Jessica Biel In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Total Recall’ LA Premiere

Jessica Biel was very pretty in pink at the ‘Total Recall’ premiere in LA yesterday evening as she joined her co-star Kate Beckinsale on the red carpet at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre.

There was a time when we had to wait for Charlize Theron and Marion Cotillard to hit the red carpet to see a Christian Dior Couture look; now we’ve been blessed with two this week.

Jessica followed Rachel Weisz wearing a stunning baby pink strapless gown with a nipped-in waist, exaggerated hips and outer pocket detail from the recent Fall 2012 Couture collection.

The accessories are perfect. Yes I’m giving props to her white Louis Vuitton toe-cap pumps which work perfectly with her white Jimmy Choo clutch.

However, the jewels are a tad over the top.

Everything about her look is so pretty and dainty until you get to the Tom Binns necklace and earrings. They detract from what would’ve been a perfect 10 look.

Do you love or loathe Jessica’s jewels?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Beckinsale In Armani Privé - 'Total Recall' LA Premiere

Kate Beckinsale In Armani Privé – ‘Total Recall’ LA Premiere

Kristen Stewart's Reem Acra Gown

Kristen Stewart’s Reem Acra Gown

67 Responses to Jessica Biel In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Total Recall’ LA Premiere

1. SilentVisitor August 2, 2012 at 08:49 #

I love love love this look……..

• Beta August 2, 2012 at 09:24 #

2. let August 2, 2012 at 08:52 #

hate the jewels!!!

3. bm August 2, 2012 at 08:58 #

I can overlooked her necklace, coz sometimes I found it very cute. I love this look too, just as much as Kate’s.

4. Fiona August 2, 2012 at 08:59 #

I am torn on the jewels, as I am a massive fan of Tom Binns normally but I see your point that they are overpowering the dress. Love the dress, the fit is perfect, I like her hair swept away is nice too. Perhaps just a slightly more delicate jewelry would have been better …

5. Martin August 2, 2012 at 08:59 #

The dress is simply sensational but Jessica’s styling has brought tears to my eyes. And they’re not tears of joy unfortunately.

The earrings, the necklace, the shoes and the clutch cumulatively destroy this look for me. The white of the shoe and the clutch is too jarring against the pink and that necklace and earrings are the very definition of unnecessary.

After two massive hits (in the form of Marion Cotillard and Rachel Weisz), this look is a major Dior disappointment for me. Such a shame, because this dress is purely divine. This look deserved someone with a finer eye for accessorisation than Jessica.

• Rash August 2, 2012 at 09:24 #

Agree with you on all the points ! She does look beautiful, but thats all bcoz of the stunning dress. I also feel the length is a bit long..
      Everything else is making the look crowded.

Want someone to please wear this beautiful dress again and correctly :)

• Sara August 2, 2012 at 16:30 #

I’m having a hard time with the dress length as well. LIke the lenght much better on the model. The accessories don’t bother me as much.

• Sara August 2, 2012 at 16:32 #

LOL, i looked at the close ups and now totally agree with the bulky jewelry. Way too much.

• Magdalena. August 2, 2012 at 18:43 #

Another problem I see is her attitude, she’s just standing there without trying to ‘sell’ us the look. She doesn’t look confident in this dress imo.

• towada August 3, 2012 at 13:37 #

i want diana kruger wear it with perfect styling ;)

• VirginiafromAmsterdam August 3, 2012 at 15:53 #

Tottaly agree!

6. Mick August 2, 2012 at 09:02 #

This Dior couture collection is everywhere now! I love the dress (but it’s a bit too long on her) and the shoes+clutch combo with it, but I agree that the jewellery is too OTT. Plus, Biel always fails to excite me on the RC, she breathes no life in what she wears. Overall, I much preferred Beckinsale’s look at this premiere.

7. Isa Reis August 2, 2012 at 09:03 #

In my opinion, this is not a dress for Jessica. I like the shoes and the cluch also, but simple diamond earrings and a clean updo would make it all better.

8. Caro August 2, 2012 at 09:04 #

Agree entirely with you FC. Just imagine this look just with a nice pair of diamond earrings (and maybe a diamond bracelet too?) and no spaghetti-gone-rogue necklace. It would have been perfection…

9. Louise August 2, 2012 at 09:16 #

That dress is blow me away gorgeous but you are right, the necklace is a bit OTT. Something more subdued would have matched better. But still BDOTW worthy I think.

10. Charlotte August 2, 2012 at 09:17 #

It’s too much.
    The necklace is too big, the earrings would have been enough.

• Rebecca Z August 3, 2012 at 17:25 #

11. Anna August 2, 2012 at 09:18 #

Such an incredible dress (which FITS her perfectly). Good shoes-clutch. And then the necklace.. oh God, WHY?

