Maribel Verdu In Christian Dior – 2013 Goya Cinema Awards

Maribel Verdu In Christian Dior - 2013 Goya Cinema Awards

Maribel Verdu took home the Best Actress award at the 2013 Goya Cinema Awards held at the Centro de Congresos Principe Felipe in Madrid, Spain on Sunday, but will she take home the prize for Best Dressed?

The actress wore a Christian Dior Spring 2013 look.

Adding a floral gold necklace to her silk and duchesse metallic-white floral-printed skirt and black cashmere sweater doesn’t work for me.

The look was meant to have a minimal feel, so for me the floral necklace and earrings detract a lot of the elegance from the look.

Had the necklace been more subtle like Anna Wintour’s, this look would’ve fared much better.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - International Woolmark Prize

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – International Woolmark Prize

Nicole Kidman In L'Wren Scott - 'Stoker' London Screening

Nicole Kidman In L’Wren Scott – ‘Stoker’ London Screening

17 Responses to Maribel Verdu In Christian Dior – 2013 Goya Cinema Awards

1. msd February 18, 2013 at 14:04 #

I actually think the necklace works here (and I usually hate unnecessary jewellery). It wouldn’t work at all with the sleek, modern runway styling but it suits the 50’s-60’s vibe she’s going for.

2. Beta February 18, 2013 at 14:12 #

Dunno, I dont mind the necklace but I do prefer the runway’s styling with the unexpected pumps.
    Im a bit bothered by the length of the dress on Maribel.

• Yeliz February 18, 2013 at 15:55 #

Ditto.

3. ruff February 18, 2013 at 14:13 #

She looks good, imo. In movement it looked even better.

Oh, and Catherine, have you seen Nieves in Stephane Rolland at the Goyas? You are gonna LOVE it. Like, really love it.

4. Christine February 18, 2013 at 14:16 #

Not liking the shoes or necklace with this look.

5. Denise February 18, 2013 at 15:06 #

I don’t like the fit of the sweater. The styling is not as appealing as the runways’.

6. Lee Ann February 18, 2013 at 15:12 #

The necklace is just plain wrong as are the earrings and the length.
    My friend bought the version that Anna wore. When she brought it home, her husband looked at it and said, “I didn’t know Christian Dior made shower curtains.”

7. Rory February 18, 2013 at 15:21 #

This is the problem with labels and high fashion – because it’s Dior no one will point out the obvious. The top looks baggy and sloppy and the skirt has been ‘deflated’ so that it has lost its elegant shape. the hem is also sloppy and the beautiful sheen in the runway photo is nowhere to be found. it just looks like a used bed spread.

bad look overall.

• amparo February 18, 2013 at 16:04 #

Agreed! The worst think here IMO is the skirt looking flat and the boring shoes.

• Liana February 18, 2013 at 20:01 #

+1. The fit is horrendous and the finition is nowhere couture near.

8. Grace Patricia February 18, 2013 at 15:34 #

I think the problem is not the necklace, imo it matches the roses on the skirt. I dislike the shoes, the runway ones are amazing! The fit of the top is the awful!

• dee February 18, 2013 at 16:46 #

9. Ericka February 18, 2013 at 15:58 #

I agree the necklace kills this look. too much.

10. MatBer February 18, 2013 at 17:28 #

I think something is off, actually more than something: the necklace is wrong, the shoes are wrong and the volume of the skirt (too long) is wrong. Quite a shame.

11. TeaAtTwo February 18, 2013 at 18:21 #

The necklace, creases on the sweater and the black pumps spoil this look. I think Leelee Sobieski wore this style best.

12. bas February 18, 2013 at 20:35 #

I’m really bothered by the fitting and the length of the dress. I could toletare the necklace and the shoes (though I prefer the runaway ogeneral styling), but the earrings are one thing too much.

13. EmmaWoodhouse February 18, 2013 at 22:34 #

While some of these shimmery skirt/black top looks worked, this wasn’t of my favorites. Maribel’s hair, necklace, and shoes do even more to bring down this look.