Dree Hemingway In Marc Jacobs – ‘Starlet’ Locarno Film Festival Photocall

Earlier this afternoon, Dree Hemingway was also in Switzerland attending the 65th Locarno Film Festival to promote her latest movie, ‘Starlet’.

The model/actress joins a growing list of celebrities who have fallen in love with the Marc Jacobs Resort 2013 collection.

At this rate the whole collection would’ve hit the red carpet by September.

Dressed in red, white and blue degrade floral shirt-dress with a pleated skirt; she styled her look with white plimsolls.

Opting for a simple beauty-regime she pinned her ombre hair behind her ears, completing her look with no makeup.

This quirky look works for Dree, but I prefer the scoop-neck version presented in the look book.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Beauty Trend Spotting: Emmy Rossum's Grey Nails

Beauty Trend Spotting: Emmy Rossum’s Grey Nails

Jessica Alba's Cocobelle Aztec Sandals

Jessica Alba’s Cocobelle Aztec Sandals

20 Responses to Dree Hemingway In Marc Jacobs – ‘Starlet’ Locarno Film Festival Photocall

1. Nat39 August 7, 2012 at 20:49 #

I think it’s a disaster from h2t – from the awkward dowdy dress itself to her dull hair and makeup and those white plimsolls. A thin belt, a pair of sandals, undone top button and a bit more inspiring hair and makeup would’ve helped.

• Alina August 8, 2012 at 05:40 #

I agree. This is a complete disaster.

2. Dhppy August 7, 2012 at 21:34 #

I was never a Marc Jacobs fan, but this collection, in particular, seems hideous. I don’t know what others are seeing in these dresses.

3. Moxie August 7, 2012 at 21:59 #

She looks like she’s on her way to teach nursery school. Positively schoolmarmish.

• carolina August 8, 2012 at 04:55 #

Don’t insult teachers. This is an awkward look altogether that was not enhanced by the ugly shoes. About the only thing I don’t mind is the pattern mix, which at least is cheerful!

• Moxie August 8, 2012 at 15:39 #

Most teachers have more fashion sense than this, but many of the ones I know who teach young children dress more for comfort than fashion, since they never know when they’ll need to be crawling around on the ground.

• Sara August 8, 2012 at 16:24 #

LOL @Carolina, totally understand where you are coming from but how about…
        “Positively schoolmarmish, like in Little House on the Prairie” ;)

4. jo August 7, 2012 at 22:08 #

I don’t get why the ugliest resort collection is the most worn collection. I’m beginning to think that Mark really hates women.

5. Yeliz August 7, 2012 at 23:26 #

I dislike this look. A lot.

And I agree with jo. I really don’t understand the love for this collection.

6. Vera August 8, 2012 at 00:10 #

Oh, my grandmother would wear something like that when shopping. She used to say those shoes were the best for long walks and the colorful dress never failed to attract the attention of the clerks :P

7. bm August 8, 2012 at 00:14 #

My attention for this picture is to the blazer that model worn on the look book. I’m in love with it.

8. bas August 8, 2012 at 00:38 #

Hideous dress, and terrible styling. This is a total mess. I would have preferred the scoop-neck version, but it would be an ugly dress nonetheless.

9. Rebecca Z August 8, 2012 at 01:26 #

There are some great fabrics in this collection, but not a fan of a lot of the clothes. Maybe he just wants women to look like he does in a dress.

10. Incroyable August 8, 2012 at 06:02 #

This is one of the most vile outfits I have ever seen. Cannot believe it’s real.

11. Anna August 8, 2012 at 11:49 #

What I can’t even process is that there must’ve been a moment when she looked in the mirror and said to herself: “Yep, looks great. I’ll wear this to a photocall. Where pictures of me will be taken. So I NEED to wear comfortable shoes with this dress. Oh, and I better button up, so that nobody would even see my collarbones.”

12. robbie August 8, 2012 at 13:29 #

yep this collection really does look like julie andrews knocked it up from hideous curtains.

this is a head to toe disaster.

13. Christine August 8, 2012 at 14:02 #

Not a fan of the styling or this dress on her.

14. Lara August 8, 2012 at 14:14 #

Ugggghhh. Just uggghhh

15. andrea August 8, 2012 at 21:36 #

WTF. How can you possible look in the mirror wearing this milkmaid meets grandma frump of a dress, wearing worn-in Keds and declare “Wow I feel like an amazing woman in this”. Come on get real this is hurting my eyes, sorry Marc. The model looks like an idiot too.

16. EmmaWoodhouse August 10, 2012 at 03:50 #

Although the collection has some whimsy, most of it is loud and unattractive, while at the same time very dated. This is no different. I feel like the fabric could have been good in a smaller dose, but it’s just too much. And the sneakers? NO.