08.04.13

Taylor Swift In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 ACM Awards

Taylor Swift In Dolce & Gabbana - 2013 ACM Awards

Taylor Swift stunned on the red carpet for the 2013 ACM Awards, held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada yesterday evening.

She shut down the red carpet wearing a Dolce & Gabbana sexy figure-hugging gown.

Taylor’s fully embellished gold gown also features clear sequins and crystal embellishments around the neckline.

her sparkling gown, which features an open back, was styled with a simple ponytail, smouldering smoky eyes, and her signature red lip colour was traded in for a nude shade on this occasion.

Taylor’s additional sparkle came via Norman Silverman earrings and a Le Vian ring.

Do you welcome Taylor’s return to an embellished gown, or are you having a mild case of ‘been there, done that’ with this gown?

Carrie Underwood In Naeem Khan - 2013 ACM Awards

Carrie Underwood In Naeem Khan – 2013 ACM Awards

Isla Fisher's Étoile Isabel Marant 'Stacy' Blouse And Matt Bernson 'Chilmark' Flat Sandals

Isla Fisher’s Étoile Isabel Marant ‘Stacy’ Blouse And Matt Bernson ‘Chilmark’ Flat Sandals

44 Responses to Taylor Swift In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 ACM Awards

1. marlie April 8, 2013 at 10:39 #

I welcome it!! Wow she looks sensational. Best dressed for sure.

2. jess April 8, 2013 at 10:39 #

Taylor always looks very good on red carpet, but still quite boring and safe.

• Rashmi April 8, 2013 at 10:51 #

+1. She is looking gorgeous, but it’s again back to her boring nude shimmery gowns.

PS: Would have never guessed it as Dolce & Gabbana!!!

• Lashae April 8, 2013 at 12:08 #

+2 She’s pretty in but its the same story again.

• Mandy April 8, 2013 at 12:14 #

+3 im over the sparkles and this silhouette

• Francois Bresmal April 9, 2013 at 10:06 #

+4 SO DEJA VUUUUUU

3. Daisy April 8, 2013 at 10:41 #

I would have never guessed this was Dolce and Gabbana. But I like the dress and it for Taylor. The styling is perfectly on point and as usual she wears her look with confidence.

4. Alina April 8, 2013 at 10:50 #

I think the dress would have looked better on someone older.

5. Lee April 8, 2013 at 11:09 #

I welcome it – it’s an extraordinary gown and she looks great!

6. Emma April 8, 2013 at 11:26 #

I have two words for this look: HATE IT

7. Jai April 8, 2013 at 11:39 #

Too much embellishment and I’m not a big fan of sparkly dresses to begin with.

8. Angie April 8, 2013 at 11:51 #

‘been there, done that’ for me.
    Plus, I don’t like the gown itself, with so much embellishment it looks slightly tacky.

9. Amy April 8, 2013 at 11:59 #

the pics are flattering but with closeups you could see the dress didn’t fit properly. I didn’t hug her as it’s supposed to especially in the waist-hips area.
    Not my fave look from Swift.

10. LOLA April 8, 2013 at 12:27 #

she is wearing dolce & gabbana fall 2007: http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2007RTW/DGABBANA/RUNWAY/00600m.jpg
    It could have been great with the belt.

• Catherine Kallon April 8, 2013 at 14:19 #

11. Betelgeuze April 8, 2013 at 12:44 #

Looking through some old posts about Taylor, I wanted to explain why this looks doesn’t feel same-old at all to me.
    Probably it’s because of the lack of her old hairstyle, th cute curls. Pls although I don’t like the dress, the stones and sequins on the upper part break a little through the heavy feeling. But most probably because the expression on her face is less cute and more sophisticated than what she usually looked like in her embellished past.

Anyway, my verdict is that it’s sophisticated enough not too fall into the “been there, done that” category, nicely styled, but I dislike the heavy dress itself.

To get “been there, done that” from me she’d had to wear another fitted white dress.

12. Georgia April 8, 2013 at 13:09 #

I find this look very costume-y… it looks like a drama costume designer accidentally inhaled too much of the glue whilst sticking those embellishments on and went overboard – it seems so unthought out from the waist up!

13. AnderBoBo April 8, 2013 at 13:12 #

There appears to be too much embellishment, especially those huge stones up at the neckline that are throwing this look somewhat off balance for me. I actually don’t mind her affinity for sparkly and shiny, but at this point if she goes in that direction it needs to be flawlessly executed, and unfortunately this look is not.

