02.10.12

Jennifer Lopez In Dana Budeanu – Chanel Spring 2013 Presentation

Following her night out in Paris, Jennifer Lopez was up nice and early for the 10:30am Chanel Spring 2013 presentation during Fashion Week this morning.

Her front-row appearance may seem surprising to many of you as Jennifer is more of a Gucci, Pucci, uber-sexy girl than a Chanel girl, but this could be the start of a change in style direction, you never know.

On this occasion she took her front-row seat with her daughter wearing a cute Dana Budeanu white-lace mini dress with a plunging neckline.

A Chanel quilted clutch, diamond jewels and the same Tom Ford pumps she wore last night completed her look.

I love the dress, but it seems like it would be better suited to someone like Hailee Steinfeld or Elle Fanning. Sweet JLo doesn’t always work for me. I prefer her when she goes all-out diva.

The shoes worked well with her last look, but on this occasion I feel like she only travelled with one pair of shoes to Paris because they don’t work at all with this cutesy white dress for me.

Note: This afternoon the house of Dana Budeanu sent me an email to confirm that the dress Jlo is wearing was not Chanel but Dana Budeanu so the post has been updated.

You can buy Jennifer’s Tom Ford pumps from Bergdorf Goodman

Credit: Getty

Carine Roitfeld for M.A.C. #LeBal

Carine Roitfeld for M.A.C. #LeBal

Selma Blair's Siwy Camilla Cut Off Shorts

Selma Blair’s Siwy Camilla Cut Off Shorts

79 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Dana Budeanu – Chanel Spring 2013 Presentation

1. The Beauty Haul October 2, 2012 at 16:05 #

Oh dear I’m worried that JLo might just topple over in this picture. She looks like a skittle….

• Niki January 30, 2013 at 01:01 #

Hehehe… That’s exactly what I was thinking!

2. Christine October 2, 2012 at 16:08 #

She is not selling this look to me. I like diva Jlo not sweet Jlo. I don’t buy her as a Chanel girl.

3. BioAnthroChick October 2, 2012 at 16:09 #

I think I would like the look a lot better if the dress were a bit longer (just above the knee) and paired with edgier hair (maybe a slicked back ponytail). I also agree that the accessories don’t go well with this look. I love her and her amazing confidence, but I think this look needs to be tweaked a bit. I don’t have a problem with the dress specifically, just the length and the way it’s styled.

• sara October 2, 2012 at 22:18 #

I totally agree… beautiful dress but bad length and bad styling.

• sara October 2, 2012 at 22:20 #

Also, she looks like she got ready in a big rush and put together some random pieces that were laying around like her shoes from the night before and a random bag that happened to have some cream in it just to run out the door.

4. Mick October 2, 2012 at 16:11 #

Mmm no, she’s definitely not a Chanel girl. Plus this look is too youthful for her, is too short and does not suit her body type at all.

• dee October 2, 2012 at 17:10 #

ITA.

• Noemi October 2, 2012 at 20:51 #

I agree with you, the dress is very cute but it’s not for her (age) and I hope this is the last time I see her in Chanel, it’s nonsense.

• Yeliz October 3, 2012 at 11:39 #

Agree with all of you.

5. Aatis October 2, 2012 at 16:12 #

She’s too sexy for Chanel.Please still be a Gucci or Versace girl!

6. Kiran October 2, 2012 at 16:25 #

She is definitely more of a Diva dresser but that Chanel Couture she wore to 2001 Oscars is still one of my favourite JLo moments.

7. Rash October 2, 2012 at 16:26 #

The second pic is really good. I mean, if this wud have been a floor length gown it wouldnt have looked bad and awkward at all!

But this is just NO for Jlo, even her pose is making this look terrible.

8. dressaddict October 2, 2012 at 16:29 #

Yeap, I totally agree with you, nice, but not for her!

