Kristin Scott Thomas In Lanvin – ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Kristin Scott Thomas In Lanvin - ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Kristin Scott Thomas wore her second Lanvin look in a row at the Cannes Film Festival premiere for ‘The Immigrant’ held at Palais des Festivals in France this evening.

The British/French actress selected a slate-grey strapless frock with a butterfly print from the Fall 2013 collection.

I’m failing to get excited about this look for a Cannes red carpet, but this was Marion Cotillard’s night so going for anything too grand might have been something Kristin wanted to avoid.

Black bow front satin pumps and a gold clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

14 Responses to Kristin Scott Thomas In Lanvin – ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Charlotte May 24, 2013 at 20:11 #

I’m not too fond of the dress and her stylist is not great.

• Prudence May 24, 2013 at 21:49 #

ditto

2. Yeliz May 24, 2013 at 20:26 #

She does look very nice, but this is not enough for Cannes, even if it’s not her night.

• Christine May 25, 2013 at 03:05 #

3. leeann May 24, 2013 at 20:45 #

Cool soccer mom look with bad shoes

4. kane May 24, 2013 at 21:07 #

Hmmmm, no.

My first impression was “glad she didn’t go with the gloves and if the pumps needed to be black, they should definitely have been simple, slim ones” but by the time I had opened the comments section I actually don’t like this at all anymore. It’s very unflattering around the hips section. She also doesn’t feel too comfortable in it, being fussy about the fit in many pictures. Sorry, Kristin.

5. dee May 24, 2013 at 21:27 #

Not enough drama.

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2013 at 21:56 #

Cute *photocall* look–I like the butterflies. But the style is way too casual for a premiere.

• KatieKate May 24, 2013 at 23:59 #

7. Sashaqueenie May 25, 2013 at 02:02 #

OMGoodness! Words cannot describe the horror I felt upon seeing this dumpy woman in front of my computer screen and then, realising it’s Kristen Scott Thomas! What the hell happened? The silhouette is all wrong. The hemline cut her legs off at the wrong place and she looks shorter! This dress is not flattering on her at all. For a Cannes Red Carpet Dress, this is a major fail.

8. Alicat May 25, 2013 at 02:17 #

This is a frumpy, dumpy look on Kristen. It is not at all flattering, especially across the hips. But if one looks at the runway shot, even the model looks extraordinarily broad across the beam. It must be the cut of the dress. Kristin’s shoes are an improvement on the ugly, flat brogues worn by the model, but they are still too heavy for this dress.

9. Katharine May 25, 2013 at 05:49 #

I think this would have looked better as a long dress for a premiere red carpet event – but kudos to Kristin Scott Thomas for more persuasive styling and general panache than the model anyway.

10. Ariel May 25, 2013 at 12:50 #

Another fashion failure from Kristin. She needs a stylist, urgently!

11. DebrA November 15, 2013 at 19:32 #

I’m assuming those of you who negatively critiqued Kristin Scott Thomas’ dress for this event, have at least viewed different pics of she wearing it.
    But probably not. The above photo was not the shot that I saw first, it’s def not a good shot especially in comparison to the sleek runway beauty of a model. All in all, the lady has some serious good taste and a good eye for dressing herself . As far as “w0w!” factor goes…I think it’s not appreciated enough when a woman who’s a celebrity attends these events while advanced knowing they aren’t the main attraction and confidently accepts that, has a good time with that, most importantly, dresses herself “in that”. I think it ridiculous when you see those over dressed woman trying to attract attention. That pretty much applys everywhere.