04.07.13

Fendi Opening Party & ‘The Glory Of Water’, Karl Lagerfeld’s Exhibition Preview

Fendi Opening Party & 'The Glory Of Water', Karl Lagerfeld's Exhibition Preview

Fendi held a party on Avenue Montaigne in Paris, France to celebrate the opening of a new store, which was followed by ‘The Glory Of Water’, Karl Lagerfeld’s exhibition preview yesterday evening.

Miroslava Duma: The fashion editor, who had attended the Elie Saab and Valentino shows earlier in the day, showed the brand some love by wearing brown leather culottes from their Spring 2013 collection with a taupe sleeveless silk top and strappy sandals. I love the addition of the quirky Fendi tri-colour cube clutch to add a fun talking-point piece to her sophisticated look. A hot-red lip colour and her favourite necklace provided the finishing touches.

Naomie Harris: Opting for a sculptural Fendi frock, the British actress donned a white texturized sleeveless dress with a central slit and peplum detail. Continuing her love for ankle boots, which I first noticed during her ‘Skyfall’ promo tour, she wore black Fendi patent-leather peep-toes with a white rubber pyramid-spiked heel, with a black Edie Parker ‘Jean’ clutch completing her look. Naomi has pretty much stuck to a black-and-white colour palette while attending events during Couture Week. Is it starting to get stale for you? I do not like anything here. The dress is too fussy and the shoes just don’t work.

Credit: Getty

Further Mark Downs In The Net-A-Porter International Sale

Further Mark Downs In The Net-A-Porter International Sale

Kristen Stewart In Zuhair Murad Couture - Zuhair Murad Fall 2013 Couture Show

Kristen Stewart In Zuhair Murad Couture – Zuhair Murad Fall 2013 Couture Show

13 Responses to Fendi Opening Party & ‘The Glory Of Water’, Karl Lagerfeld’s Exhibition Preview

1. Valeria July 4, 2013 at 15:00 #

Culottes should not exist-they don’t flatter any woman! I really like Naomi Harris’s look, it’s clean but not boring

• Denise July 5, 2013 at 06:28 #

Agree on all points.

2. CreoleLady July 4, 2013 at 15:04 #

Love Duma’s look. The colors, proportions, that cute bag, the shoes (drool), all working for me. Can’t believe I’m liking culottes, esp brown leather (for spring?!). As for Harris, I like her look. But yeah, I am bored with black/white looks — on everyone.

3. Jolene July 4, 2013 at 15:27 #

Duma looks fantastic. I love culottes and find them very flattering if you pair them with the right shoes and tops.

4. Elle July 4, 2013 at 15:44 #

Up until this post, I was of the opinion that culottes should not have existed – Miroslava made me change my mind! She’s totally working this look!

5. KatieKate July 4, 2013 at 15:54 #

Love them or hate them, culottes were ubiquitous in the resort collections, meaning they’re here to stay, at least until this time next year….

I think Mira looks lovely. Culottes are all about proportion, and she has nailed it with the minimal top and spiky heels. Also, they are tailored just right. I adore the cube clutch-Fendi makes some of my all-time favorite accessories.

• KatieKate July 4, 2013 at 15:56 #

I failed to mention that I actually like Naomie’s look. I typically dislike booties, especially with pretty dresses, but somehow this looks spot on. I love her hair, I think she looks perfectly polished. I am surprised to see that you don’t care for this look, FC.

6. Yeliz July 4, 2013 at 18:26 #

I don’t like culottes, but Mira is making them work. I like her look. Naomie looks nice.

7. Nat39 July 4, 2013 at 20:00 #

I like the dress on Naomi, but not her black accessories. Miroslava’s clutch is random, and those leather culottes are so ugly in that brown leather.

• Marybeth July 4, 2013 at 20:25 #

Agree on both Naomie and Miroslava.

I actually like culottes if the proportions are right but I don’t think doing them in leather (other than perhaps a soft suede) works. These muddy brown ones remind me of a cheap vinyl sofa.

8. Christine July 5, 2013 at 02:42 #

Naomie looks nice apart from the shoes.

9. snowlion July 5, 2013 at 12:13 #

I really don’t understand this short, wide pant thing that seems to be springing up like ugly weeds :-/

• lola July 13, 2013 at 00:43 #