Hayley Atwell In Georgia Hardinge – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Hayley Atwell In Georgia Hardinge - London Evening Standard British Film Awards

Hayley Atwell joined Eddie Redmayne and Andrea Riseborough on the red carpet for the London Evening Standard British Film Awards at the London Film Museum on Monday evening in the capital.

The ‘Sweeney’ actress wore a short-sleeved full-length dress by up-and-coming designer Georgia Hardinge.

The Parson’s Paris School of Design graduate created this glorious technicolour dress for her Fall 2012 ‘Inverted’ collection, which sings to my soul – both the colour and the print.

Opting to tone down the fiery print somewhat, Hayley styled her look with all-black accessories.

Smoky eyes and sleek straight locks completed her look.

Was Hayley right to play it safe with her accessories, or should she have gone bold, like her dress?

Credit: Vogue.co.uk & Getty

15 Comments
Teresa Palmer's Christian Louboutin 'Dufoura' Open Toe Booties

Teresa Palmer’s Christian Louboutin ‘Dufoura’ Open Toe Booties

Hilary Duff's Chinti and Parker Polka Dot Cashmere Sweater

Hilary Duff’s Chinti and Parker Polka Dot Cashmere Sweater

15 Responses to Hayley Atwell In Georgia Hardinge – London Evening Standard British Film Awards

1. Rebecca Z February 5, 2013 at 18:20 #

Love the print, but she doesn’t look great in this dress. I say go for bolder accessories and get rid of the belt–it isn’t doing her figure any favors.

2. sara February 5, 2013 at 18:24 #

Awful fit!

3. EmmaWoodhouse February 5, 2013 at 18:29 #

Love the print and the short sleeves but the style doesn’t particularly flatter and she should have gone bolder with accessories.

4. arang February 5, 2013 at 18:32 #

Hmmm. I want to like this dress, but from the knees down it just becomes too much (for me). I think some kind of deep blue would have been interesting for her accessories. The black seems almost too conservative for the dress.

5. Saree February 5, 2013 at 18:40 #

I would’ve preferred the runway version personally. I find the sleeveless quite awkward, at least on Hayley. Something about the belt irritates me, it could be that the print design is different to the runway version, which doesn’t need the belt due to the dark print around the stomach.

This could’ve been so much better.

6. Nat39 February 5, 2013 at 18:51 #

LOVE the print (!!), she didn’t need bold accessories to distract from this glorious print and to make the look overly fussy but her black accessories are a bit too dull and uninspiring for this look too. I like the addition of the oversized coloured statement ring, wish she’d opted for a smaller clutch in a complementary colour and a sandal.

• Yeliz February 5, 2013 at 20:01 #

ITA.

7. Marybeth February 5, 2013 at 18:56 #

I much prefer the runway dress. The short sleeves and belt make this look too boxy and take away from the flow of the print.
    I think the black accessories are okay, though deep blue (as someone above suggested) might be better.
    Or she might have gone with gold.

8. Stel February 5, 2013 at 20:30 #

Ugly print.. And this dress makes her look fat!

9. dee February 5, 2013 at 20:34 #

Don’t like the dress or the fit of the dress.

10. Dhppy February 5, 2013 at 21:24 #

It’s very interesting on the model, but Atwell’s version is frustrating; the print is different (I especially miss the darker tone at the waist), the fit is billowy rather than form fitting, and there are those cap sleeves and demure belt. I don’t get it. The print says “fiery”, but the fit says “flowery”.

11. Fiona - Perth February 5, 2013 at 23:20 #

Definitely needed to go bolder on accessories to pump up the glamour – print has a tendency to look daytime in photos so more sparkle would balance that.

12. Christine February 6, 2013 at 03:47 #

Ok look.

13. TeaAtTwo February 6, 2013 at 06:10 #

It’s an eye-catching print. I prefer the long sleeved version. I find the loose strap on the belt a tad distracting. Black accessories are ok, giving formality to the dress but these seem bulky to the look. Segrio Rossi ‘Murmansk’ in paprika would’ve be a great.

14. Ellie February 6, 2013 at 09:21 #

I love it! A very bold dress – she let it do the talking. Classy.