17.05.13

Fan Bingbing In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – Trophée Chopard

Fan Bingbing In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture - Trophée Chopard

Fan Bingbing joined Sonam Kapoor at the Trophee Chopard party yesterday evening during Cannes Film Festival and she wasn’t wearing Elie Saab, much to the delight of many of you.

She looked divine, wearing an ice-blue Ulyana Sergeenko Spring 2013 Couture gown; however, it was a case of been-there-already-done-that thanks to Zhang Yuqi at the opening ceremony.

While the gown is not exactly the same, the similarities are mostly focused on the bodice, with the same off-the-shoulder detail and plunging neckline.

What blows me away here are her stunning Chopard jewels and elegant braided updo, which seems to be her go-to style at the moment.

You say you’re bored with Fan Bingbing in Elie Saab and here she is wearing a similar gown worn just days after another actress; is Bingbing’s Queen-of-Cannes crown slipping?

Credit: Sina

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Eva Longoria In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'Le Passe' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Eva Longoria In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Le Passe’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

42 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – Trophée Chopard

1. Cineasta May 17, 2013 at 17:53 #

I just wonder one thing… When is she leaving Cannes? I’m tired of all these pretty L’Oreal girls…

• Catherine Kallon May 17, 2013 at 19:17 #

without them Cannes wouldn’t be what it is

• Natalie May 18, 2013 at 01:35 #

um, she has a movie to promote too, she has every year she’s been there

2. DSI May 17, 2013 at 17:54 #

Finally,she looks a bit different! Like this look–but yes, the crown is slipping–imo

• Christine May 17, 2013 at 19:06 #

Yep she is slipping. She looks non boring here.

3. Yeliz May 17, 2013 at 17:56 #

This reminds me too much of Zhang Yuqi’s look. And that plunging neckline looked much better on Zhang even though I really dislike that part at both of the gowns. What does look amazing is the colour on her, her stunning jewels and her updo. The clutch is too casual for the gown.

4. molly May 17, 2013 at 17:57 #

Im over her. She needs to shake it up, you can only wear so many of the same gown before you become a snoozfest.

5. Moxie May 17, 2013 at 18:02 #

I think this is stunning. Head to toe one of my favorite looks from her ever. The hair, the jewelry… perfection.

The bodice is the same as Zhang Yuqi, but the skirt is completely different. I prefer this skirt and love this color more than Zhang’s green.

• H May 17, 2013 at 18:37 #

+1. The skirt is completely different so sadly I cannot think we have seen it before, at least not like this.

• Prudence May 18, 2013 at 01:33 #

AGREED! i AM DYING HERE THIS IS ONE OF HER BEST LOOKS EVER, I DID NOT EVEN THINK OF YUQI AT ALL SHE HAS BEEN SLAYED BY FAN!! ONLY LOOK I AM DYING OVER SO FAR AT CANNES!

6. Rebecca Z May 17, 2013 at 18:02 #

I am no prude, but I find this gown too revealing–in both versions worn at Cannes. The bodice is not flattering to the bust–it shows more than is necessary and in a cartoonish way. Don’t understand the need for the bare lower back in this dress with all that cleavage. That said, she does looks gorgeous in this color and the jewels are to die for in a traditional sort of way.

7. Ruff May 17, 2013 at 18:02 #

3 gowns on a single night? LOL

She´s usually kind of tacky, and this blue thing is no exception.

• Lola May 17, 2013 at 18:19 #

+1 Me agree with you. Decide if you show the jewels… Or show off your cleavage… well some of it. This is truly bordeting on tacky…material girl…

8. Marybeth May 17, 2013 at 18:06 #

Too much boobage for my taste and I don’t like the clutch but otherwise stunning, gorgeous.
    I especially salute her for wearing a gown that is well suited to a display of Chopard jewels. (It never fails to amaze me how often stars go to jewelry events wearing fussy necklines when they know they will be modeling necklaces.)

• Alina May 17, 2013 at 18:34 #

ITA.

9. shap_half May 17, 2013 at 18:15 #

If you’re going to do a been-there-done-that dress, you better upstage whomever you’re going to be compared to. I think Fan Bingbing did that here. She has the drama with the hair and jewels, and she looks sexier than she usually does, which I approve of. Personally, I think she’s looked great at Cannes do far.

10. Nat39 May 17, 2013 at 18:22 #

The boobage is bad in both cases, but this is striking, the icy colour and the jewels are hypnotic, I have to say she beats Zhang in my eyes.