12. Zissou August 2, 2012 at 09:27 #

I am not the biggest fan of the dress itself, but the actual problem here is that Jess just isn’t tall enough to pull this off – the dress ages her horribly.

• dee August 2, 2012 at 13:35 #

13. Fiona-Brasil August 2, 2012 at 09:37 #

I love Jessica, one of the most beautiful girl in the world.But don’t like the styling.Again the problem of the wrong dress lenght , otherwise sensational.I like the necklace without earrings, both together are too much.I don’t particular like the shoes, sandals like the model, would look better…Sack the stylist!

14. d August 2, 2012 at 09:48 #

LOVE this DRESS! But jessica didnt do it justice :*(

15. Katie August 2, 2012 at 10:07 #

I think the colour is divine on Jessica but i think the dress a small bit too long on her, she still looks gorgeous

16. Molly August 2, 2012 at 10:15 #

I LOVE the dress, however on Jessica, not so much. She needs to shorten it about eight inches, then loose the necklace and swap out the pumps for a strappy sandal.

17. Alina August 2, 2012 at 10:56 #

I think she pulls off the entire look beautifully.

• hauteness August 2, 2012 at 23:19 #

yeah me too! I actually love the tough contrast that the necklace brings to this look.

18. Kathy August 2, 2012 at 11:35 #

Love, love, love. Wow, a definite 10/10 for me! I think the jewels work because of the white toe-capped pumps. They go together. The dress alone would’ve just been meh, because Jessica couldn’t have done it justice WITHOUT all the extras. But thank goodness she added them.

19. Laura August 2, 2012 at 12:27 #

Loathe, Loathe, Loathe. I have to say this is one of the worst looks of the year. The girl has no style or panache. Hideous styling that has butchered a stunning gown.

20. rebecca o August 2, 2012 at 12:45 #

The necklace is awful. It takes away from the minimalistic dress instead of adding to it. If you are going to wear statement jewelry then you need a dress to match it.

21. GirlOne August 2, 2012 at 12:53 #

Who wears a dress like this to the premiere of an action movie??

22. TL August 2, 2012 at 12:57 #

Wish the dress could be shorter, and a simple necklace would be better also.

23. Christine August 2, 2012 at 13:04 #

She cannot pull off this look, sadly. I love the shoes but the styling here is a disaster. Why the hair down, why not up? Why that necklace, along with the earrings? This look is not working for me.

24. Fer August 2, 2012 at 13:11 #

JEEESUSSS!, without that necklace this look could had been a showstopper. She almost gave me goosebumps but well… with that necklace… /: so close.. so closee

25. NotAGirl August 2, 2012 at 13:25 #

She looks absolutely atrocious. Way to ruin the cool minimalism of this look. No sense of style whatsoever. I would even go as far to say that this would probably make my Top 10 worst outfits of the year so far (well unintentionally ugly outfits because Nicki Minaj would top the list every time).

26. effieee August 2, 2012 at 13:32 #

Her hair is awful. She should’ve worn an up-do,

27. Paulo August 2, 2012 at 13:36 #

Leave it to Jessica to ruin this look! Marion and Rachel both looked great but Jessica just does not. Hate that length on her along with the accessories and shoes.

28. Lalitha August 2, 2012 at 13:48 #

I loathe the shoes!! She should have done peeptoes like the model. Love the colour, and the dress, but I am not sure if she is doing full justice to this. And too much happening with that necklace!!

29. Radhika August 2, 2012 at 14:14 #

The entire look is overwhelming her. The dress is too long, the jewelry is too bulky, the shoes and purse look too bulky against the over-detailed ornaments. The ridiculous combination is just an overdone hairstyle away from a total disaster.

• Bree August 3, 2012 at 01:20 #

Completely agree! She does look pretty but everything looks almost suffocating.

• Eirwen August 3, 2012 at 01:20 #

I share the same thoughts.

30. FelipeA August 2, 2012 at 14:40 #

I love this dress, but when i look at the photo i see the dress on Jessica Biel, not Jessica Biel in the dress. It’s amazing how such a simple dress completely takes over Jessica’s body, making her look like she shrank in the wash. The necklace does pollute the look, but that’s not the real problem. Plus, the dress in such a girlie delicate shade of pink doesn’t really match Jessica’s red carpet persona.

31. Yeliz August 2, 2012 at 14:45 #

I like the necklace itself, but definitely not with this look, the earrings would have been enough.

All in all, I still love this look though. The gown is simply breathtaking!

32. Leti August 2, 2012 at 15:11 #

As with ESPY’s, I’m loving this look from the waist up. I don’t mind the bold accessories, and the bodice is so flattering to her tiny waist. I don’t love the detailing on the bust, but I can live with it. For me, the skirt looks very heavy between the length, the volume, and the detail on the hip. Overall, I love her styling and would have liked to see her in a more flattering dress (something more sleek) that served as a better backdrop to her awesome accessories.