9. Molly October 2, 2012 at 16:34 #

I love the dress, too, but this look is a hundred kinds of wrong for La Lopez. Too short, too sweet, and not with black. The ribs-up photo is better…. The dress fits her beautifully, but the bottom part, the part below that picture, is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

10. Anita October 2, 2012 at 16:34 #

She also had a cropped jacket on with it FC – it looks infinetly better.

without the jacket it looks awkward and too sweet for her.

• amanda October 2, 2012 at 17:35 #

yes anita, it looks 100% better with the jacket and totally fine, just saw pics of her at the valentino show in a hot pink dress!!!!

• dee October 2, 2012 at 18:58 #

I agree, it does look better with the jacket.

11. Rita October 2, 2012 at 16:53 #

When I saw this picture it just seemed wrong. She’s so not a Chanel girl, she will always be JLo the diva.

12. Crystal October 2, 2012 at 17:20 #

i would love to see this dress on blake lively cos it will be sext
    i wouldnt mind to see this dress on taylor swift cos i know it will be sweet and cute
    i wouldnt even mind any actress under the age of 20 wear this dress but jlo, as much as she has a killer body, she killed this dress completely. something is not right!

13. eleanor:) October 2, 2012 at 17:25 #

OH gosh! I really hope i won’t see haille or elle with that kind of clivage any time soon!!!:O

the dress is OK on her.

14. Eirwen October 2, 2012 at 17:34 #

How can she insist making this sexy face while wearing Taylor Swift’s dress?

This makes me laugh so hard, oh my.

15. Lola October 2, 2012 at 17:44 #

This style does not look good on a curvy woman…evidently! Most grownups don’t do cute/sweet very well…taylored simple styles accentuates her beautiful curvy body in a much more flattering manner

16. cristina October 2, 2012 at 17:51 #

the chanel grey dress she wore at the oscar a few years ago still one of her best red carpet ever! this dress is not for her and these 2 pictures doesn’t help her(they were better pictures where it looked ok)

17. Hannah October 2, 2012 at 17:54 #

My issue with this dress isn’t even so much that it is sweet as that it is too innocent and youthful for Jennifer. The accessories work horribly with the look. Had this been paired with sexy strap sandals, a lighter coloured bag, and had the skirt been mroe tapered, like a pencil skirt, and goen to teh knee, this would have worked divinely.

18. Fiona-Brasil October 2, 2012 at 17:57 #

Concerning her last two looks (the red and this white one), someone is trying too hard to look young.She is in desperate need for a big mirror…

• Molly October 3, 2012 at 02:33 #

Agree completely about the mirror. I occasionally try on a dress that I adore, but see that it is just too short for somebody my age. There is a point at which this really becomes a consideration, and she is there. Doesn’t mean you can’t be incredibly sexy, but it is awfully hard to pull off sweet and twee in middle age.

19. Ellie October 2, 2012 at 18:05 #

Maybe as a gown? The top looks beautiful, but those shoes…yikes.

20. Amy October 2, 2012 at 18:12 #

I think she looks nice. Once in a while you have to change a bit. I wish the dress was longer,had a waistline and not the babydoll shape but other than that she looks really pretty

21. k.b.s October 2, 2012 at 18:44 #

the dress is too young for her. When is she going to accept her age?
    I do, however, like the pink hued make up.

22. Moxie October 2, 2012 at 19:31 #

Too young looking for her.

23. Agathe October 2, 2012 at 19:39 #

I strongly disagree about the jacket, I think it doesn’t improve the look at all. It makes her waist bigger.
    From the other pictures without the awkward pose and sexy face, it doesn’t look so much of a failure, although it’s still not quite right.

24. robbie October 2, 2012 at 21:08 #

too short and too old for this dress.

25. pipsqueak October 3, 2012 at 04:33 #

I think the shoes matched the dress, but the dress didn’t match JLo’s body or identity. I saw this post first, w/o knowing the previous one where she wore the same shoes. I liked the shoes instantly. However, JLo is just not a Chanel girl. I also don’t think age is an issue. It’s a case of identity crisis here.

