Diane Kruger In Nina Ricci – 2013 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

Diane Kruger In Nina Ricci - 2013 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

Diane Kruger attended the 2013 Critics’ Choice Television Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California on Monday evening.

Like Amy Adams, the German actress also selected a black strapless gown from the Nina Ricci Fall 2013 collection.

Diane’s had a touch more sex appeal, featuring a lace bodice with a central-slit bustle at the rear.

She also added a red accent to her look, opting for red Manolo Blahnik pumps to match her red lip colour.

If I had to choose between Amy’s dress and Diane’s, I would go for Amy’s as I’m not really that fond of the ankle length of Diane’s gown. I prefer the length on the runway.

A Jason Wu gold clutch and retro wavy locks completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Amy Adams In Nina Ricci - 'Man of Steel' World Premiere

Amy Adams In Nina Ricci – ‘Man of Steel’ World Premiere

Henry Cavill In Tom Ford - ‘Man of Steel’ World Premiere

Henry Cavill In Tom Ford – ‘Man of Steel’ World Premiere

19 Responses to Diane Kruger In Nina Ricci – 2013 Critics’ Choice Television Awards

1. Charlotte June 11, 2013 at 10:26 #

The dress is lovely but I prefer the length on the runwat too. I wish she had wore her hair up, it would have been better.

• Ariel June 11, 2013 at 10:32 #

I prefer the runway version. The top on Diane is too high and her hair is awful. She looks somehow tired or sad which doesn t help her pulling off this great dress.

2. naomie June 11, 2013 at 10:28 #

The had a lot of potential, but the execution is problematic.
    I love the sweetheart neckline, but not the triangles which invade it in a very odd manner.
    The fabric of the skirt seems so heavy and even a bit cheap.
    Her hair and make-up a lovely but it’s a shame that her shoes disappear on the red carpet.

3. Yeliz June 11, 2013 at 10:39 #

The bodice looks kinda awkward on her and makes her bust area look very wide. I like the hair, the makeup, the shoes and the clutch, but not the length of the dress. I prefer Amy’s gown too.

4. Jai June 11, 2013 at 10:43 #

I would love this if the top half fitted her better. As it is, there’s way too much material and it looks strange. It’s a shame b/c it’s so old Hollywood, could have been fantastic. I like the length – I’m always puzzled why people have a problem with ankle length – I think it’s very elegant and refreshing.

5. Alicat June 11, 2013 at 10:47 #

The silhouette looks odd. The bodice fits too high and looks wide. The ankle length makes the gown look chopped off. It ruins the line of the skirt. I much prefer the runway interpretation.

6. Jolene June 11, 2013 at 12:19 #

She looks perfect in every single detail. I much prefer the lenght on her than the runway. Make up. hair and accessories well chosen. Love ever bit of it.

7. AnderBoBo June 11, 2013 at 13:04 #

I loved everything about this look until I scrolled down and saw the length, also not a fan. It’s a shame her shoes are totally blending into the red carpet as well.

8. TeaAtTwo June 11, 2013 at 13:41 #

I think she looks really great. I much prefer how the bustier sits on her over the model and it gives her a great hourglass shape. I also like the length, it shows off the shoes and is a nice change to floor length. Plus given most attendees weren’t wearing gowns this was a smart compromise.

9. Christine June 11, 2013 at 14:11 #

Not liking this look.

10. kane June 11, 2013 at 15:09 #

Sorry, but Diane wasn’t even playing in the same league as Amy that night. Miss for me.

11. Moxie June 11, 2013 at 15:21 #

The length is all wrong. Either a little shorter or a little longer would have worked much better.

12. Chloe June 11, 2013 at 16:29 #

I love this. Only Diane could rock the hell out of this dress. Adore the neckline

13. Anj June 11, 2013 at 17:01 #

This looks like a Dita von Teese knock-off. I also don’t like how cheap the skirt looks or how the shoes blend into the carpet. I partly blame the designer for making this but I blame her more for choosing it.

14. Rebecca Z June 11, 2013 at 17:47 #

She looks good, but no competition for Amy. I, too, wish the dress were longer. proportions are off.

15. Lyvm June 11, 2013 at 18:05 #

I’ve never noticed how broad her shoulders were until now, and i think it’s because the cut of this dress not to mention the length is unflattering. I adore the veronica lake style hair and make up though. Not sure about those shoes either.

16. Dhppy June 11, 2013 at 20:20 #

Hello! This is awesome! Yes, she should have left the runway hemline in tact, but I bet it’s a bear to walk in without tripping over, so sometimes practicality wins out. Nevertheless, she looks stunning!

17. Noemi June 12, 2013 at 14:04 #

The runway version is definitely better. Hers is quite unflattering, if “unflattering” and “Diane Kruger” can be used in the same sentence.

18. EmmaWoodhouse June 14, 2013 at 16:27 #

I don’t like this dress. It’s too boudoir for my taste. Her styling is nice.