Fan Bingbing In Marchesa – 2013 Oscars

2013Oscars_FanBingBing

Ripping her red-carpet confection straight from the Marchesa Fall 2013 runway of New York Fashion Week just days ago, Fan Bingbing made a bold entrance at the 2013 Academy Awards, hosted this evening at the Dolby Theatre in California.

It’s no surprise that designers Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman’s most recent collection has hit the Oscars. The romantically theatrical aura of creations like Fan’s fuchsia number certainly are worthy of a red carpet.

That said, I wasn’t totally on board with the Chinese actress’s interpretation of this architecturally extravagant gown, which was undoubtedly a challenge to fit into a limousine—or through a doorway.

It came rather close to overwhelming the petite star. And that black clutch, while lovely, was a harsh distraction.

But the Chopard jewels, in complementary shades of pink and magenta, were beautiful.

She finished the look with a structured high updo and a pink lippie.

Credit: Style.com and Getty

36 thoughts on “Fan Bingbing In Marchesa – 2013 Oscars

1. EmmaWoodhouse

My jaw actually dropped when I saw this! FINALLY some color!!! I love the voluminous rose colored skirt of this gown, and her black clutch works cause it actually goes with her hair! Love this look–it is fun, bright, and dramatic in a way that this neutral-heavy red carpet is slightly lacking!

2. ash

I don’t mind the bag at all, I thought it matched her hair, strict and black. The dress is a little overwhelming though. This is the place to whip out your Elie Saab dresses, Fan Bing Bing!!

1. Rashmi

+1.
      I never felt it before, but this one screams attention even with the beautiful dress. Maybe if she had kept the rest of the look simple, I would have loved it and also be in my best dressed list.

1. MG

“the Chinese actress fan bingbing this year by Hollywood famous producer Bill Mechanic invitation, will go to the scene for the first time attending Oscar ceremony, and at the same time will also discuss some work”

3. Elise

That clutch is distracting, ugly and ruins the look. Not a Fan’s fan anyway, and this look is not helping to change my mind

4. MaddyEliza

I love it!! I was really hoping this gown would make an appearance at the Oscars!! The clutch is a bit stark but oh my goodness that dress. Stunning. :D

5. Moxie

Finally some drama! You can love her or you can hate her, but you can’t deny that she always brings the drama and is never boring.

Love the color, although the dress is threatening to overwhelm her petite frame.

6. Yeliz

She looks overwhelmed, does not pull this off as expected. That said, that colour is gorgeous and so is her hair and makeup.

7. the ogre

she ruined the look with the hair do and clutch…sigh! and to a certain extent that weird pink lip. i would have been happier if a softer approach to styling this gown would have been considered by fan bing bing who always does OTT.

8. Jess

I think the pleats of Fan’s dress need stronger creases, as on the model. I know that’s not the most practical suggestion (how did she sit down?), but it would have made everything more structured at least.

9. Jess2

I really like most of this look but I think a silver clutch would have been better than the black.

10. Shannie

Fan looks sensational. This is the Oscars. You have to be over-the top at least a little……..or in this case a lot, but Ms. Fan is putting in work. I love it. She could lose the clutch though, but gorgeous nonetheless.