16.05.13 Premiere

Sonam Kapoor In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Jeune & Jolie’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sonam Kapoor In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Jeune & Jolie' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Yet more goosebumps were to be had when Sonam Kapoor took to the red carpet this evening for the ‘Jeune & Jolie’ premiere during Cannes Film Festival.

Her strapless petal blooming Dolce & Gabbana gown took center stage with its voluminous silhouette.

It’s a well worked silhouette by the Sicilian designers, let’s face it, but never have I seen one showcased and presented as beautiful as this.

She styled her look with Sunita Kapoor jewels partly covered by her luscious wavy locks and pumps swathed with the same rose print.

Credit: Getty

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture - 'Jeune & Jolie' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Jeune & Jolie’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zhang Ziyi In Carolina Herrera - 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zhang Ziyi In Carolina Herrera – ‘The Bling Ring’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

51 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Jeune & Jolie’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina May 16, 2013 at 18:45 #

Gorgeous! She’s simply glowing!

2. DSI May 16, 2013 at 18:47 #

Utter gorgeousness. The necklace doesnt add much to the look,neither does it take away anything!

• Christine May 16, 2013 at 19:47 #

BDOTW worthy! Yesss!

• Rashmi May 16, 2013 at 19:53 #

Yes !!! BDOTW worthy ! Gorgeous face, princess dress , and those beautiful locks are lustworthy!

3. Ab May 16, 2013 at 18:47 #

Moment of silence. This is perfection! She’s so beautiful. Love the custom made dolce on her. Look at her hair and that smile. WOW

4. crack May 16, 2013 at 18:50 #

Oh my God! so pretty but is she able to breathe in this?

5. asmozonic May 16, 2013 at 18:52 #

looks like a dream!

6. fromchi-town May 16, 2013 at 18:52 #

OMG utter perfection!! This is how it is done… go Sonam. This can very well be one of my BDOTY nominees along with Nicole’s look from yesterday.

7. Yeliz May 16, 2013 at 18:52 #

She looks superb. It took a while for me to warm up to the length of the gown, but I adore this look now. Love her hair.

8. dee May 16, 2013 at 18:54 #

Hair is gorgeous. Love the whole look. So adorable.

9. kane May 16, 2013 at 18:55 #

I absolutely love the dress and the make up, but I feel she’s being let down by the rest, not sure about the shoes and especially the necklace. The hair is gorgeous but it might be covering too much of the dress for my taste on this occasion.

10. Dolcxvita May 16, 2013 at 18:56 #

This look is Fabulous! Finally see some Indian stars breaking out of the usual bollywood clutter. #SonamKapoor #Cannes #BDOTY!

11. Atrayee May 16, 2013 at 18:56 #

This is just Perfection!!!! The lovely dress,her hair and more thananything else that face is the epitome of lovliness and that smile is just too perfect!!

12. Dhppy May 16, 2013 at 18:57 #

Kudos on the hair and makeup. She looks 10 years younger than she usually does. I’ll give D&G props for highlighting the fairy princess style with the biggest floral print imaginable. No one can say they don’t have a sense of whimsy. I think it’s all a little absurd, but on the other hand, it supposed to be.

13. SR May 16, 2013 at 18:59 #

Is she even real? She looks effortlessly breath-taking. Cannot even describe how flawless she looks. She’s an absolute stunner!!

14. Tana May 16, 2013 at 18:59 #

I love this dress and she looks absolutely amazing. I just wish the dress fit properly around her chest.

• blueice May 16, 2013 at 20:51 #

• Christina May 16, 2013 at 22:10 #

15. nikky May 16, 2013 at 19:01 #

Now this is the Sonam I adore. I prefer when she doesn’t try too hard like she did last night. Everything from the makeup to the accessories (or the lack of them) is perfect here.

16. Kathy May 16, 2013 at 19:02 #

The dress is beautiful, but it’s also too whimsical for someone like her. I can see it on Hailee Stenfeld or Elle Fanning because they are the right age and have the right attitude to pull it off. The voluminous skirt and huge flowers have a youthful, Alice-in-Wonderland-meets-Victorian-era feel. Sonam is just not selling it to me.

• Dhppy May 17, 2013 at 00:03 #

You make a great point about Elle Fanning in this gown. I could see that. She loves whimsical clothing.

17. Nat39 May 16, 2013 at 19:04 #

It’s a major standout look, very impressive. My instant reaction – could’ve done without the necklace and the hair is overwhelming. But the overall effect is still so very beautiful (her hair is gorgeous), she gets thumbs up from me.

18. NDB May 16, 2013 at 19:06 #

Wow! How good does she look, so effortless.. Damn!

19. Moxie May 16, 2013 at 19:13 #

Overall the dress is stunningly beautiful, but there’s something wrong with the bodice. It doesn’t fit correctly and she has pointed cone breasts, which could explain why she left her hair down.

