Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior -  'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard took to the red carpet wearing Dior, as expected, to the ‘Blood Ties’ premiere during the Cannes Film Festival held at the Palais des Festivals in France this evening.

The Dior Resort 2014 presentation had just taken place on Saturday, and Marion is the second person to wear a look from this collection as Princess Charlene of Monaco was the first.

Their looks are very similar as both selected looks with multi-coloured panels; however, Marion’s was pleated and strapless, opting to keep the neckline bare; sweeping her hair into an elaborate updo.

Chopard jewels and Dior black pumps completed her look.

Did you call it? Was this the look you picked for Marion for tonight’s premiere?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Zoe Saldana In Valentino - 'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Valentino – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

58 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Godiva May 20, 2013 at 19:21 #

I don’t like it at all, esp. with the hair! The hair is way too “serious” for the dress.

2. Sarah May 20, 2013 at 19:22 #

Is anyone else growing tired of seeing her in high-low gowns? It seems she’s ALWAYS wearing them. And her matronly hairstyle doesn’t seem fitting for this dress.

• Prudence May 20, 2013 at 21:02 #

I am!!!!! This is not good at all and that hair….lord have mercy

3. GGG May 20, 2013 at 19:22 #

J’adore!!! Love the big hair – very 60′s mod, which correlates well to the colorblocking. I LOVE IT!

• noo May 20, 2013 at 19:28 #

I love it too!

• Paulyne May 20, 2013 at 19:34 #

I LOVE IT TOO ! She wins over Zoe for me !

• DSI May 20, 2013 at 19:44 #

+1 Suits her so well!

• Francesca May 20, 2013 at 21:07 #

I agree! The dress and the hair may be labeled as mismatched by some, but I’m loving the combo. Adds some quirkiness to her look. Definitely more than I expected from her.

• Lisa May 21, 2013 at 00:13 #

I love it too, including the hair!

4. Ruff May 20, 2013 at 19:22 #

The dress in tolerable but LMFAO her hair is really bad, it ages her a lot.

5. Alina May 20, 2013 at 19:23 #

Works for her.

• Christine May 21, 2013 at 03:02 #

She looks great! I like this on her.

6. Yeliz May 20, 2013 at 19:24 #

This was definitely not what I’ve picked for tonight. The dress is way too casual for a Cannes premiere. The hair is appropriate for Cannes, but has nothing to do with this dress. Seriously, the dress and the hair are two very different things.

• Shiva May 20, 2013 at 19:29 #

my thoughts EXACTLY

• Nat39 May 20, 2013 at 19:43 #

Def. feels too casual, and her attempt to glam it up with that updo and the jewels looks quite ridiculous.

• kane May 20, 2013 at 19:48 #

I tend to agree. I like the dress, would have loved to see it with the shoes from the runway, but the hair seems to imply that they were aware it’s not quite the dress for the occasion.

• Marybeth May 20, 2013 at 19:49 #

Absolutely! The hair and diamonds simply do not go with the dress. The incompatibility is just awful.

If she had worn her hair down, as she did for her recent photocall, it would be a wonderful look. Too casual for the Cannes red carpet, to be sure, but still great.

• gabis May 20, 2013 at 19:52 #

Agree. I love the dress but it’s not working at all. Like I said on another post, their choices for Marion are usually quite poor. At least this year it has been.
      This is absolutely nothing compared to how absolutely stunning she was last year. I guess they’re trying to focus on Jennifer Lawrence this year.

7. Nat39 May 20, 2013 at 19:25 #

Plain, underwhelming, this is not a memorable standout look I was hoping to see, I´m disappointed.

8. Tooba May 20, 2013 at 19:26 #

I LOVE it! love the hair, and the dress!

• elena May 21, 2013 at 06:12 #

+1 love it

9. Jennifer May 20, 2013 at 19:27 #

I think it’s really funny that the ladies who’ve worn Dior best and most appropriately at the festival so far (Nicole Kidman and Carey Mulligan) aren’t actual faces of the brand.

I like this, but not for a premiere. This would’ve been great for a party.

10. Lu May 20, 2013 at 19:29 #

I really like the dress, but the hair looks terrible IMO.

• Beta May 21, 2013 at 07:55 #

+1 love the dress but the hair is terrible

11. dee May 20, 2013 at 19:33 #

It seems like she tried to make this look more dressy with the jewelry and updo but this is just not a spectacular dress to begin with.

12. Papiki May 20, 2013 at 19:34 #

It’s just ok! Nothing special! She has one more premiere to go to during the festival, if I’m not mistaken, hopefully she will wow there!

13. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 19:35 #

I am underwhelmed. That 60′s prom hair is atrocious.

14. Tiger Nueng May 20, 2013 at 19:35 #

I love the colour but it will be better if the dressed is long more than this.

15. MaddyEliza May 20, 2013 at 19:38 #

Ugh, resort? Really? If she had to wear Dior couldn’t she have at least worn couture? :( very disappointed.

• Paulyne May 20, 2013 at 20:04 #

I think she make the right choice ! The film is not in competiton, she has a small part in the film and i think she was more her as a +1 for Guillaume than an actress of the film! It’s Guillaume’s second time at Cannes ( which is a shame) and i saw the livestream and she has tears in her eyes when she talked to him , she was proud of him ! She was not hte center of attention tongiht!
      However , Friday night is the premeir of ‘The Immigrants’ and she has a leading role and it’s on competition so i’m sure she is saving the big gown/couture gown for Friday!