14. gabis April 8, 2013 at 13:37 #

Well, I think she knocked out of the park. This may be my all time favorite look from her. She looks truly stunning. The ponytail may be a little too casual for this spectacular gown but even though I love it head to toe. Flawless makeup and accessories completed her BDOTW worthy look.

15. Jess2 April 8, 2013 at 13:47 #

I love this! I can’t fault a thing!

16. AG April 8, 2013 at 13:54 #

Usually fan of embellishment, but in this case it’s overkill. Looks cheap/a bit Vegas showgirl to me.

17. jal April 8, 2013 at 13:54 #

The dress is from Fall 2007

• Catherine Kallon April 8, 2013 at 14:16 #

thanks

18. Nat April 8, 2013 at 14:00 #

She was my favorite of the acm awards red carpet. I liked how she styled it.

19. Leo April 8, 2013 at 14:01 #

Kylie wore this at her The Kylie Show tv special a few years ago and she rocked it with all her self, so I look at Taylor in it and it does not stand a chance next to Miss Minogue.

20. DSI April 8, 2013 at 14:03 #

She looks good. An overdose of bling perhaps,still she manages to pull it off. I dont mind the embellished neck line, but those rhinestones/crystals on the bodice comes off as tacky more than adding to the look!

21. Christine April 8, 2013 at 14:06 #

It’s ok but yes been there done that. Like her makeup

• dee April 8, 2013 at 14:13 #

22. TeaAtTwo April 8, 2013 at 15:08 #

I don’t think she should be begrudged for wearing a sequinned dress once in a while. It’s an eye-catching dress but I’m not blown away on this occasion.

23. Inge April 8, 2013 at 15:11 #

It’s the same old.. same old.. She always wears dresses like these. Once she surprised me with her Donna Karan gown at the Golden Globes this year.

24. EmmaWoodhouse April 8, 2013 at 15:16 #

YES!!!!!!!! I am SO beyond excited!!!!! Lately, Taylor’s been off for me, with the short shorts, band-geek stage outfits, and plunge-necks gown. She is BACK TO HER BEST here, though! This is being added to my BDOTY list!!! I am absolutely thrilled–really, this is such a welcome moment! Grown-up sparkle at its best :)

25. Marybeth April 8, 2013 at 15:36 #

She looks great.
    Far from being “same-old-same-old,” this is a nice change from the plunging necklines and unembellished dresses she has been wearing lately.

26. ash April 8, 2013 at 17:48 #

least favorite look of Taylor in a while.

27. Moxie April 8, 2013 at 18:05 #

I don’t mind her wearing a sequined/embellised gown, but I don’t like the big stones and embellishments at the top… they don’t work with the gown.

I would have looked better with the belt from the runway.

• Nat39 April 8, 2013 at 18:15 #

Agreed. The big stones at the neckline are killing the look, and def. missing a belt.

28. Yeliz April 8, 2013 at 18:08 #

Been there and done that a thousand times. And I’m one of those, who would have never guessed, that this is Dolce & Gabbana.

29. Rebecca Z April 8, 2013 at 18:16 #

I think she looks elegant and pretty. It is a gorgeous dress, beautifully styled. I think she suffers from Red Carpet fatigue–we just see her too much and so it is easy to become over-critical. This is a very elegant gown and she is wearing it very well.

• admmgz April 8, 2013 at 21:10 #

ITA

30. Kathy April 8, 2013 at 18:29 #

Absolutely stunning. Definitely one of my BDOTY contenders (I know, I know, it’s only April, but you can never be too prepared, right?) The reason this feels difference from her 2008-2011 “sparkle” phase is because instead of being showered in sequins, the embellishment here is more varied and multi-dimensional, creating a more sophisticated vibe. Sequins worked for her in her late teens and early 20s, and this kind of gown is really suitable as she’s making the transtition into mature young adult.

• Kathy April 8, 2013 at 18:33 #

*different

• EmmaWoodhouse April 9, 2013 at 16:26 #

+1 Total agreement.

31. robbie April 8, 2013 at 18:29 #

gorgeous, it is sparkly but it is far from her usual disney princess sparkle that she used to wear. this new taylor is HOT!

32. Sharon April 8, 2013 at 22:01 #

I’m not a Taylor Swift fan which undoubtedly colors my opinion, but my first thought on seeing this dress was that it looked like a costume from the Elizabeth Taylor “Cleopatra” film.

33. Prudence April 10, 2013 at 07:11 #

I just want to go up to her and cut her bangs off I am sooooooooooo sick of them its been like four years.