• Nat May 17, 2013 at 11:22 #

I agree with you.

20. YK May 16, 2013 at 19:33 #

Forget the dress, her HAIR is to die for!!! So shiny and voluminous and healthy looking! Gah!

21. Prudence May 16, 2013 at 19:46 #

Okay, this could have been spectacular but I am seriously bothered by the 3 inches between her shoes and the end of the dress…just make it full lenght or shorten it, the awkward in between really bothers me. Also, the bodice is not fitting her right. On a positive note, everything above the neck is beautiful!

• Quinn May 16, 2013 at 20:02 #

I have the same problem too. I want to like this but the length really bothers me.

• Noemi May 16, 2013 at 21:39 #

I agree with you. I don’t understand the length of the dress… She has gorgeous hair!

• Lisa May 16, 2013 at 23:26 #

I actually think the length gives it something extra special.

• Paolo May 17, 2013 at 20:29 #

Lisa touch the base, the length make this dress amazing!!! best outfit ever seen love my italian’s designers

22. EmmaWoodhouse May 16, 2013 at 20:00 #

So in love with this look!!! It’s like a modern pricness!! The dress is gorgeous (the bodice is not my favorite thing in the world, but the rest makes up for it), her hair is gorgeous, she is gorgeous–this look, along with Fan’s, is going on my BDOTY list!

23. Pablo May 16, 2013 at 20:40 #

That hair… Incredible.

24. Cross May 16, 2013 at 20:51 #

Love this. Also I’m getting a little Lucy Liu from the Golden Globes vibe from this look.

• Ariel May 17, 2013 at 09:49 #

Spot on! That’s the first place my mind went and I assumed that would be the prevailing sentiments in the comments. Very pretty, but I think Lucy did it earlier and better. Print, colour, styling, hair, fit – all of it. And less than half a year ago. Sonam is of course exceptionally beautiful, but it’s hard to better perfection.

25. Lil's May 16, 2013 at 22:35 #

Much better but I don’t like the hair

26. justme May 16, 2013 at 22:44 #

The fit around the bust area is pretty bad but I love that voluminous skirt, love it.

27. Rebecca Z May 16, 2013 at 23:00 #

Just beautiful. It is whimsical (the length, poof and print) and lovely.

28. Stel May 17, 2013 at 00:10 #

OH MY GOD!

29. Alicat May 17, 2013 at 00:47 #

A very beautiful gown which showcases the large floral print to full effect. Her hair is exquisite and her makeup perfect. The only problem is the fit of the bodice. Is it too small?

30. Sherrie Golden May 17, 2013 at 01:01 #

Beautiful Dress. I probably would have added long dark gloves that matched the darkest rose on the dress and replaced the necklace. She has beautiful hair, but I think when you wear this style of dress your hair should be pinned up!

31. Anya May 17, 2013 at 01:11 #

I’m enamoured by every detail. This is perfection.. and I love the fact she is wearing jewellery from her mother’s line not just to add publicity but every piece elevates whatever she is wearing, like the beautiful nose ring last time round and this gorgeous necklace.

32. senty May 17, 2013 at 04:56 #

wow… absolutely lovely. Dramatic!! i thought she looked gorgeous in the saree with the nose ring but this is simply breathtaking.. Go girl.. <3
    oh and btw, sonam's nose ring was wayy better than vidya balan's.. :)

33. Lalitha May 17, 2013 at 05:44 #

She looks so pretty! Love her makeup and the dress. Sunita Kapoor is Sonam’s mother and she wears her jewellery (many are bold, stunning pieces!) for many of her appearances in India.

34. Valeria May 17, 2013 at 06:57 #

I agree it’s more suited to a teenage star. This one to me looks like giant tea cosy, and what’s with the awkward length

35. kinella May 17, 2013 at 09:02 #

beautiful lady and beautiful look

btw, only Domenico Dolce is sicilian, Stefano Ggabbana was born in Milan. they are not Sicilian designers, they are Italian designers who work in Milan. ^^

36. zoe May 17, 2013 at 13:38 #

Sonam looks really gorgeous….simple and elegant…the dress looks really cute oh her

37. Pene May 17, 2013 at 14:01 #

This is very likely to be a BDOTY nomimee

38. astraea May 17, 2013 at 20:34 #

Gorgeous. But why is the dress so flat chested? How did she breath through it.

39. Jess2 May 18, 2013 at 04:26 #

The close up photo of Sonam is absolutely stunning. She looks amazing in this dress, though the fit of the bodice could have been a little better. Despite the fit, I really love this look.

40. MEllen May 18, 2013 at 15:45 #

I love this dress, so pretty…but I guess the dress could be quite heavy…