26. Blah October 3, 2012 at 06:16 #

I love it!!. Your comments about the sweetness levels are hilarious though!!! LOL!

27. Pene October 3, 2012 at 08:55 #

totally age inapproriate, her face (esp given that FC picks the best picture) just tells you that even she knew that the look was not working

28. CC October 3, 2012 at 09:11 #

again, skirt is toooo short! come on! you are past a certain age. this dress is for a younger girl. cover those arms and those thighs.

CC

29. Stephanie October 3, 2012 at 13:02 #

I am in my late 30s and sometimes I love something when I try it on in the store….then I realize that it would look appropriate on someone 10-15 years younger than me and I don’t get it! My issue is not with it being Chanel as it being too cutesy young for her. But overall, I don’t like JLo style personally, though I recognize she has a killer body and Works her clothes. I think it may be because I see her more as a brand and she works at her clothing as promoting that brand.

30. DM October 3, 2012 at 13:42 #

That is not a Chanel dress! It’s a Dana Budeanu dress! :) http://www.danabudeanu.ro

31. Melanie October 3, 2012 at 14:01 #

This in not a Chanel dress. It is a dress made by a Roumanian designer called Dana Budeanu

32. MM October 3, 2012 at 14:02 #

The dress is made by romanian designer Dana Budeanu.

33. Bianca M. October 3, 2012 at 14:20 #

The dress is not Chanel. The brand is called 22 Just Love by Dana Budeanu, a Romanian stylist and designer. You can check her page and the dress here:

34. Sabina October 3, 2012 at 14:31 #

FC – this is actually not Chanel as some other publications have also stated. It’s a dress by Romanian designer Dana Budeanu:

35. dressaddict October 3, 2012 at 14:43 #

Rumour has it it was not a Chanel dress, but a romanian designer Dana Budeanu one.

36. roxana October 3, 2012 at 15:08 #

Hello, Fashion Critic. Someone in my country, Romania, claims that the dress worn by JLo is from a local designer, not Chanel. I really hope the dress is Chanel…

37. TM October 3, 2012 at 15:34 #

According to a romanian designer Dana Budeanu and her PR this is her dress.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=358879717529837&set=a.238562952894848.58525.235786733172470&type=1&theater “The dress Jennifer Lopez wore at the Chanel presentation.”

38. Dora October 3, 2012 at 17:25 #

A romanian(Delia Budeanu) designer says that JLo is in her dress at Chanel Presentation.

are you sure that is a Chanel dress?

39. Diana October 3, 2012 at 17:25 #

I think it is not a Chanel dress.

40. Dora October 3, 2012 at 17:40 #

A romanian designer (Dana Budeanu) said that J.Lo is wearing her dress at Chanel Presentation.
    Are you sure that is a Chanel dress?

41. Cristina October 3, 2012 at 18:26 #

The dress is by Dana Budeanu, not Chanel :).
    Here, you can find it in her collection: https://www.facebook.com/DanaBudeanuOfficial

42. Camelia October 3, 2012 at 19:57 #

Sorry to dissapoint you people but that’s a dress designed by Dana Budeanu!!!

43. Axi October 3, 2012 at 20:10 #

TOO BAD…BUT THIS IS A DELIA BUDEANU DRESS…NOT A CHANEL ONE…

• Fashion Critic October 3, 2012 at 21:43 #

It is actually Dana Budeanu, which just goes to prove how easy it is to make a simple mistake.

44. Immo October 3, 2012 at 20:18 #

Seems this isnt a Channel dress but a Dela Budeanu one, sources on internet says.. including the designer Budeanu :-) Now i wonder who is copy who or its just a simple mistake?

45. anda October 3, 2012 at 20:48 #

this is NOT A CHANEL dress is A DANA BUDEANU DRESS(she is a romanian dasigner)check http://www.facebook.com/DanaBudeanuOfficial

46. Julia October 3, 2012 at 21:21 #

FC–Camelia is right! This is not a Chanel dress. It’s a DANA BUDEANU dress. She’s a romanian designer. A very talented one also.