33. Brooke August 2, 2012 at 15:23 #

I can live with the white shoes and bag, as they inject a bit of summertime freshness. But the necklace kills this entire look stone-dead for me. I like to think you can sort of see in her expression that she knows she’s taken a misstep.

34. Hannah August 2, 2012 at 15:40 #

I maintain that I seriously disliked the collection, but it is working well on the red carpet so far. The fit of the dress & teh hair and makeup all work perfectly together, but the jewellery doesn’t go with the clutch and shoes. The clutch and shoes are very clean & retro, and the jewels are more vintage and intricate, without the necklace it woudl have been a much more cohesive look.

35. Anj August 2, 2012 at 15:54 #

The necklace, I could do without, but that hemline needs to be shorter for sure. The length makes her look dumpy and short.
    Also, did she go back to darker hair again or is it just me?

36. unvacuous August 2, 2012 at 16:51 #

I like the dress on the model, but on Jessica it would have looked better if it were a column. She has beautiful shoulders but they are slightly broad, and the flared hips only accentuate wideness.

I’m glad her hair finally looks sleek but this is the wrong hairstyle, a chignon or updo would have worked more, competes less with all that busy jewelry.

37. ohwell August 2, 2012 at 17:24 #

shouldn’t a couture dress supposedly fit the wearer perfectly? in this case, the dress looks way too long on her and the silhouette, especially on her hips is so ill fitted. now it seems like dior has become a celeb-to-go fashion house, (eg marchesa) which is a far-cry from its heyday.

38. ash August 2, 2012 at 18:00 #

I don’t like it on her, she’s just sooo dull.. Man, and that’s one of my favourite dresses from the collection too.

39. Jovana August 2, 2012 at 18:30 #

She looks like a bobble head cartoon. The length of the dress, hair, tacky jewelry. I hate it all. Jessica Biel never could dress, anyways.

• stephanie August 2, 2012 at 19:35 #

agreed! she does not have what it takes to pull this look off.

40. LizLemoooon August 2, 2012 at 19:52 #

Jesus Christ!
    What a disaster! Ugh this girl is so basic, that too long boring hair, the hideous necklace and earrings those clumpy shoes and that shape on her body? No
    What a head to toe mess
    Only thing I like is the clutch

41. Leeann August 2, 2012 at 20:52 #

I saw the picture and died a bit inside. the necklace . The shoes. Wrong. How could she?

42. LeeAnn August 2, 2012 at 20:54 #

Oh and the earrings– why?

43. Jones19 August 2, 2012 at 22:30 #

No no no! The accessories ruin this beautiful pink dress!

44. Aline August 3, 2012 at 00:03 #

I thought the clothes from this collection couldn’t get any worse and then Jessica went and paired one of them with this horrible necklace and tadam a whole new level of UGH.

45. Dhppy August 3, 2012 at 06:53 #

Oh, Jessica Biel. How does such an amazing looking girl keep getting things so wrong? The necklace is weighing down this beautiful dress, and the shoes don’t seem evening wear appropriate.

46. MEME August 3, 2012 at 08:40 #

Eenie Meenie Miney Moe…. one of these things have got to go…. too much jewelry…. she should’ve worn smaller earrings…. this chile just ruins anything fashion related for me….

47. towada August 3, 2012 at 13:35 #

perfect dress but with this styling she ruined it :(..

48. TeaAtTwo August 3, 2012 at 19:31 #

I mentally compare how she amazing would’ve looked if styled like how it was on the runway (sans gloves)to how did actually accessorized it and I cry a little.

49. Nadine August 3, 2012 at 20:03 #

The length, the necklace, the hair & infernal lack of lipcolor are just making me mad.

50. Emi August 4, 2012 at 06:27 #

First of all I think this collection is very beautiful and when I saw it I hoped to see it worn on many red carpets. Said that, I think she looks great and even if I think that the jewels are a bit too much I love this looks anyway even I would have shorten the dress because I prefer the runway version, taken off the earrings, added a bit of colored lipstick and chosen a pink or silver clutch. Then it would have been perfect! :-)

51. Jess2 August 4, 2012 at 10:46 #

I think the necklace is the only thing wrong with the look. I think the earrings would have been just enough. A great look!

52. gabis August 4, 2012 at 20:00 #

I love this look. I don’t think I remember loving a look from Jessica Biel as much as this one. I love the candy pink dress coordinated with the white/silver accessories, the very light/nude makeup, the hair. Even the excessive jewelry I can cop with but I cant deny I wish she had left the earrings at home.

53. Parvati August 9, 2012 at 20:26 #

I don’t mind the jewelry, but what bothers me here is the length of the dress. I think it makes her look really short.

54. Eimear October 19, 2012 at 15:04 #

How to cheapen a Dior dress… add clunky white shoes and too much jewelerry, satin peep toe heels in bright pink or pale cream/pink, and simple diamonds would have be perrrrfect.