10.10.12

Jennifer Lawrence Is Christian Dior’s New Face For Miss Dior

This morning Christian Dior announced that Jennifer Lawrence has become the new face of Dior, and will appear in the new Spring/Summer 2013 Miss Dior bag advertising campaigns.

The ‘Hunger Games’ actress will be taking over from Mila Kunis who has appeared in ads for the past two seasons.

This collaboration marks the first time the acclaimed young actress has collaborated with a luxury brand.

“It’s such a dream to represent an iconic brand that is synonymous with high fashion,” said Lawrence. “I’m so excited to be working with the fashion house and wear the new creations by Raf Simons. His most recent Haute Couture and Ready-to-Wear collections glamorously capture the modern era at Dior.”

I guess that means we will see more of Jennifer wearing Dior.

You may remember she wore a Dior Couture dress recently, along with two ready-to-wear looks, so are you excited at the prospect of seeing her wearing more Dior in future?

The bag advertising campaign will debut worldwide in March 2013.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

Nieves Alvarez In Carolina Herrera, Karl Lagerfeld, Juanjo Oliva, Oscar de la Renta, Sportmax, Rachel Roy & Christian Dior – Solo Moda

13 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence Is Christian Dior’s New Face For Miss Dior

1. chyc October 10, 2012 at 09:44 #

I’m just glad Mila Kunis has been replaced. I don’t dislike Mila but I don’t find her sophisticated enough for Christian Dior. Marion Cotillard was a more suitable spokesperson.

• Princess Chi Chi October 10, 2012 at 11:17 #

ITA to me neither of the two can match Marion. Jennifer, while gorgeous, doesn’t seem like a Dior lady to me

• Beta October 10, 2012 at 13:39 #

Marion Cotillard is pure french sophistication. Agree with you guys that she has no match. Love Jennifer and Mila though jeje, I just think Marion is on another level fashion-wise.

• Amy October 10, 2012 at 14:31 #

ITA. I feel like fashion houses are running out of spokespersons (weird) because the latest choices don’t make it for me . I love J-law and worship Mila Kunis but seriously when I think Dior none of them comes to my mind.They’re great but just don’t suit the brand
        Charlize Theron for me is pure Dior. Even if I’m not a fan I must admit that Marion C and Eva Green match the brand too

2. Anne g October 10, 2012 at 11:00 #

I knew it. Jennifer wore a lot of dior’s clothing recently.
    I think Jennifer will be a good ambassador, she is funny, not conceited, talented and very beautiful. Excellent choice for dior.
    In addition there is much talk of Jennifer for the Oscars and the release of Hunger Games 2.

3. LeeAnn October 10, 2012 at 11:37 #

In a word .No. I wasn’t a fan of Mila but this is worse

• Yeliz October 10, 2012 at 21:14 #

Totally agree.

4. Christine October 10, 2012 at 14:52 #

I can’t wait to see the ad.

5. Noemi October 10, 2012 at 18:20 #

I think that lots brands keep on choosing their ambassadors looking at blockbusters or movie awards. She’s a promising young and cute actress, and they need somebody who is appeal for the young generation.

6. Jones19 October 10, 2012 at 20:57 #

She’s not a Dior girl. Not a fan of this.

7. Jarrold October 10, 2012 at 21:37 #

Im praying the merger wont affect her youth appeal. She is such a pretty girl I would have for Dior to make her look 30

8. EmmaWoodhouse October 11, 2012 at 21:57 #

Jennifer doesn’t seem very much like a Dior girl to me. I’d see her doing Gucci…anyway, I like all three of her dresses shown but aren’t sold on hair or shoes.

9. Amber October 15, 2012 at 12:40 #

I kind of saw this coming when she exclusively attended a Dior show a few seasons ago and then she obviously wore the Couture gown which made a pretty big impact. I’m a little surprised Mila Kunis is being replaced so quickly and although she wasn’t an obvious choice, I think she looked gorgeous in her ads.
    Can’t wait to see Jennifer’s ad though, it’s about time a fashion house took notice of her potential.