15.02.13

Beyonce Knowles For Vogue US March 2013

beyonce-vogue-cover-march-2013_144337662914

Beyonce Knowles graces the bumper March 2013 issue of American Vogue wearing a Givenchy Spring 2013 black-and-white look.

The rest of Beyonce’s editorial, which was shot by Patrick Demarchelier, sees her wearing a stunning red organza Alexander McQueen strapless gown, a Marni top with Haider Ackermann pants, a red Oscar de la Renta ruffled gown, a three-piece Rochas floral look, a ruffled-collar Marc Jacobs top and many more.

Before she embarks on a new world tour, The Mrs Carter Show, she talked to Vogue about life as a mum, her new album and how her HBO documentary helped her feel ‘free’.

In addition to her upcoming HBO documentary, ‘Life is But a Dream’, which airs on HBO on Saturday, the singer is set to reveal even more about her personal life when she sits down for the Sunday, February 16 episode of ‘Oprah’s Next Chapter’ on OWN.

Here are some extracts from her interview.

On becoming a mom: “I felt very maternal around eight months. And I thought I couldn’t become any more until I saw the baby. . . But it happened during my labor because I had a very strong connection with my child. I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door. And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn’t think about my own pain. . . We were talking. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication. . . My family and my closest people were there when I gave birth. Everything that scared me just was not present in that room. So for me to really let go and really appreciate every contraction . . . it was the best day of my life.”

On having more kids: “When I was younger, there were moments where I said, ‘I’m not going to have children.’ And then moments when I wanted four. And now I definitely want another, but I don’t know when.”

On giving Blue a normal childhood: “At some point it’s very important to me that my daughter is able to experience life and run through the sprinklers and have slumber parties and trust and live and do all the things that any child should be able to do. . . School visits and lemonade stands and all that stuff. It’s very important for me.”

On her new family life: “I feel like I have something that has grounded me so much more. Family has always been important. I’ve always had my mother and my father and my husband. But it’s just… Life is so much more than… It’s not defined by any of this.”

On splitting with her father as her business manager: “My soul has been tarnished… My father taught me so much about being a businesswoman. And I’m understanding him a lot now… A lot of the crazy things he did were necessary.”

Gwyneth Paltrow on her gal pal: “When she is working onstage, she has more power than any woman I’ve ever seen. She would never say it and has never said it, but I feel she knows with every fiber of her being that she is the best in the world at her job.”

Credit: Vogue.com

16 Comments
Front Row @ Calvin Klein Fall 2013

Front Row @ Calvin Klein Fall 2013

Pre-Order Fall 2013 Pieces From Moda Operandi Now

Pre-Order Fall 2013 Pieces From Moda Operandi Now

16 Responses to Beyonce Knowles For Vogue US March 2013

1. justme February 15, 2013 at 13:49 #

She looks beautiful but I find the editorial a bit boring. It would be great if she could stick to this hair colour btw lol.

My favourite pic would have to be the one where she’s sitting with the white top and grey trousers.

2. Moody Crab February 15, 2013 at 13:56 #

Beyonce is always extra, extra. I’m not even going to comment on “communicating with her baby during labour” ish. Like, lady, seriously?

Anyway, I like the picture where she’s sitting with the white top and grey trousers. She looks lifeless in the ODLR ruffled gown, specifically where she’s lying down.

All together it’s an OKAY editorial.

3. SilentVisitor February 15, 2013 at 14:44 #

Welcome back photoshop…………..Front cover picture has been photoshopped in a bad, very bad way

4. vicky February 15, 2013 at 14:57 #

The cover is too photoshopped, her mouth looks like Jessica Biel’s. Apart from the smiling photo it’s pretty expressionless. Gorgeous clothes.

5. Leela February 15, 2013 at 15:01 #

Clothes are a bit boring for Vogue, aren’t they? Her cover is a bit dull too, looks like a store catalogue.

I liked Beyonce much more when she was private & classy. I kind of admired her need to be taken seriously as a hard working artist & need for privacy. Hard to take her seriously after seeing her in GQ with her boobs hanging out and making a documentary/tumblr/instagram.

6. Amy February 15, 2013 at 15:04 #

I like the clothes but her face in the cover is just bland, she looks tired. Not a great cover

7. EmmaWoodhouse February 15, 2013 at 15:08 #

The cover is a bit bland, a bit too photoshopped but I like the McQueen, the de la Renta, the Givenchy and the Marc Jacobs shots inside. What she said about Blue was sweet, although I wouldn’t have named my child Blue.

8. arjun February 15, 2013 at 15:18 #

I do not know why, but I like beyonce when she take pauses in his career because when she released an album, I feel an overdose of overdoses, and then I was always find her on the covers boring, nothing new in his pauses or her face, and still the same thing on his perfect life and now she’s bother me with her baby, with her false deliveries, sexuality and other, bee, we know you did not delivers your child by yorself ,so she bring stories of miscarriages to attract attention, I am now tired of this woman and her fashionable style side??? because I see nothing in it, I would accept better if I saw solange on vogue. this is only my opinion.

9. Kathy February 15, 2013 at 18:34 #

This interview feels like fluff, besides the giving birth part which is just TMI. I love the photoshoot with its red, black, and white palette, but it’s hardly groundbreaking and not the best Vogue has done by any means.

10. laura February 15, 2013 at 18:40 #

she looks like eva mendes on the cover.

11. CreoleLady February 15, 2013 at 18:54 #

J’adore the cover. The beehive, the winged eye-liner, soft lip, the glow, all wonderful. The camera has long loved this woman’s face and I can’t imagine there was much need for Photoshop at all.

Now, a high fashion model, she’s not imo. I like her better unposed and/or playful or in motion (see eg Instagram). For me, her sister is the better “model” (loved the mix master campaign Solange did for, Madewell, was it?). The rest of the shoot doesn’t particularly move me but it is nice enough.

12. Haley February 15, 2013 at 22:10 #

Flawless!

13. msd February 16, 2013 at 00:51 #

It is getting tiring seeing her everywhere talking about herself endlessly. As for the shoot … it’s okay but it’s very conventional and all Vogue’s celebrity shoots look the same nowadays.

14. Christine February 16, 2013 at 03:50 #

Love the cover but the editorial is on the boring side.

15. Jess2 February 16, 2013 at 13:31 #

I think she looks great. The photoshopping is a little too much but the outfits and colours are great. My favourite is the Rochas ensemble. I really like Beyonce, I think she is incredibly talented.

16. serenissima February 17, 2013 at 04:02 #

Sigh. She just can’t pull off high fashion. I’d love to see a girl like Rihanna in this spread. Bey just doesn’t have the charisma.