25.04.13

Selena Gomez In Burberry – Late Show With David Letterman

Selena Gomez In Burberry - Late Show With David Letterman

Despite creating a storm wearing a bindi for her MTV Movie Awards bollywood-inspired performance, Selena Gomez was happy to don a bindi again for her guest appearance on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ yesterday.

She arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theatre in New York City wearing a Burberry trench coat, which had distinctive zipper details on the sleeves and collar and was accented with leather-trimmed pockets, giving the look a modern take on a classic piece.

What I love most about her look is her Brian Atwood ‘Electra’ cut-out knee-high boots.

The boots take this look from classic to uber sexy.

Brian Atwood Boots

You can buy Selena’s Brian Atwood boots from Saks.com and Saks.com UK.

Credit: FameFlynet

‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Moscow Photocall

‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Moscow Photocall

Emmy Rossum's Rebecca Minkoff Floral Mini MAC Bag

Emmy Rossum’s Rebecca Minkoff Floral Mini MAC Bag

22 Responses to Selena Gomez In Burberry – Late Show With David Letterman

1. Kathy April 25, 2013 at 18:41 #

It bothers me that Selena is so wishy-washy in both her style and her music. I understand that she’s still making the slow “transition” out of her Disney image, but her clothes are all over the place. Sometimes she tries to be a sexy vixen, other times she’ll be spritelike and playful. (The same goes, in my opinion, for her songs. She forces herself into different roles depending on what she’s promoting. It used to be these electronic-dance tracks and with the new song she’s trying to channel Bollywood. It reeks of desperate gimmick.)

This is not a bad look, and I love the shoes, but it’s a little too mature for her. I can see it on someone like Charlize Theron or maybe Rihanna, when she’s in one of her classy moods. Brian Atwood himself actually Instagrammed this picture, with his signature hashtag #sexisintheheel, but I have a hard time being convinced. I wish Selena’s style was more consistent. I have loved lots of her looks, but I’ve also disliked lots of them as well.

• Magdalena April 25, 2013 at 20:54 #

That’s my issue with her style as well.

• Mary April 25, 2013 at 21:37 #

Mine as well!

• R April 26, 2013 at 01:07 #

She’s said before that she has two deliberate style personalities depending, I guess, on venue or what she’s promoting.

As for her music changing sounds. Isn’t that true of most manufactured pop stars. They go with whatever’s on trend or, on rare occasions, try and start a new trend.

• Kathy April 26, 2013 at 18:40 #

Even if she does have two different “style personalities”, they should blend seemlessly. Rihanna, Jennifer Lawrence, Solange Knowles, Taylor Swift, Diane Kruger, etc. are capable of transitioning from casual-chic to sensual-sophisticated. It shouldn’t be erratic to the point that it feels forced.

2. Christine April 25, 2013 at 18:53 #

The shoes are a little too much.

3. Paulyne April 25, 2013 at 19:00 #

Actually, these photos where took when she leave the show , and she was there just for performing so that explained the boots and the bindi since she performed with them.
    Anyway, I really like this look :)

4. Yeliz April 25, 2013 at 19:16 #

I would’ve preferred an interesting pair of sandals or pumps (coloured for example) instead of those boots. Not liking her hair either.

5. Aparajita April 25, 2013 at 19:19 #

I don’t have a problem with her donning a bindi in general, but with the fact that it doesn’t go with her outfits.

• Heaven April 25, 2013 at 19:22 #

She wore the bindi and boots during her performance and those photos were taken when she left the show right after the performance so she kept the bindi and boots.

6. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2013 at 19:31 #

I only like the coat.

7. dee April 25, 2013 at 19:54 #

I love everything about this look except the bindi.

8. Dan Oliver April 25, 2013 at 20:17 #

The shoes are hot I actually think she is making the transition from disney princess to adult star quite well.

9. amparo April 25, 2013 at 21:19 #

She is having fun. I love the look.

10. Angie April 25, 2013 at 21:59 #

Love the trench-coat, not the boots. Honestly, I cant’t see the point in wearing cut-out boots, it’s a nonsense.

11. Jayson Warsuma April 25, 2013 at 22:40 #

YES Selena Looks great In her knee high cut out boots. I would Love to Go out with Selena. I have a Crush on selena gomez I love her. : ) She has nice legs.

12. Rooske April 25, 2013 at 23:02 #

I still feel her face is too childlike to wear stuff like this.

13. Marybeth April 26, 2013 at 00:57 #

I love this. It’s both fun and sophisticated.

14. Patty April 26, 2013 at 05:03 #

At this point, I don’t even care about the outfit because I can’t look past the bindi, she needs to stop.

• Evil Britta April 26, 2013 at 05:49 #

Agree. Cultural appropriation shouldn’t be fashionable.

15. Rashmi April 26, 2013 at 10:35 #

Like the look without the bindi. No harm in wearing it, but it just doesn’t go with the attire!

And LOL on people who critisized her for wearing a bindi! Its just a commodity to enhance beauty followed by Hindu people. Some people just love creating news!

16. Francois Bresmal April 27, 2013 at 16:28 #

What is it on her forehead?