Julianne Hough In Topshop – 2013 Met Gala

JulianneHoughTopShop

Normally one for bright styles, Julianne Hough embraced the punk-focused theme at Monday’s Met Gala in New York city with a darker colour scheme.

Joining Jamie King and opting to wear a Topshop design, Julianne steered more retro than punk in a white, black, and grey checkered strapless tulle confection.

The ‘Safe Haven’ star snuck in a few punk accents with a high-low hemline to showcase her studded pointed toe, ankle strap pumps, and dark stud earrings.

Julianne went dark on her nails but remained minimal and luminescent in the makeup department. I wish she would have gone a bit more grunge with her beauty choices to balance the frilly dress.

Is this punk enough for the gala theme? I’m not so sure.

FYI. She wore Jacob & Co jewels.

Credit: Getty

16 thoughts on “Julianne Hough In Topshop – 2013 Met Gala

1. EmmaWoodhouse

Waist down it’s good, but the bodice is off. And the hair and makeup aren’t really working quite right.

2. justme

I often like and defend Julianne’s style but this is pretty bad. Not a fan of the dress and those false lashes are awful.

3. Yeliz

The gown is ugly, but the rest of her look is flawless. I love (!!!) her hair and makeup and the clutch and shoes.

4. Anj

I love her mascara- it’s very spider-like and it goes well with her spider web inspired dressed. I think she looks great.

5. Eve_V

There is something about this dress that makes it look like a maternity design in my eyes. Not in a good way though. I sort of like her hair, but the makeup is horrible, they should have been more careful and accurate choosing the right color for her eyebrows.

6. Gabby M

Hmm yes… wearing cobwebs is punk… no. only thing i like about this is the hair. no to eyelashes

7. Solveig

I absolutely do not like this. She has a great body, but this dress does not flatter it. She looks so short! The make-up is not good either, painted eyebrows and too pale lips.