Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior - 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Jennifer Lawrence kick started, what I hope will be another epic promo tour for ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ this afternoon, by attending a photocall for the anticipated movie during Cannes Film Festival.

The actress of course wore Dior, but I don’t find myself hitting the snooze button on this look from the Fall 2013 collection.

Her mostly all-black look features a wool crochet bustier with a slightly deflated ruffled detail and smart tapered pants.

The coral pumps are what really save this look and I’m delighted that her hair and makeup are flawless.

We all know she’s going to wear Dior tonight; so which look would you like to see her wear?

Carina Lau In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Bends’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Carina Lau In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Bends’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Blake Lively's Casadei Pumps

Blake Lively’s Casadei Pumps

30 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. noo May 18, 2013 at 16:07 #

i hope she wears a custom look because these work best for her, but if i had to pick a runway look i’d say look 45 from the last couture collection

2. Yeliz May 18, 2013 at 16:08 #

She looks nice, but a bit on the boring side.

I would love to see her wearing Look 34 or 45 from the Spring 2013 Couture collection tonight.

3. Fashion Lover May 18, 2013 at 16:10 #

The trousers could’ve been a couple of inches shorter, but I still don’t like this. The middle looks like one of those life rings in a swimming pool, just a frilly couture one! But she looks lovely neck up.

4. Clara May 18, 2013 at 16:12 #

Hair and make-up are great….but I just don’t think she pulls this off at all. It looks horribly unflattering. It could just be her pose, but something isn’t working here. And I don’t like the pant length on her either, especially when you see how nice it looks when it hits the ankle like on the model.

5. Maria Luiza Maia May 18, 2013 at 16:16 #

I think she look very unconfortable.

• Maria Luiza Maia May 18, 2013 at 16:17 #

looks*

6. DSI May 18, 2013 at 16:19 #

It does hit snoozeville for me! Wish she had dabbed on some coral lip color as well!

• Prudence May 18, 2013 at 18:43 #

amen. I am bored. This dior + lawrence collab must end.

7. Noemi May 18, 2013 at 16:23 #

I would like to see this one

I would have liked this one if the pants were skinnier.

• Roosje May 18, 2013 at 17:36 #

My thoughts exactly, a skinny peg pant which hit the ankle would have really elevated this look

8. Francois Bresmal May 18, 2013 at 16:26 #

So unflattering! I hope she wears look 8 or 40 of the Spring Summer 2013 Couture collection tonight *___*

9. Marybeth May 18, 2013 at 16:26 #

It’s just okay — though great from the neck up.

The pants should be cropped right above the ankle bone as they are on the runway. Those extra inches really bring the look down, despite her good shoe choice.

The top, with all of the fuss around the midriff, cannot flatter ANY figure, but she’s pulling it off well enough.

• Nat39 May 18, 2013 at 17:05 #

The length of the pants is what really bothers me as well, they are a bit too long, this brings the look down for me.

• Alina May 19, 2013 at 11:58 #

ITA.

10. Rashmi May 18, 2013 at 16:29 #

Love the coral pumps, it saves the look but still doesn’t bring out from the boring zone..

For today evening, I would really really want either the look 32 or 45!!

11. Christine May 18, 2013 at 16:35 #

This is not a bad look. I am actually surprised how much I like this look. Must be the shoes.

12. Jai May 18, 2013 at 16:38 #

This is not flattering.

13. justme May 18, 2013 at 17:04 #

This movie is opening at Cannes? LOL anyway…
    The pants are too long and it throws off the proportions imo.

• Derro May 18, 2013 at 17:32 #

It’s not opening, the film hasn’t completed post-production yet. The purpose of the party will be to celebrate the franchise’s success, to thank the investors and to also show footage of the film to international buyers.

• justme May 18, 2013 at 23:59 #

Oh thank you for the explanation, I was baffled.

14. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2013 at 17:26 #

The pants are boring office pants. The top is heinous–it makes her look pregnant. Hoping and praying for something better tonight.

15. Rebecca Z May 18, 2013 at 17:50 #

How interesting–I think she looks adorable, but I am clearly in the minority. Okay, the pants could have been a bit shorter and a bit more fitted, but the top is cute and playful and age appropriate for this lovely young woman. I looked at some of the other shots where you can actually see the midriff of the top more clearly and it is flattering and very cute on her. I like that she is a little informal and not dressed too seriously.

16. Ash May 18, 2013 at 18:13 #

from her pose to the whole look, just one word: NO.

17. malinda jane May 18, 2013 at 18:27 #

I can’t wait for this stint with Dior to END! They have been doing absolutely no favors for this girl. I don’t know if it’s Dior or her stylist but nothing they put her in ever seems to match her personality or be as good as what she deserves. Just lackluster.

18. Emma May 18, 2013 at 20:30 #

She is just 22 and looks older than she is with this clothes!

19. MillyMolly May 18, 2013 at 23:21 #

Not liking it, she looks awkward. I’m hoping for look 3 or 8.

20. Sherrie Golden May 19, 2013 at 01:22 #

She looks awful. She did not replicate the model. Why?

21. 6Wing May 19, 2013 at 03:16 #

I think it would’ve been better if the ruffles were not black.

22. Jess2 May 19, 2013 at 04:28 #

I really don’t like the top. The rest of the look is good though, love the shoes.