• Fashion Critic October 3, 2012 at 21:31 #

Yes, I know, the designer wrote to me and asked to change the post but I have been in Paris all day without access to the internet.

47. Claudine October 4, 2012 at 10:16 #

it isn’t a chanel dress

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2012 at 10:35 #

did you read the text or the title…..? This was changed yesterday. Your comment came today.

48. Gia October 4, 2012 at 10:28 #

Oh my…isn’t the power of the people just touching…

49. Laura October 4, 2012 at 10:32 #

JLo is wearing a dress created by Romanian designer DANA BUDEANU,not Chanel.

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2012 at 10:34 #

please keep up, the post was changed yesterday. Did you not bother to read the title or the text?

• Laura October 4, 2012 at 10:52 #

you can’t accept the criticism

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2012 at 11:05 #

What are you talking about?

I received the email yesterday when I was traveling with no access to the internet. The second I got back to London I changed it. By then readers had left several comments saying the credit was wrong and I kept them up.

If I couldn’t accept I was wrong I would have deleted the post or deleted the comments.

I wasn’t the only one to credit the dress as Chanel. EVERYONE did, because it is common for a celeb sitting in the front row to wear a dress by the designer. In fact is is usually mandatory.

The fact of the matter is you left the comments AFTER the post had been changed. You are clearly looking for trouble, but unfortunately for you I do not have the time, energy or patience to indulge you.

Second fact until yesterday Dana Budeanu was unknown to me and several people outside Romania.

• roxana October 4, 2012 at 12:01 #

a very good answer, FC! i adore you and your website is one of the best for me!

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2012 at 12:18 #

thank you…I usually don’t like to reply to trouble makers, but in this case the person needed to be told a few facts.

• Pene October 11, 2012 at 14:15 #

FC it was just a polite correction. No need to throw words

50. EmmaWoodhouse October 5, 2012 at 02:53 #

OmG Fc ThIs DrEsS wAs DeSiGneD bY DaNa BuDeAnU nOt ChAnEl!!!!
    LOL, sorry, that was totally jk. I can’t believe everyone’s being so ridiculously dramatic and repetitive when you are taking the time to post at all between fashion shows! Don’t let it get to you. Such silliness has no bearing on how awesome you are! I know I’m rambling but just wanted to say thanks a million for everything. People can be negative and critical with no reason.
    As for the dress itself, I don’t like it. It’s tiny and skimpy and looks so comical on Jennifer–particularly with her black shoes and clutch. An elegant fitted sheath would have been a 100% better.

• Linda October 6, 2012 at 15:50 #

Totally agree, Emma! I can’t believe how many people commented about the brand when it’s just a tiny error and it had already been corrected. Chin up, FC, I think people just like to try and bring down people like you who are successful.

• Fashion Critic October 6, 2012 at 16:43 #

thanks Linda x

51. Lou October 5, 2012 at 16:05 #

You’re right FC – this does not suit her at all. JLo would look much improved if the dress was longer in length – instead she looks like she’s trying to dress much younger than her years, which is shame when she looks as amazing as she does!

52. nokia October 6, 2012 at 09:42 #

I wonder why she wore this dress and a dress from an unknown designer to a Chanel show?!

• Dora October 7, 2012 at 01:18 #

that is a good question…JLo needs to fire her stylist immediately…this is a BIG mistake!

53. Maya D October 7, 2012 at 04:00 #

I agree ! Who is this dana budeanu . Nobody hear about her in USA or Europe . Come on , don’t kill the mesager ! Behave yourself Romanians girls , I was reading about this “designer ” she has no clue , just trying to still somebody else’s creations. Typical Romanian stifling shows, fashions, and other people’s ideas. So behave !

• Julia October 7, 2012 at 14:04 #

I think you should watch your spelling before!!!!!