Gwen Stefani In Balmain – 2012 American Music Awards

Gwen Stefani joined her No Doubt band mates on the red carpet for the 2012 American Music Awards held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in California on Sunday evening.

She wore a Balmain Fall 2012 black velvet fully-embellished blazer with leather pants and a black bralet.

Black pumps, a silver crucifix and a pearl necklace accessorised her look.

While this is another good look for Gwen, she’s yet to excite me during this comeback. Everything has been OK, with little to no wow factor.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Carrie Underwood In Abed Mahfouz -  2012 American Music Awards

Carrie Underwood In Abed Mahfouz – 2012 American Music Awards

15 Responses to Gwen Stefani In Balmain – 2012 American Music Awards

1. Christine November 19, 2012 at 02:28 #

I loved her performance look over her RC look.

2. Odette November 19, 2012 at 02:33 #

I don’t know why she is called a fashion icon. She looks tacky or like a Hot Mess 70% of the time on the red carpet and performing. Her streetstyle sometimes is stylish, but I don’t think she deserves the title of ‘Fashion Icon’.

Especially when she shows up to an event with everyone wearing gowns and she wears a bra with a cross necklace. So Madonna.

• Parvati November 19, 2012 at 03:01 #

I just KNEW I wasn’t the only one that noticed the Madonna comparison! Way to rob an already undesirable style.

3. Angela November 19, 2012 at 02:35 #

My problem with this is the fit. The blazer is way too long, which in turn stumpifies her beautiful figure. For this look to be my liking, there would have to be a LOT changed. Right now it’s at a respectable 4/10.

4. Nat39 November 19, 2012 at 02:42 #

The blazer is gorgeous but I find she is overwhelmed by it, the shoe choice is a bit underwhelming, her hair and makeup are really beautiful. Overall nothing exciting, I agree.

• Yeliz November 19, 2012 at 08:26 #

5. EmmaWoodhouse November 19, 2012 at 02:48 #

Really dislike this look. Tacky (bralet, overembellished jacket) and dated.

6. Leo November 19, 2012 at 03:04 #

Ykes! The proportion is terrible for her body. Do not like this at all. Also, there’s always something fun and funky about her and this looks sad and frumpy.

7. mia November 19, 2012 at 03:18 #

Gwen has become plain BORING. and for someone who has such a great figure, flawless make up and strong stage presence – i expect WAY more from her.

how disappointing. and yes – that blazer looks HUGE on her.

8. Pedro November 19, 2012 at 05:22 #

It’s amazing to think that she is 44 years old!

She looks good, as always

9. robbie November 19, 2012 at 15:12 #

HOT!

10. Moxie November 19, 2012 at 15:14 #

Nothing original about a blazer over a bra. And the blazer is the wrong fit.

11. Grellz November 21, 2012 at 02:30 #

i scrolled past at first thinking it was Rita Ora… wow. not sure about this look on Gwen.

12. Macy November 23, 2012 at 23:43 #

To the contrary. I think she looks absolutely amazing. That blazer is a work of art that speaks volumes on its own. It’s constructed beautifully. Dangerously detailed and a powerfully fresh statement piece. I think she styled it well. For all that is going on in the blazer she complimented it with clean basics. Her hair and makeup compliment the look flawlessly.

13. Felicia December 24, 2012 at 11:08 #

Maybe it’s the angle of the camera or the fact that the model is taller but I prefer this look on the runway. It looks overwhelming on Gwen, makes her look frumpy in a way. But I love the blazer itself, I just love Balmain