Emma Watson In Maxime Simoens – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Emma Watson In Maxime Simoëns - 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Emma Watson took home the ‘Trailblazer’ award at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards held at the Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California on Sunday evening.

Sticking to her short-printed-mini-dress red carpet formula, the British actress, who celebrates her 23rd birthday today, opted for a Maxime Simoëns Fall 2013 dress on this occasion.

Typically fresh and flirty, her printed dress, which she paired with Proenza Schouler platform sandals and silver Jennifer Meyer rings, features a haltered neckline and cut-out details.

Opting for minimal makeup, Emma swept her hair up into a simple updo.

Would you say Emma is trailblazing fashion on the red carpet, or does she need a new red carpet M.O.?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

36 thoughts on “Emma Watson In Maxime Simoens – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

1. ariadne

I really like the dress and it was appropriate for the occasion. I’d rather have this than black dresses.

2. Denise

I can’t get enough of her printed interesting dresses ! One of the best dressed at the event imo!

1. Angie

+1 She manages to look lovely every time. The dress looks better on her than on the model. Love the shoes and the simple styling.

2. Mandy

Yep love the dresses that she chooses, even if she is just sticking to the formula. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

3. Liz

Agreed. I love that she’s having fun with prints. They look great on her, so I see no problem with it. Although, I’m not a big fan of the shoes…the dress, hair, and makeup compensate for them.

3. Martina

I love this look, I think she looks perfect for this awards :)) There’s not a single thing I would change :D
    However, I do wish we would step out of the box a bit, I feel like she experimented a bit more with fashion during Harry Potter promotions..

4. TL

She looks good, but I wish she can try something new, we’ve been seeing a lot of one-piece printed dress from her already.

5. Amy

when it comes to awards like that : MTV, Kids choice… I don’t mind. She looks great and I’m always happy to see Maxime Simoens dresses on the RC

6. Stella

I would have kept the boots/sandals from the runway show,just to give it a new twist. Still, this look is very cute, but I wish she opted for something entirely different.

7. Sara

Always looks gorgeous! Love the dress and the shoes! Hair and make are flawless! Best dressed there!

8. Abigail

I agree with people saying she doing similar looks recently, but each one is perfect for her. And let’s be honest, she was able to really go crazy with the Harry Potter premieres because she was one of the stars. What she’s done recently has either been Indie or are movies she was a smaller supporting character. So she hasn’t had as much of a chance to go couture like she would for Harry Potter. Hopefully that will be changing with her next premiere!

9. Dhia

obviously she looks gorgeous all the time but in terms of fashion, i think she has the opportunity to experiment more than just half thigh, printed dresses:/

10. Anne

I REALLY wish she’d branch out into different silhouettes, fabrics, lengths. That being said, I do like this particular dress; I think the unique neckline adds an interesting touch. Love the shoes, too. With such a lackluster red carpet, this is one of my faves of the night

11. Emmeline

She looks great, this is probably my favorite among all the printed mini-dresses she worn. There’s something about the neckline that I really love.

12. Moxie

I think she looks absolutely gorgeous. She was one of my best dressed of the night. Yes, she’s sticking to a formula, but it is working for her.

13. ash

deja vu
    but it doesnt matter,cuz no matter what she’s wearing,my attention is always on her face,not her dresses.

14. Kathy

It’s a good look and the printed, structured minidresses obviously work for Emma. I don’t like the shoes though…I think they’re too heavy. I don’t mind that they’re black but I wish they were more delicate, like a sandal or something.

15. TeaAtTwo

It might be an often repeated look but it’s still effective. I like the dress and those heels elevate the look. A big thumbs up.

16. EmmaWoodhouse

This is so cute! Could do with another inch on the hem (this length looks a little bit childish) but otherwise I really like it! She does print well.

17. Chechula

Auwful dress and doesn’t suit her at all. besides her hair was a disaster. Emma you are a bad actress but a pretty girl and can do better regarding red carpet outfits.

18. Sierra

As much as I want her to explore new ideas, she is one of the only people to consistently bring us fun, new, and exciting looks. Her printed dresses are all exceptional as are the interesting geometric shoes she pairs them with. If other actresses wore more dresses like this I would be more eager to see Emma branch out. As is, I am thankful for her rut.

19. AG

She really is very one note. Could definitely afford to mix it up a bit. Having said that she still looks nice, but just a bit bored of the same thing every time.