22.10.12

Luxembourg Royal Wedding Guests

Princess Mette Marit of Norway: She is always one I look out for so I was quite disappointed by this easily forgettable look. She opted for a navy lace Valentino coat dress which she styled with nude Louboutin pumps with navy and gold ribbons braided into her hair.

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark: My favourite royal didn’t let me down, looking as uber chic as always wearing a maroon long sleeve dress with a peplum detail. An event appropriate OTT grey hat, a snakeskin Naledi Copenhagen clutch and black pumps completed her look.

Princess Sophie of Wessex: Flying the flag for Great Britain was Princess Sophie of Wessex. She wore an Emilia Wickstead mink-and-black horse-print dress with a ‘50s inspired silhouette. All black accessories, including a Jane Taylor hat, completed her look.

Princess Máxima of the Netherlands: Upstaging everyone in the hat department, Princess Máxima of the Netherlands wore a Fabienne Delvigne feathered fascinator with her Natan ensemble. This view might not be shared, but I do love her look which consists of a mustard lantern sleeve top with a grey fitted skirt.

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden: I wasn’t a fan of this look mostly because the dress was longer than the coat. Secondly, the coat is bunching up the dress and thirdly, I have a feeling her champagne coloured dress is a lot more appealing than her dove grey coat. Neutral coloured accessories including a chic fascinator accessorized her look.

Princess Letizia of Spain: Even though Princess Letizia of Spain is wearing an almost identical look to Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, the style and execution by Princess Letizia is so much more appealing. Don’t you agree?

Princess Marie Chantal of Greece: At first I thought her grey dress had an illusion panel, but on closer inspection it is just a contrasting panel. Apart from the hat, this is a great look which feels more modern than most of the others on this red carpet. She accessorized with a grey VBH crocodile clutch and nude pumps.

Princess Zeina of Jordan: This Matthew Williamson embellished wool-crepe peplum dress should look familiar to you. That’s because Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge wore the same dress back in April of this year. Princess Zeina styled her red dress with a red Bottega Veneta clutch and black pumps.

Credit: Getty

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg In Elie Saab Couture - Royal Wedding

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg In Elie Saab Couture – Royal Wedding

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg In Chanel & Elie Saab Couture - Civil Ceremony & Gala Dinner

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg In Chanel & Elie Saab Couture – Civil Ceremony & Gala Dinner

21 Responses to Luxembourg Royal Wedding Guests

1. Noemi October 22, 2012 at 08:17 #

Mary od Denmark, Letizia of Spain and Marie Chantal of Greece are my favorites, but I don’t like their hats.

• CreoleLady October 22, 2012 at 10:20 #

+1.

• Amy October 22, 2012 at 12:39 #

ITA.

2. T from Sydney October 22, 2012 at 08:35 #

Oh i love Crown Princess Mary!! Beautiful as always. Princess Máxima had the best head piece.

Ive just realised now looking at all the royals at the wedding it looks like all the Queens, Princesses etc only wear black or nude heels.

Thanks for covering the royal wedding FC!!

3. LeeAnn October 22, 2012 at 11:19 #

Sophie looks so frumpy in that dress. Mary and Letiza look perfect and chic and show how hats should be worn.

4. Beinta October 22, 2012 at 12:12 #

Mary’s clutch is from Naledi Copenhagen. :)

• Fashion Critic October 22, 2012 at 12:22 #

thanks

5. robbie October 22, 2012 at 12:42 #

definitely cant pick a favourite from this group they all look fantastic.

6. EmmaWoodhouse October 22, 2012 at 13:01 #

Mary, Sophie, Maxima, and Letizia are my favorites. They look AMAZINGlY chic. The others pale in comparison.

7. Christine October 22, 2012 at 13:23 #

Lime the dress by Princess Zeina of Jordan

• Christine October 22, 2012 at 13:23 #

Like the dress by Princess Zeina of Jordan

8. Ss October 22, 2012 at 13:33 #

Thank you FC for the coverage.

If im not mistaken, Mette-Marit’s coat is Valentino.

9. Hannah October 22, 2012 at 15:48 #

Everyone loks lovely and refined, but, and I checked in my disbelief, everyone is wearing nude of black pumps :(
    I know that they want to be appropriate, but to me there are appropriate shoes that are not as powerful as xanax.
    Princess Maxima is by far my favourite.
    Mary of Denmark’s hat is by Susanne Juul I do believe, and her pumps look prada.

10. argentina October 22, 2012 at 16:26 #

Pincess Maxima is the edgiest here, if we can talk about edgyness on a Royal Wedding. I love her, not only beacuse she is argentine but also beacuse of her sense of style. Otherwise Letizia looked lovely but that hat is too much for the petit princess.

11. dee October 22, 2012 at 16:50 #

I only like Princess Maxima and Marie Chantal’s looks from h2t.

12. Anita October 22, 2012 at 17:35 #

Princess Mary and Maxima look amazing. My poor Vic, dont like what she wore but liked her facinator.

I wish Kate would take note; especially from Princess Mary. I wish the other european Princess were given as much press as Kate because imo they strike a better balance of dressing/showing personality/sense of style and being event appropraite/”princess”.

13. Yeliz October 22, 2012 at 20:25 #

Princess Máxima, Princess Letizia and Princess Marie Chantal are my favourites.

14. Molly October 23, 2012 at 02:12 #

I have such a huge girl crush on Sophie so I instantly love everything the women wears but I cant help but wish that her dress was in a solid color, perhaps a deep purple? I think the print would have been better suited for an engagement than a wedding.
    I love Maxima and no one could pull of the crazy outfits as well as her!
    I really like Marys outfit but Im underwhelmed. I was hoping for more but I feel let down by the usually fabulous princess. Like Sophie, this would be better suited for an engagement than a wedding.
    I love Mette-Marits coat but she desperately needs a hat.
    Oh Vikki, I love you but burn that coat. Stick to Elie Saab magic, it is really in your best interest.

• Molly October 23, 2012 at 02:16 #

Also, I believe that Mette-Marits coat is by Valentino.

15. Shaiya October 23, 2012 at 06:36 #

My favorite is Maxima and Lalla Salma of Morroco. They looked so stunning apart from the bride, of course.

16. ILOVEWEDDINGS October 23, 2012 at 10:24 #

Princess Letizia is amazingly beatiful and elegant. With her charming prince, they are the most attractive couple by far! Marie Chantal is always very elegant, but she forgot her bra this time. I don´t think this is an appropriate look to go to church…and Mette Marit, black for a wedding? You can do much better!