03.08.12

Nikki Reed attended the Carmen Steffens West Coast Flagship store opening at the Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, California yesterday evening.

The ‘Twilight’ star wore a McQ Alexander McQueen dark green cable-print ruffle dress for the occasion.

On this rare occasion I love the look from head-to-toe.

The fringed booties add a fun element to her look, as does her yellow Rebecca Minkoff ‘Spring’ lizard embossed minaudière for a glorious pop of colour.

It’s rare that I get excited about a Nikki Reed red carpet look, but there is a first time for everything.

Luscious waves and a glossy lip colour completed her look.

McQ Alexander McQueen dressAlexanderMcQueen.com and Saks.com
Rebecca Minkoff clutchNordstrom.com.

Credit: FameFlynet

Sonam Kapoor In Victoria Beckham - '24' Mumbai Launch

Sonam Kapoor In Victoria Beckham – ’24′ Mumbai Launch

InStyle’s Summer Soiree Red Carpet Round Up

InStyle’s Summer Soiree Red Carpet Round Up

12 Responses to Nikki Reed In McQ Alexander McQueen – Carmen Steffens West Coast Flagship Store Opening

1. Rebecca Z August 3, 2012 at 17:33 #

I like the shoes, but find the clutch jarring–I think it detracts from this interesting print–as does the ruffle on the bodice. All that said–she looks pretty, but I prefer the dress as you presented it below.

• Nat39 August 3, 2012 at 20:15 #

Agree completely. The shoes work well with the dress, supporting it well, but even though green and yellow work so well together, the clutch still doesn’t work, it only detracts from the print, totally agree – a simple black, complementary embellished emerald-green, or tiny gold minaudiere would’ve done the job, I really think she didn’t need that glorious pop of colour here.
      Also would’ve loved if the dress created a better curvier more flattering silhouette on her as one presented below.

• Jones19 August 4, 2012 at 23:11 #

Agree too. The bright yellow draws attention from the beautiful print on the dress.

2. Yeliz August 3, 2012 at 17:36 #

I don’t like her booties, but the rest of the look is great. I love the pop of colour via her clutch.

3. Odette August 3, 2012 at 18:12 #

Love the look. To Nikki’s credit, she has had a great 2012 and late 2011, so I am surprised some people still don’t like her style. She is still getting the hang of the red carpet thing but now she is getting into her stride.

Ashley Greene is the personification of the Hollywood Starlet (perfect smile, A-List stylist, works out every day with a personal trainer, attends tons of parties, has designer ties), so of course she became a red carpet star before any of her co-stars.

4. dee August 3, 2012 at 18:26 #

I don’t like the way the dress looks on her at the bosom area. Don’t like the shoes either.

• Fashion Critic August 3, 2012 at 19:07 #

5. Leti August 3, 2012 at 18:50 #

I instantly fell in love when I saw this look. I agree that Nikki doesn’t always get it right on the red carpet, but on this occasion, I think she got it right, head to toe. If I had to quibble, I might wish that the clutch was a bit daintier (though I love the color). I also think the bodice looks a bit baggy, but I still love the overall presentation.

6. TeaAtTwo August 3, 2012 at 19:47 #

I really like this look, it’s fun and flirty. I wasn’t totally sure about the booties being black but they’re growing one me. Going through her looks on here, I think she’s had some nice looks.

7. Christine August 4, 2012 at 03:17 #

The dress will look better on someone with curves.

8. Alina August 4, 2012 at 06:50 #