to my own style. That said, Pace was equally good as Mira. Her looks were very chic and lovely with the Valli look being my favourite.

8. KatieKate July 5, 2013 at 18:39 #

This was a tough call-kind of like comparing apples and oranges, as they’re so very different. I loved them both very much, and Pace actually had my fave look with the off-white Ulyana Sergeenko, but I ended up voting for Mira b/c I really gravitate toward color, and b/c her looks were so varied. So close!

9. Nat39 July 5, 2013 at 19:08 #

Pace Wu easily. When I look at the bottom row I can potentially choose 3-4 looks (the first two being the strongest) that would be good enough for a BDOTW poll whereas I can only choose one look from Miroslava (the 2nd one), not a bad job for her overall but not that great either.

• Nat39 July 5, 2013 at 19:43 #

On the side note, Miroslava needed that tri-colour cube clutch (that she carried for her last look) to go with her 2nd Dior – that black bag is way too harsh and out of place.

• KatieKate July 6, 2013 at 00:06 #

I honestly didn’t mind the black bag, as it was smaller and it matches the black straps on the dress.