• Nat39 May 17, 2013 at 20:38 #

I’d like to add that I was a bit surprised Zhang didn’t get slammed for the boobage, it was equally bad.

11. Elise May 17, 2013 at 18:43 #

That cleavage ruins the look, the gown would have been perfect with more fabric and less skin. I do love the shape of the straps. The bag department fails again.

12. Noemi May 17, 2013 at 18:50 #

Not her color, for me and too much breasts exposed. For me, she’s never been the queen of Cannes. I will always remember Diane Kruger.

13. Nat May 17, 2013 at 19:03 #

Wayyy better than that green gown she wore.

14. fromchi-town May 17, 2013 at 19:05 #

She definitely knows how to work a gown at the Cannes. She owns the red carpet. The gown has stunning details… though not the most flattering cut on her, she looks good.

• fromchi-town May 17, 2013 at 19:06 #

Commented on the wrong post… this was meant for the Eva Longoria post… sorry!!

15. steph May 17, 2013 at 19:14 #

BDOTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. kane May 17, 2013 at 19:57 #

I’m feeling a slight yawn working its way up my neck re the neckline, we’ve seen a few of these over the past few days it seems to me. The lines on the bodice also give it a strange impression of cementing those boobies right where they are lest they move but one inch. Despite all this I’m blown away by this gorgeous ice princess statue look. I can’t help it, the hair, hair skin, the colour and fabric of the dress, the necklace, aww.

• kane May 17, 2013 at 19:58 #

her skin…

17. Joy May 17, 2013 at 20:54 #

I love this dress on Fan!!! This dress is so beautiful on her. Even though a similar dress was already worn, this is still amazing. I don’t know about being the queen of Cannes…that’s hard to maintain. Someone is always the new girl so I don’t think you can expect someone to be the queen forever. Fan is still on top of her game and that’s all that matter.

18. gidget bananas May 17, 2013 at 20:55 #

I love the color of the dress and the way it fits her like a glove, and I particularly like the jewels. Open necklines like hers just beg for a necklace, and it’s good to see someone go for it.

19. Fer May 17, 2013 at 21:19 #

This is one of the most magical looks i have ever seen. I declare myself a fashion lover, and this for me, is utter perfection, that choker can’t be worn like this by many women. I am speechless. This for me is a BDOTY, i can’t find words to describe how much i love this look.

20. Amy May 17, 2013 at 21:41 #

I don’t even care about what she’s wearing, her face is flawless. Damn it I want her skin.

21. Cooltweens May 17, 2013 at 23:39 #

I’m quite distracted by these Chinese stars having a “girls growth-spurt”. So, no, I’m not wowed by her outfit.

22. Chloé May 18, 2013 at 01:26 #

OMG DYINGGG!!!!

23. MG May 18, 2013 at 01:48 #

Still the queen of Cannes! Be still my heart

24. Alicat May 18, 2013 at 03:37 #

I love the dress. I think the colour, cut and fabric are exquisite. I do agree that there is far too much décolletage on show. I wonder if these were some of the jewels that were stolen. It’s like the movie, “To Catch a Thief”. While on that subject, imagine Grace Kelly in this dress. That would have been perfection – with a more demure neckline, of course…

25. Janani May 18, 2013 at 04:49 #

She’s still got it – always gorgeous in everything she wears! And she’s especially stunning here…

26. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2013 at 05:02 #

Once again, I am deeply grieved by the neckline–I know that sounds dramatic, LOL! It’s just, if the neckline had been a soft portrait style this would have been a BDOTY worthy look for me! The color, fabric, draping, styling (except for the slightly-too-casual clutch) are perfect. But that neckline, and the second cut-out in the back make it TOO revealing.

27. Jess2 May 18, 2013 at 07:51 #

AMAZING!! I see no crown slippage here.

28. Sherrie Golden May 18, 2013 at 13:15 #

Stunning! this is what I want to see Hollywood get back to. She does look like a princess. Thumbs up!

29. Aggie May 18, 2013 at 13:44 #

I don’t quite understand the clutch, but the rest are so perfect! Keep doing this Bingbing, not ES, not LV, try others!!

30. MEllen May 18, 2013 at 15:42 #

The clutch doesn’t fit here. But she is still amazing in this look.

31. victoria May 19, 2013 at 20:52 #

very nice~!

32. Jess May 21, 2013 at 06:02 #

Not my favourite, but I like that she had the sense to turn down the sleeves, which Zhang didn’t do. One of Fan’s good qualities is that she has never been afraid to personally tweak a designer’s product, as we saw with the Elie Saab turban, and she’s very intuitive about it.