18.09.12

Keira Knightley For Vogue US October 2012

Keira Knightley looks as regal as ever on the cover of American Vogue’s October 2012 issue wearing Chanel Couture…of course…with her latest movie ‘Anna Karenina’ set to hit theatres with a limited release on November 16th.

The British beauty continues to stun in the rest of her editorial which sees her wearing yet another Chanel Couture gown, Dior Couture, Valentino Couture and costume from the Anna Karenina movie, designed by Jacquelin Durran and shot by Mario Testino.

Keira talks to the mag about everything from being a feminist, to wanting to do another theatre performance and her fiancé James Righton.

Here are some extracts from her interview.

On being a feminist: “I remember doing interviews, and people would ask, as if it was a joke, ‘So you mean you are a feminist?’ As though feminism couldn’t be discussed unless we were making fun of it. I don’t want to deny my femininity, but would I want to be a stay-at-home mother? No. On the other hand, you should be allowed to do that, as should men, without being sneered at.”

On wanting to do another live performance: “I’d love to do a new play. I think it works particularly well with period drama. The characters that you like will often say something directly about your own life choices.”

On accepting challenging on-screen roles: “I’m not really interested in the kinds of women who just take their clothes off or have a sex scene and then say something cool. I think a lot of people want to play heroic characters, and that’s it, but I don’t find that very compelling. It’s far more interesting to think about characters whose actions don’t always make sense.”

On her character Anna Karenina: “She is both a villain and a heroine. She can be incredibly vain and manipulative. She is somebody who breaks her own moral code, and yet the shame and disgust she lives with because of that make her fascinating.”

On whether she’ll spend Christmas with her family or fiancé Jame Righton’s family: “I have no idea; it’s a massive question. My family was just four and very simple. Now all of a sudden it’s breaking into different parts. I cannot imagine my mother letting us go.”

Credit: Mario Testino for Vogue

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Jason Wu - 2014 BET Awards

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Jason Wu – 2014 BET Awards

Taylor Swift For Glamour US November 2012

Taylor Swift For Glamour US November 2012

10 Responses to Keira Knightley For Vogue US October 2012

1. Christine September 18, 2012 at 14:48 #

So regal. But the Photoshopping is getting too crazy. She looks beautiful without it.

2. dee September 18, 2012 at 16:38 #

I like the cover and the last 2 pictures.

• AnnaLee September 18, 2012 at 18:19 #

I agree. The other pictures are so photoshopped, she looks so weird. The pictures in the woods and the cover look way more natural. Keira doesn’t NEED photoshop!!!

• admmgz September 19, 2012 at 00:31 #

3. currygirl September 18, 2012 at 17:17 #

The photoshopping is way too scary. It just makes her head look HUGE! The cover is lovely, but the pictures inside are a bit creepy.

4. the(un?)social butterfly September 18, 2012 at 18:55 #

I´m really just trying to understand why Chris Hemsworth is not in that Magnificent Seven list. It just doesn´t make any sense.

• EmmaWoodhouse September 19, 2012 at 03:09 #

Yes! Lol he should be there :)
      As for Keira, the cover is OK–she’s prettier than that in real life–but I love the last two pictures and the dramatic Chanel white gown.
      Her comment about not wanting to be a stay at home mom made me wonder if she’ll change her mind when she had kids. Time will tell. I’m sure she and her husband will find what work for them, when they tie the knot.

5. Hannah September 19, 2012 at 01:20 #

This could have been such a gorgeous and refreshing cover, but there is so much text on the cover it literally draws focus away from teh cover and is in harsh contrast to the beautiful and simple photo. Vogue Us is seriously turning into a celebrity gossip magazine for me, even the headlines (about male celebrities who seem irrelevant to fashion and how to reduce celulite, for example) remind me of cheaper magazines. Imagine how beautiful this could have been if they had gone the Vogue Italia or Paris route and had one headline max on the cover.

• Niki September 23, 2012 at 12:53 #

6. Anne G September 22, 2012 at 05:41 #

What is with the gauntlet? It looks like she is wearing some kind of arm brace or armour.