Saoirse Ronan In Proenza Schouler – ‘The Host’ New York Screening

Saoirse Ronan In Proenza Schouler -  'The Host' New York Premiere

Saoirse Ronan joined co-star Diane Kruger on the red carpet at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in New York City last night for a screening of ‘The Host’.

As the lead actress in this movie, she was sure to stand out in this Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2013 dress, which was presented in the look book as a coat.

Her blue tweed jacquard short-sleeved dress featured an asymmetrical black leather trim and a black leather belt to nip in her waist.

I’m intrigued to see how her Monique Lhuillier blue-and-black sandals would’ve worked with this look, as Saoirse opted for black Christian Louboutin cut-out ankle boots.

The young actress continues to work a fresh-faced look with her blonde tresses teased into a wavy hairstyle.

Do you prefer this look over the LA premiere?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Andrea Riseborough In Rochas - ‘Oblivion’ Rio de Janeiro Premiere

Andrea Riseborough In Rochas – ‘Oblivion’ Rio de Janeiro Premiere

Jessica Chastain's Antonio Berardi Flared Mesh Dress

Jessica Chastain’s Antonio Berardi Flared Mesh Dress

8 Responses to Saoirse Ronan In Proenza Schouler – ‘The Host’ New York Screening

1. Christine March 28, 2013 at 14:06 #

Yes, I prefer this look over the L.A premiere. She looks great! I like the dress.

2. Yeliz March 28, 2013 at 14:07 #

Definitely this over her boring LA premiere look, but I don’t like the ankle boots.

3. Moxie March 28, 2013 at 14:16 #

I liked her LA look, but this is great. She definitely could have worn a better shoe, but the black doesn’t bother me.

4. Anne March 28, 2013 at 14:57 #

Adore this look! I even like the booties, though obviously in the minority on that point. I prefer Saorise’s styling of this Pre-fall PS dress than Freida Pinto’s look from the same collection. I think it stays truer to the designers’ aesthetic and converting the coat into a dress is an inspiring choice.

5. Rebecca Z March 28, 2013 at 15:30 #

She looks wonderful–quite the lovely young woman. Love the dress–could live without the shoes but they don’t kill the look for me. Belting the dress was inspired.

6. Anj March 28, 2013 at 16:28 #

She looks so good in blue; it really brings out her eyes! I am also enamored by that model’s jacket.

7. Amy March 28, 2013 at 16:49 #

I love the dress, the shoes could have been better but it’s fine

8. EmmaWoodhouse March 28, 2013 at 23:30 #

Fabulous look, much improved. Only wish she’d kept those Lhuillier shoes!!! This is still a great ensemble.