16. Nat May 20, 2013 at 19:39 #

The hair ruined the look for me.

17. Dhppy May 20, 2013 at 19:43 #

I love this! I absolutely love this head to toe. I like the retro 60s glam look of the hair, the jewels and the print mixed with contemporary cut of it. This is thrilling and daring and different! It’s an absolute hit for me.

• Tooba May 20, 2013 at 19:53 #

Ditto!

18. Jai May 20, 2013 at 19:45 #

I love it. It’s a wow moment for me. The hair is so Cannes, so French, so fun but chic. And the dress is wonderful. Only Marion could pull this off. Adore!

19. Kathy May 20, 2013 at 19:57 #

The colorblocking is nice, but there’s not much of a “wow” factor here. I don’t like her clownish hair, it doesn’t make sense with the dress. Not Cannes material.

20. Charlotte May 20, 2013 at 20:15 #

enough with Dior ! I think none of the dress we have seen until now were great and flaterring. This one is totally ordinary and the hairstyle is awful.
    I can’t remember the last good look for Marion, but I’m sure it wasn’t Dior.

21. Rebecca Z May 20, 2013 at 20:16 #

Meh. Not loving her hair either. Perhaps Paulyne’s explanation is accurate, but she is a big name with a big fashion rep and this is hardly a fade into the background dress. It’s just a bad dress.

22. Kaylie May 20, 2013 at 20:33 #

That hairstyle does NOT go with this dress. I’ve never seen a hair/dress mismatch so jarring before.

23. Amy May 20, 2013 at 21:32 #

I like the dress. Obviously it wasn’t her premiere so she kept it cool. However the hair choice is just questionable

24. Ben May 20, 2013 at 21:38 #

LOVE IT

25. Pablo May 20, 2013 at 21:58 #

This was all I needed to confirm I’m over the Cotillard-Dior combo. I’m sorry but I have very scarcely been in love with a look from Marion since I don’t know when. And don’t even get me started on that hair.

26. Aline May 20, 2013 at 22:13 #

I have yet to check the resort collection, but this dress is very interesting and pretty. But, as others have said, too casual for Cannes.
    The 60s haistyle is aging and doesn’t go with the dress. Had this been a photocall and had she worn her hair down, it would’ve been a winning look for me.

I can’t say I’m disappointed, though, ’cause I have long stopped expecting much from Marion.

27. anna May 20, 2013 at 22:29 #

I didn’t know who could pull off that dress but Marion has done so. I would hate the hair with any other outfit but it works with the whole look.

28. Betelgeuze May 21, 2013 at 00:06 #

Let me just say this: oh my god no.
    First off, that dress is pretty, but so Dior. I don’t dislike the brand or collections or Raf Simons or anything, it’s just that I’ve seen SO many Dior lately my teeth screetch every time I see another.
    Second: the hair, makeup and jewels. Really? It’s so 60′s, but not in the classic American way, but the exact style I’ve seen in Czech Comunism-rise dramas. You’d have to see the movie, but it’s true. Just – no. It’s so out of place with this Warhol-like gown.

29. Sharon May 21, 2013 at 00:15 #

Probably because I had a wonderful time as a teenager in the 60s, this dress evokes fond memories and I love it. I love everything about Marion’s look, from head to toe.

30. Alicat May 21, 2013 at 00:48 #

She certainly loves the high low hemline. The dress is quite subdued, but if the focus was on her partner and she was not the star, then it is understandable she did not go all out. She looks lovely and the dress fits beautifully. I am on the fence with the beehive hairdo.

31. Poppy May 21, 2013 at 01:15 #

I think she looks beautiful.

32. Angela May 21, 2013 at 02:31 #

I love the contemporary dress and the 60′s vibe from the hair and jewels perfectly complements it. I dont know why it works, it just does, and I’m so happy for it.

33. Pedro May 21, 2013 at 04:37 #

She looks amazing!

Love the hair and the dress

34. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2013 at 04:40 #

Zoe wins but I am pleased with this look. The stripes are much more harmonious than Charlene’s were, and Marion adds her French flair with the great beehive. I would hike up the dress a little, and maybe add a black skinny belt–but I do like and it’s interesting for sure.

35. the ogre May 21, 2013 at 06:37 #

Ok…I’m so disappointed that I’m not gonna write more.

36. ash May 21, 2013 at 10:04 #

I love her hair and makeup, but I just wish that she could not wear Dior for once…To many dejavu’s.

37. Noemi May 21, 2013 at 10:16 #

A beautiful dress ruined, as often happens when it comes to her, by the ugly styling. The hair is simply awful, and not right at all for the fresh dress, i don’t even like the jewelry.

38. isik5 May 21, 2013 at 11:14 #

I’m 99% sure that Dior was inspired by a Moorish Idol Fish while designing that dress :)(Like Gill from Finding Nemo)I really like it! It has a fresh look and looks good on Marion :)

39. Jess2 May 21, 2013 at 13:40 #

There is too much of a disconnect between the hair and dress. Surprisingly I like the dress but it isn’t right for Cannes. Her styling is serious retro glam which I love but the dress is not, not to me anyway. Initially I was disappointed but I think the look is slowly growing on me.

40. D May 21, 2013 at 19:04 #

i love this dress but wish the earrings would be blue

41. Reez May 22, 2013 at 09:28 #