Christina Hendricks In Jenny Packham – 2012 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

The 2012 Creative Arts Emmy Awards took place at the Nokia Theatre LA Live on Saturday evening.

Christina Hendricks opted to wear a Jenny Packham Fall 2012 gown.

I went back and forth as to whether I liked this gown and I concluded that I love the silhouette. Whoever is dressing Christina now, finally knows how to dress her body type.

What bothers me is the print. I find it far too busy especially with the addition of the overwhelming shoulder detail.

Could’ve been great, but sadly it’s a no for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sarah Hyland In Zimmermann - Variety's 6th Annual Power Of Youth Event

Sarah Hyland In Zimmermann – Variety’s 6th Annual Power Of Youth Event

Eva Longoria In Monique Lhuillier - 2012 ALMA Awards

Eva Longoria In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 ALMA Awards

16 Responses to Christina Hendricks In Jenny Packham – 2012 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

1. firien September 17, 2012 at 08:48 #

totally agree with you, FC. What I’d ditch is the shoulder detail.

• Yeliz September 17, 2012 at 10:46 #

2. Beta September 17, 2012 at 09:08 #

yes it’d be better without the shoulder flower. I think women with a heavy top part can be better off with cleaner silhouettes (no fuss) on the top.
    she’s very pretty, she has an enviable figure imo

3. Fiona September 17, 2012 at 09:31 #

Agree completely, the shape is beautiful, but if it was all black or midnight blue etc it would have been stunning. Still, this is a massive improvement so we are getting somewhere.

4. rebecca o September 17, 2012 at 10:31 #

Way too busy. It makes her look huge.

• Alina September 17, 2012 at 11:23 #

I agree.

• Christine September 17, 2012 at 13:47 #

Sadly, I agree. The print is fussy and not flattering.

5. Jones19 September 17, 2012 at 13:01 #

I really can’t agree with you on that her stylist is dressing her the right way for her figure. I have a similar figure to Christina’s and I would never wear that, it’s way too busy and the shoulder flower really makes her bust look too big.

6. EmmaWoodhouse September 17, 2012 at 13:08 #

I love the dress on the runway, but I think that this large (though beautiful) print would only work on some one tall and very slim, like Cate Blanchett. The print and the shoulder detail overwhelm Christina, although this is better than what she usually wears.

7. carolina September 17, 2012 at 13:26 #

I agree with everyone (a rare thing :)). I wonder how this would look in an irridescent peacock blue/green silk, sans the neck bow? Love the gown, though.

8. CreoleLady September 17, 2012 at 13:33 #

I think the print breaks up the expanse of bosom in a very flattering way. Love the colors, glad the necktie piece of the detail was discarded.

9. dee September 17, 2012 at 13:47 #

This still isn’t quite working for me. It isn’t terrible but it is far from great.

10. Anne g September 17, 2012 at 15:03 #

I love the dress on her.
    I think most of you must be indulgent because christina has a silhouette apart in Hollywood. It must be difficult to dress when you have a voluptuous body without being vulgar and dated.

• dee September 17, 2012 at 16:53 #

I think it is unfair to assume that we are being indulgent. I think Christina has a great figure but I just don’t think most of the things she wears flatters it.

11. Nat39 September 18, 2012 at 01:54 #

The print and the bow detail aside, I totally agree about the silhouette – this is the most flattering cut for her body type I’ve seen on her. In a slight defense of the bow detail (or even the print) – it somewhat takes quite a bit of attention away from her bust that tends to dominate all of her looks.

12. Dhppy September 18, 2012 at 20:10 #

I actually like this gown on her. I think the print actually makes her breasts appear more manageable than most of her outfits. Also, it nips in nicely at the waist. I like this a lot.