Katy Perry In Thom Browne – ‘Killer Queen’ Fragrance Launch

Katy Perry In Thom Browne - ‘Killer Queen’ Fragrance Launch

Katy Perry unveiled her third fragrance, ‘Killer Queen’, at the James B. Duke Mansion in New York City yesterday.

As this was a promotional event, those of you who are too fond of her quirky nature can forgive the theatrics on this occasion.

Taking to her throne, the singer wore a Thom Browne Fall 2013 red-and-white rose-print, strapless dress with embroidered rose-detailing and a voluminous skirt.

There isn’t one thing I like about this look I have to say. Not a damn thing.

I find this dress garish as it has too much going on. It looks like it belongs on in a horror movie; dressing a victim who has met her untimely demise.

Katy styled her look with Alice + Olivia heels, Lorraine Schwartz bracelets and Chopard earrings.

Wavy locks, a red pout and blood-red and gold manicure provided the finishing touches to Katy’s look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Nicole Richie In Balmain - Balmain LA Dinner Party

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Nicole Richie In Balmain – Balmain LA Dinner Party

Carey Mulligan In Lanvin - Bowery Hotel

Carey Mulligan In Lanvin – Bowery Hotel

14 Responses to Katy Perry In Thom Browne – ‘Killer Queen’ Fragrance Launch

1. Yeliz May 3, 2013 at 12:36 #

I dislike this a lot. I don’t care if it’s a promotional event, she could’ve also chosen another dramatic gown and wouldn’t have looked so ridiculous. I only like her makeup. I hope this look is an exception, because I loved all of her last looks lately.

• Rashmi May 3, 2013 at 12:55 #

+1. I dislike it to the core !!!
      I really hope this is an exception from her good looks off late.

• Christine May 3, 2013 at 15:37 #

Hope so too and I couldn’t agree more.

2. dee May 3, 2013 at 13:12 #

I knew quirky Katy Perry would resurface. I loathe this dress.

3. Alicat May 3, 2013 at 13:24 #

I love the theatricality of the dress on the runway. It as something of a Marie Antoinette vibe what with the wig, white stockings and shoes. On Ms Perry it falls flat and looks silly. Does this perfume have a rose theme???

4. Aline May 3, 2013 at 14:57 #

I love her quirkiness when it’s done right. But it’s definitely not the case here. Mainly because this dress is just ugly. And ridiculous.

5. Moxie May 3, 2013 at 15:02 #

All I see is the Queen of Hearts with the white roses painted red shouting “Off with her head!”

6. justme May 3, 2013 at 16:51 #

This is very Rita Ora. Not a compliment.
    Her hair looks very fake when it’s styled like this.

7. Anj May 3, 2013 at 17:46 #

Sorry, I LOVE this dress. She didn’t overdo it on the accessories and her hair and makeup look great with the dress. I might change my mind if she were standing up but I like it as she is.

8. Nat39 May 3, 2013 at 19:10 #

This is one tasteless design, horrible.

9. Magdalena May 3, 2013 at 21:49 #

I adore this dress, it’s amazing. It’s a shame Katy sucked the life out of it and made it a tacky costume.

10. Kathy May 4, 2013 at 00:02 #

I don’t love it, but I certainly don’t hate it. Given that she didn’t add any obnoxious accessories or a crazy hairdo (see runway), it’s not a bad look. I love her black cascading waves, and I’m sure the dress would look better if it wasn’t so awkwardly folded around her seat.

11. Flutterbang May 4, 2013 at 05:21 #

I’d really liked to see her standing up in it, because I think as she’s sitting down it gives the dress an odd shape…I don’t hate it.

12. KatieKate June 8, 2013 at 15:34 #

Katy is the “Queen of Kitsch”! I love that she has total fun with her wardrobe, and this dress is no exception. It is very tongue-in-cheek, and not to be taken super seriously. She has a great sense of humor, and an even greater sense of herself–I have the utmost respect for that. She is never ever boring, and I am always excited to see what she will be wearing next. I think sometimes we can take fashion, and ourselves, way too serious. I actually commend Katy on her bold, fun, out-of-the-box choices, I think she rocks–onstage and off!