Michelle Dockery In Chado Ralph Rucci – 2013 SAG Awards

Michelle Dockery In Chado Ralph Rucci - 2013 SAG Awards

Michelle Dockery returned to her classic best on the red carpet at the 2013 SAG Awards, held at the Shrine Auditorium in California this evening.

The ‘Downton Abbey’ star wore a Chado Ralph Rucci black gown.

Her simple satin gown with a sheer trim was styled with a black and gold Bulgari clutch with a gold-embellished wrap around bracelet from the same designer plus black satin Rupert Sanderson ‘Elba’ pumps.

Opting for a similar swept faux bob like Giuliana Rancic, the actress completed her look with a dark pink lip colour.

I have a feeling some may be put off by this look because of the side boob.

Credit: Getty

26 thoughts on “Michelle Dockery In Chado Ralph Rucci – 2013 SAG Awards

1. AW

I like the side boob but overall this look isn’t special. From the front is appears to be a “uniboob” and the a-line seems matronly.

1. kane

I usually don’t mind side boobs, but it’s not working for me here, not least because the front is so “unibooby” indeed.

2. Lyo

Cheap looking cloth (some Halloween fabric sale? Because really, her and Jaime Alexander are using this ugly thing) plus sideboob is a no-no.

3. Molly

I actually adore her hair, its the dress that Im put off by. The gown doesnt seem to fit her and its not a good design. There must be so many designers that would love to dress Michelle, so why does she always decide to wear these unflattering gowns?

4. Nat39

The slight creases on the fabric aside, she carries off this look really nicely. She is feminine with an edge, her gold accessories punch up and complete the look very well, and I love her hair, it really suits her. Thumbs up from me.

1. Nat39

Looked again, somehow the side boob didn´t bother me, but I have to admit, this can´t be given a pass, it´s most definitely thumbs down.

5. Linda

I think she looks great. She’s confident, sexy and happy. The hair and red lippy make the look. I don’t mind the side boob at all, she has a lovely bust, nothing to hide.

1. unvacuous

Agree, I love the hair and makeup especially…. I think the simpleness of the front is to balance out the sexy sheer parts – and it’s not even showing that much.

6. AnderBoBo

You can tell with her recent looks she is really trying to distance herself from the mature Downton Abbey look. I think this is sexy in a very good way, unfortunate about the creasing but that is to be expected with that satiny fabric.

7. Alex

It’s not the side boob, it’s the dress on her and the styling.
    Matronly on a beautiful woman.
    She can, and has done, so much better.

8. EmmaWoodhouse

I love her hair but that’s it. SO disappointed, it’s even worse than her Emmys disaster. Boring, unflattering, and from the sides, trashy.

9. snowlion

It doesn’t appear to fit her well. I also have a larger bust and know to stay away from high necklines if I don’t want to appear larger, but in this case, add saggy to the mix.

10. Marybeth

I really love the hair and make-up.

I don’t like the dress. The tailoring around the waist is quite sloppy, scrunched rather than gathered and draped. Satin dresses always look cheap to me when they are not well tailored. So this is a thumbs down from me long before I ever get to the subject of the side boobs.

11. Fiona - Perth

Not great – such a shame as she could look amazing if she had some better styling help. The satin is unforgiving and this makes her look very long-waisted. We know she looks beautiful in a gown as we see her in Downton Abbey looking beautiful all the time, why can’t a British designer create something as beautiful but also modern, I am sure it is possible.

12. Jess2

I love this from the neck up. Her hair and makeup is beautiful and I love the earrings but I really don’t like the dress. The neckline, the sheer panels and the crumpled look around the mid-section are not doing Michelle any favours.

13. Anj

I have more issue with the front boob. The lack of support is unsightly in that material. Honestly, I don’t get why she keeps going for satin dresses. It never looks good on her!

14. Iris

I dont mind the dress or boobage but here is my gripe. Supposedly all this money surrounds celebrities, designers wanting to dress them and the best she finds is a dress style I would see at my work’s Christmas party. Cmon please ladies, you are living the dream for all of us so stun us :)

15. Suzy

She’s wearing Chado Ralph Rucci, which is an acquired taste! The gown may have been a little long on her but it’s very elegant, with hints of sexiness in the open-back detail.

Michelle Dockery is a great celebrity model for Ralph designs because of her fluid style.