Salma Hayek In Bottega Veneta - 'Fondazione Cini, Isola Di San Giorgio' Dinner Party

Salma Hayek attended the ‘Fondazione Cini, Isola Di San Giorgio’ dinner party held during the 2013 Venice Biennale in Italy yesterday evening, just as the sun was setting on the city.

Opting to wear all black, the Mexican actress wore a Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2013 long-sleeved part-pleather, part-leather knee-length dress, which features a subtle jewelled waistband.

Adding yet more bling to her look, Salma wore a Boucheron ‘Angelique’ white-gold necklace – which, if we didn’t know better, we would believe was part of the dress – and a ‘Khepri’ bracelet watch by the same jeweller, also in white gold set with diamonds and obsidian.

As you know I’m not a fan of black pumps, but I find myself liking how her Saint Laurent pair work rather nicely with this look along with her Bottega Veneta ‘Ayers’ clutch.

A half-up, half-down bouffant hairstyle completed her sexy look.

Do the pumps work for you, or do you wish Salma had incorporated some colour into this look?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

'After Earth' New York Premiere

‘After Earth’ New York Premiere

Rose Byrne In Emilio Pucci - 'The Internship' LA Premiere

Rose Byrne In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Internship’ LA Premiere

24 Responses to Salma Hayek In Bottega Veneta – ‘Fondazione Cini, Isola Di San Giorgio’ Dinner Party

1. Rashmi May 30, 2013 at 10:35 #

I like it down till the shoes! She looks great!

Oh and you guessed it right about the necklace, I was thinking it’s either a modified version or she is wearing something white beneath :D:D

2. Nat May 30, 2013 at 10:56 #

Hey look, it’s trash bag couture!

Seriously, what an horrible dress. She wears it better than the model, I’d give her that, though.
    The shoes are beyond boring.

3. Yeliz May 30, 2013 at 11:24 #

Unfortunately, I don’t like the black pumps on this occasion either. She looks great from the ankles up. The dress looks much better on her than on the model.

• Christine May 30, 2013 at 15:28 #

She is working this dress. Agreed.

4. noo May 30, 2013 at 11:42 #

she makes that dress work far better than the model, i don’t even mind the shoes. but that hair is so wrong!!!

5. Sherrie Golden May 30, 2013 at 11:45 #

I think Selma looks great. The shoes and dress are a perfect combination. Nice dress!

6. Molly May 30, 2013 at 12:07 #

She’s going to a dinner party, not a premiere or press event. I am sure she outshone the other attendees. I think she looks glamourous and appropriate, and the leather gives the look some interest, as does the necklace.

• Fiona-Brasil May 30, 2013 at 12:29 #

• SilentVisitor May 30, 2013 at 13:47 #

How do you know that? Were you there? Or is it just a fan talking?
      Anyway, not a bad look; We have seen worst from her

• Rebecca Z May 30, 2013 at 14:33 #

Says dinner party right up at the top of the post.

• SilentVisitor May 30, 2013 at 17:15 #

The Original poster claimed that “she outshone ….”. My question was obviously about whether the OP was there to confirm such a statement…..

• Mari May 31, 2013 at 04:56 #

She said she was shure that Salma, not that she actually did.
            I actually followed the link that FC gives in the picture and itntakes you to see more pics of her. I searched a bit and found other images of the stylish atendees. Salma is not looking too shabby.
            About the shoes, I tend to think she will stick with these type f shoes because they give her more heightand are not too loud. I would not weard them. But I am tall and Salma is a shortie.
            I think she once said that if it werent for her high heels, she would still live in her hometown, and she would be married and with a bunch of children. It was a funny quote.

• Fashion Guru May 31, 2013 at 05:22 #

..hence the “I am sure” was placed before the statement to infer the possibility that it may have happened whether or not the commentator in question attended the [who cares] event.

7. LOLA May 30, 2013 at 13:07 #

This woman has free designers clothes from the some of the best and luxurious fashion houses of the world but she can’t dress.

There is always something wrong with her Redcarpet look.

• Alicat May 30, 2013 at 13:44 #

+1 She does not have an innate sense of style. That is what’s missing.

• Lashae May 31, 2013 at 05:32 #

8. dee May 30, 2013 at 14:07 #

I don’t mind her wearing black pumps but I don’t like the shoes she has on. Other than that I really like her look.

9. Rebecca Z May 30, 2013 at 14:36 #

She looks classy and chic in my opinion,even wearing plether. That necklace is to die for. I am not a big fan of the current craze for this type of structured hair on top of the head–don’t love it on Salma and I wasn’t wild about it on Nicole Kidman last week either. It is a little too much like the helmet hair-styles of the 60’s. That said, she is so beautiful, it doesn’t detract much.

10. MissCru May 30, 2013 at 15:02 #

I think is spring in Italy, right?

11. Marybeth May 30, 2013 at 15:21 #

Simple black pumps would be great with this dress. Black horse hooves, not so much. (When will those things just go away?!?)

• Fashion Guru May 31, 2013 at 04:50 #

Umm…the day they stop making short people and strippers.

12. Fashion Guru May 31, 2013 at 04:54 #

She is a short, voluptuous, busty lady wearing a tight leather dress. She could have easily looked like a burrito — but she doesn’t. She looks chic and quite sexy — without revealing much. Well done Salmita!

13. Ariel May 31, 2013 at 10:48 #

For me it s a NO. A tight black leather dress is not a high class. Awful shoes and ridiculous hair.

14. EmmaWoodhouse June 7, 2013 at 20:53 #

Hate the dress and shoes. The dress is so cheap looking.