Jennifer Lawrence In Valentino – The Hollywood Reporter Nominees’ Night 2013

Jennifer Lawrence In Valentino - The Hollywood Reporter Nominees' Night 2013

Jennifer Lawrence also changed into a second look for The Hollywood Reporter Nominees’ Night 2013 celebrating the 85th Annual Academy Award Nominees, held at Spago in Beverly Hills, California yesterday evening – thankfully.

We all weren’t too fond of her Chloe frock, but this Valentino Spring number fares much better.

The knee-length nude embroidered frock with a v-neckline was styled with a complementary pair of nude Brian Atwood ‘Wagner’ peep-toes.

What a difference a few hours makes.

Her hair is thicker and wavy, she is sporting a vivid pink lip colour and, for some strange reason, she’s several shades lighter than she was at her red carpet appearance earlier in the day.

Credit: Getty

Angelababy In Christian Dior Couture -  ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Angelababy In Christian Dior Couture – ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Hayley Atwell In Georgia Hardinge - London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Hayley Atwell In Georgia Hardinge – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

32 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Valentino – The Hollywood Reporter Nominees’ Night 2013

1. Henrique February 5, 2013 at 11:37 #

FC, actually it’s Valentino! http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2013RTW-VALENTIN look 21.

I prefer this look over the Chloe but she can do much better.

2. Tina February 5, 2013 at 11:38 #

This is Valentino 2013

3. The Very Simon G February 5, 2013 at 11:40 #

This doesn’t look Versace at all, and as much as I LOVE the OTTness of the label, this is a lovely frock!

4. Nat February 5, 2013 at 11:40 #

Much better than her previous look, although I wish the skirt was a bit shorter.

• Louise February 5, 2013 at 13:10 #

Sometimes I wonder if it’s just the angle the photographer is taking it making her legs look shorter and hence the skirt longer too

5. Araceli February 5, 2013 at 11:47 #

Versace? It’s Valentino

6. BeatofA February 5, 2013 at 11:57 #

wow this dress is not very Versace at all

• Rashmi February 5, 2013 at 12:00 #

Exactly! I had to double check the title , if this was indeed Versace!
      She fares much much better, but I still find her looks unpolished.

7. Ysatis February 5, 2013 at 12:19 #

I find Jennifer Lawrence’s face features quite unusual yet I can’t pinpoint exactly what. It may be her very high cheekbones, she always looks a bit puffy imo. Also the makeup for her hooded eyes is just wrong. The hair extensions craze is really getting out of control. She probably has the hair of 5 Indian women on her head. Subtle it ain’t.

The dress is much better than what she usually wears but it still nothing to write home about.

• Kittyvale February 5, 2013 at 12:57 #

Ha ha loved your comments – she has the hair of 5 Indian women! So true!

8. Anne February 5, 2013 at 12:26 #

This is leaps better than her terry cloth beach cover-up from earlier. Would have preferred this a bit shorter, but the dress is lovely. Not feeling the messy hair, though

9. shap_half February 5, 2013 at 12:31 #

Her color story here is quite refreshing. I did not anticipate quite the see-sawing fashion romp from Jennifer. I was expecting heaps better with lots of hits. We’ve gotten a handful, but most have been just ok or unflattering.

10. Angie February 5, 2013 at 12:32 #

She looks really good. Especially compared to the previous look.

But the dress is not Versace. It’s Valentino, look #21 from the spring 2013 collection: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2013RTW-VALENTIN/#21

11. newstep February 5, 2013 at 12:34 #

oh jennifer, please fire rachel zoe as your stilist.

12. Aly February 5, 2013 at 12:45 #

sorry, FC, but you have mistaken/ It`s Valentino dress http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/1001927/valentino-spring-2013-rtw-embroidered-dress-gallery.jpg

13. Neli February 5, 2013 at 13:00 #

FC, it’s Valentino Spring 2013!

14. TL February 5, 2013 at 13:14 #

It’s a little bit too low-cut for my taste, otherwise it looks better than her previous dress.

15. TeaAtTwo February 5, 2013 at 13:39 #

Definitely an improvement to the Chloe disaster. The lighter tan looks better but the hair just looks unnatural. The length balances out the cut at the bust somewhat and gives an evening out appropriateness.

16. dee February 5, 2013 at 14:57 #

I wish this was shortened to knee length but other than that she looks pretty good.

17. EmmaWoodhouse February 5, 2013 at 15:18 #

Too low cut, but otherwise a lovely look. Youthful and pretty, a great improvement.

18. Jai February 5, 2013 at 16:00 #

I feel like they always put too much makeup on her. She’s young and beautiful – I think a fresh-faced look would be much better. Dress and shoes are meh. She’s just not a fashion girl, but more importantly, she’s a great actress.

19. Moxie February 5, 2013 at 16:02 #

A big improvement over her previous outing.

20. Rebecca Z February 5, 2013 at 17:00 #

I really like this dress on her–pretty and youthful. I think she looks really pretty here.

21. arang February 5, 2013 at 17:42 #

Beautiful hair and makeup. The dress looks quite pretty on her. I feel like the neckline and the hemline need to be hiked up just a bit to look right, though.

22. Kathy February 5, 2013 at 18:39 #

Never thought I’d see the phrase “Jennifer Lawrence in Valentino”. I’ve always seen Valentino as a sweet, romantic brand for the likes of Emma Watson and Olivia Palermo. I really like this dress on Jennifer, but my only complaint is the length. Awkward, awkward, awkward. It really shortens her figure. Should be three inches shorter.

23. peggy February 5, 2013 at 19:27 #

this dress still looks awful I think…I dont like the original dress and I dont like it on JLaw. somehow it’s too thin for her thicker body.

24. Yeliz February 5, 2013 at 19:47 #

Maybe I’m the only one, but I don’t like this look, either. It is better than that Chloé disaster, but still, I’m not loving it. The dress could have been shorter and her hair and makeup aren’t the best, either.

25. Cris February 5, 2013 at 20:56 #

i truly admire the fact that she kills almost every single outfit she is in (not in a good way..) actually murders is a more appropriate word…

26. Christine February 6, 2013 at 03:50 #