Emma Watson In Chanel Couture – ‘The Bling Ring’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Emma Watson In Chanel Couture - 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Emma Watson took to the red carpet this evening for the premiere of her latest movie, ‘The Bling Ring’ during Cannes Film Festival this evening.

Before she started obsessing over printed mini dresses, Emma was very much a Chanel girl during her early years on the ‘Harry Potter’ promo tours.

It looks like is she returning to her roots, somewhat, donning a Chanel Spring 2013 Couture gown this evening.

I am delighted that she wore her off-white silk dress which featured a black embroidered bodice without the cropped jacket we saw on the runway.

I love how grown up and sophisticated she looked whilst still appealing to her young fans. She perfectly struck the right balance.

With the rain still causing havoc for the ladies’ tresses, the actress opted for a simple bun with flawless makeup and three-silver earrings on one ear providing the finishing touches.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Liya Kebede In Alberta Ferretti - 'Jeune & Jolie' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Liya Kebede In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Jeune & Jolie’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sofia Coppola In Louis Vuitton - 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sofia Coppola In Louis Vuitton – ‘The Bling Ring’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

36 Responses to Emma Watson In Chanel Couture – ‘The Bling Ring’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Rafael May 16, 2013 at 19:17 #

A clear “Less is more” example..
    Love it!!

• Noemi May 16, 2013 at 21:32 #

Me, too! The dress is amazing.

• Jess2 May 18, 2013 at 04:47 #

I agree, simple and chic! She looks beautiful.

2. Moxie May 16, 2013 at 19:18 #

Not a fan of the skirt. Something about the way it fits around the hips bugs me.

• Alina May 16, 2013 at 19:24 #

Just ok for me.

• R May 16, 2013 at 19:45 #

Yeah, I think the pockets are making it pucker a bit. Other than that I actually like the shape of the skirt, but don’t care for the embroidered, sequined, sort of crushed velvet looking top half. Or the fact that it’s practically backless.

• Rashmi May 16, 2013 at 19:58 #

Agree with R on all points. I love the skirt shape but the pockets kinda ruin it and the top is total uninspiring and a bit boring!

• CreoleLady May 16, 2013 at 23:40 #

Agree, don’t like the fit of the skirt. The top is little too much like swimwear. Her co-star’s white gown with black accents seems so much more polished.

3. fromchi-town May 16, 2013 at 19:19 #

Minimalistic and sophisticated, and yet glamorous in an understated way.

• Mandy May 17, 2013 at 01:00 #

Yes, it’s wonderful. I love how so many ladies are going for understated minimalist looks, it’s so fresh against all the over the top gowns at the festival.

4. Yeliz May 16, 2013 at 19:19 #

Simple but stunning. It’s fascinating how different (in a good way) this gown looks on Emma than on the runway. I would’ve preferred a more chic updo, but she looks gorgeous nonetheless.

5. Tiger Nueng May 16, 2013 at 19:20 #

Simply and clean I like this.

6. Nat39 May 16, 2013 at 19:23 #

I think it’s a bit too grownup for her.

7. Rafael May 16, 2013 at 19:33 #

Wow! This is very disappointing. So uninspiring; this looks like she didn’t have any more options. I would rather see her wear something more fun like Zhang Ziyi Dior Couture outfit from last night than this. I mean maybe if she would have styled it properly with the hair, makeup & accessories and a good attitude maybe I would have liked it, but this just says nothing to me… Next

8. Ramsay May 16, 2013 at 19:42 #

I wish she had managed to keep some of the colours of the runway version while still making it red carpet friendly – I like it still – it’s understated and I like that on her

9. Prudence May 16, 2013 at 19:42 #

BORING!!!! I wish someone would wear one of the dresses from his blue collection, I am sooo sick of the black and white chanel looks everyone wears. Overall I will forget this look within me submitting this post.

10. dee May 16, 2013 at 19:45 #

This is boring to me.

11. Christine May 16, 2013 at 19:46 #

This look falls flat.

12. Anna May 16, 2013 at 19:56 #

I like the look. She mentioned on Twitter that she is the 3rd lead after two of the other girls in the movie. However, she obviously is going to get more attention. I like the fact that she chose a look that was beautiful yet understated.

13. EmmaWoodhouse May 16, 2013 at 20:02 #

The skirt looks poorly made. From afar the look is nice, because the black sequins and plain white skirt are nicely juxtaposed. However, along with my issues with the skirt, I don’t love the low-cut bodice. Therefore it’s not working for me. Her hair is lovely, though.

14. Charlotte May 16, 2013 at 20:05 #

It’s boring and I didn’t except that from her.
    Plus, the dress is not really flaterring, atound the hips and arount her breast.

15. Serena May 16, 2013 at 20:13 #

Boring as hell. Also not a fan of the pumps.

16. gabis May 16, 2013 at 20:14 #

She looks gorgeous but I wish she had opted for a different hairstyle. She was wearing a very similar one earlier for the photocall.

17. MatBer May 16, 2013 at 20:32 #

Very elegant and sophisticated and fresh. BDOTW

18. Pablo May 16, 2013 at 20:35 #

I thought I wasn’t going t like this but I actually do. She looks relaxed and glamorous and that’s not easy. Love the liquid bodice.

19. Fanny May 16, 2013 at 20:46 #

I like this! The bodice is very similar to the Calvin Klein dress worn by Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars afterparty, right?

20. serapart May 16, 2013 at 20:49 #

love the open back of the dress, just wish she’d opted for red lips or something…

21. Blush May 16, 2013 at 20:59 #

I like it because there’s something about black and white Chanel that is perfect for Cannes.

22. Julia May 16, 2013 at 21:02 #

Gorgeous! I always love Emma in Chanel!! Stunning! BDOTW contender!

23. Lil's May 16, 2013 at 22:33 #

Amazing. She rarely gets it wrong and here she shines again. It’s always a pleasure to see her on a red carpet. She’s fresh, youthful and elegant

24. Vida May 17, 2013 at 00:17 #

This looks just like the Calvin Klein Jennifer Lawrence wore to the Vanity Fair Oscar party! She should have found something more original, Cannes is not a setting for minimalist minimalist style!!

25. AG May 17, 2013 at 02:52 #

Usually I’m all for minimalism but I’m actually quite bored by this. And it looks like it isn’t fitting her as well as it should.

26. Pedro May 17, 2013 at 04:25 #

Emma looks perfect!

Classic, timeless and flawless

27. Joy May 17, 2013 at 06:31 #

I really dislike this, I don’t want to but I do. First off, she looks uncomfortable through the shoulders in the dress. I agree with another commenter the cut of the top looks like a swimsuit. I dislike the skirt just as much. It just isn’t flattering with the pockets and and cut through the hips and butt. I love chanel and I love Emma Watson but this is a definite NO for me.

28. Ariadne May 17, 2013 at 12:59 #

She’s very classy and sophisticated. I love the dress.

29. Liz May 22, 2013 at 17:08 #

Very chic look. I love that she didn’t wear something over the top and crazy for her first Cannes red carpet. Also, it’s an ensemble film, so I love how the cast looks like they coordinated their looks. My favorite part of Emma’s dress is the back. LOVE it. And I also really adore how she kept the accessories minimal…the earring was a nice touch.