10.01.13

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior – 2013 People’s Choice Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior - 2013 People’s Choice Awards

Being the big superstar that she is, Jennifer Aniston didn’t take to the red carpet for the 2013 People’s Choice Awards held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in California last night.

She was, however, captured backstage hugging her ‘Favourite Comedic Actress’ award wearing a Christian Dior leather dress.

My surprise here is twofold: firstly, that she’s not wearing Valentino and secondly, that she would select such an unflattering dress, which makes her appear wider than she actually is.

If she was going to stick to her formulaic LBD, I wish she had opted for a simpler, classic form-fitting silhouette.

No doubt her name alone will place her on many best-dressed lists, but it’s a no for me. Save the fit-and-flare dresses for the specialist, Kristin Davis.

Tom Ford black ankle-strap heels and Fred Leighton jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

Chloe Moretz In Simone Rocha - 2013 People’s Choice Awards

Chloe Moretz In Simone Rocha – 2013 People’s Choice Awards

27 Responses to Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior – 2013 People’s Choice Awards

1. Yeliz January 10, 2013 at 08:54 #

Not her best LBD look. I also don’t like her hair here.

• Jess2 January 10, 2013 at 12:41 #

2. Alina January 10, 2013 at 08:56 #

I’m bored.

• adrian January 10, 2013 at 22:23 #

+1 … and confused.

3. noo January 10, 2013 at 08:57 #

I like this look, it’s very 90s sitcom star (which she is) :D

• manja January 10, 2013 at 12:52 #

hahaha so agree with you on the 90s sitcom.but do not like it,and it’s not flattering at all,and of course as usually when she is concered it is boring

4. lola January 10, 2013 at 09:14 #

She is plain and simple too old for this. Her hair has beeen the same for 15 years…

• Christine January 10, 2013 at 15:21 #

+1 A big no from me too.

5. Manolia January 10, 2013 at 09:17 #

Please RCFA PLEASE add the worst dressed of the week sometimes i wish i can vote on this category :D

• Beta January 10, 2013 at 11:15 #

jaja me too! this definitely would be a contender for WDOTW

6. sanya January 10, 2013 at 09:22 #

I don’t like this look, I don’t like her hair and indeed she looks wider than she really is. But on the other side, I do like this effortless kind of dress on this occasion. People’s Choice Award is not gown red carpet to me. And many actresses make that mistake.

7. robbie January 10, 2013 at 12:16 #

BORING!!!!! head to toe snoozefest.

8. dee January 10, 2013 at 13:10 #

This is meh.

9. LOLA January 10, 2013 at 13:23 #

I’m sorry but it’s seems very difficult to look good in Dior these days.
    She needs to wear Tom Ford because it’s a little bit fun than those classic LBD she usually wears.

10. gabis January 10, 2013 at 13:47 #

Not one of her best moments. It can’t be good when you get your own style formula wrong.

• EmmaWoodhouse January 10, 2013 at 15:00 #

Yeah. This is totally bad and it’s supposed to be her thing! Worst dressed of the night.

11. AJ January 10, 2013 at 16:03 #

Her hair and makeup look perfect, but I agree that the dress isn’t very flattering. Maybe she’s expecting?

12. Anj January 10, 2013 at 16:06 #

Maybe it doesn’t photograph as well but watching it on tv, I’d say she was actually one of the best dressed. It’s fitted at the top and it’s short; having a flared skirt doesn’t make her look bigger, it just creates a balance with the other elements of the dress.

13. Andy January 10, 2013 at 16:22 #

This is the second event in a row that she has worn a dress that flows wider above the hips and covers up her belly. The first one was her appearance at Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Could she maybe be hiding a bun in the oven? I hope so.

Even so, I agree with most commenters, same formula over and over again. And while her hairstyle definitely works for her, it hasn’t changed in years. It’s time to add some funk to The Rachel.

14. Dhppy January 10, 2013 at 18:19 #

Not good.

15. J January 10, 2013 at 18:58 #

The attempt to toughen up what is an adorable pretty dress is soooo not smart.

She would have looked great in either of the colored, non-leather ones. Why oh why!?! And why oh why would Dior make this dress. Shame on them.

(http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/08/10/kerry-washington-in-christian-dior-hollywood-foreign-press-associations-2012-installation-luncheon/)

16. clee January 10, 2013 at 19:12 #

*YAWN*

17. Nat39 January 10, 2013 at 19:23 #

Major fail. The cut is really unflattering, doesn’t suit her, the fact that it’s leather doesn’t help either.

• Nat39 January 10, 2013 at 19:24 #

…a little tacky fit and flare dress.

18. pipsqueak January 10, 2013 at 19:33 #

This look says two things:
    1) Xena, the princess warrior meets Rachel Green
    2) Biker chick meets desperate housewife
    Either way you look at it, it’s tacky.

19. lyvm January 11, 2013 at 09:59 #

oh dear. i usually dont use the age-inappropriate card. this dress is ill fitting on her, her hair is so limp too.

20. Tea January 13, 2013 at 06:37 #

Pretty much a lone voice here but I like this on Jen! I feel like she’s experimenting a bit here with something a bit edgier (the leather) and a different silhouette than her usual sheath but not straying too far outside her comfort zone by keeping it black. And she does look comfortable and in my opinion good too! I’m struggling to understand the not age appropriate comments – I mean it’s leather but it’s not that short, it’s not low cut and it doesn’t have cut outs. What’s inappropriate about it? Also struggling to see the too wide illusion. The silhouette of the dress looks good to me…I can’t see why she shouldn’t wear a fit and flare dress…the skirt doesn’t look that wide…I mean she’s never going to look supermodel height…okay just not getting the negativity. The bodice/neckline/bare shoulders look great on Jennifer. I mean if I can only look so “age inappropriate” in a dress like that when I’m the same age then I say bring it on.