Menu

19.07.12 Advertising

Mila Kunis’ Miss Dior Fall 2012 Ad Campaign

There is perhaps no contemporary star who quite represents the modern woman the way Mila Kunis does. Which is why I find it amazing and appropriate that she should find herself as the face of the new Miss Dior Bag Fall/Winter 2012 campaign.

Lensed by Vogue favourite Mario Sorrenti, Kunis appears in a series of photographs and a video inspired by 1950s Hollywood glamour. Although a thoroughly modern icon, Kunis looks timeless and elegant in the black and white shots.

Her large hair bow, dark makeup, and sky-high heels capture both an innocence and high fashion aesthetic that is extremely compelling.

In fact, Dior describes the photographs as, “The very essence of the House of Dior.”

Quite a compliment indeed.

Credit: Courtesy of Dior

Anne Hathaway In J. Mendel - 'The Dark Knight Rises' After-Party

Anne Hathaway In J. Mendel – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ After-Party

Mischa Barton In Temperley London - Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve Launch Party

Mischa Barton In Temperley London – Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve Launch Party

11 Responses to Mila Kunis’ Miss Dior Fall 2012 Ad Campaign

1. Rebecca Z July 20, 2012 at 05:27 #

It works for me. I like the photos and I love Mila–I think she looks gamine and adorable.

2. Dan Oliver July 19, 2012 at 19:36 #

I love Mila she looks flawless the campaign is not anything special and only time will tell if she is a good fit for the brand but i really like her.

3. Christina July 19, 2012 at 17:06 #

I agree with the overall tone above.

VERY boring pictures. It’s as though someone at Dior said ‘Hey, let’s try ‘Old Hollywood Glamour’ with a few soft focus black and white shots. Nice idea, though a little banal, but it just hasn’t worked here.

And I don’t see Kunis as a good fit for Dior at all. She would suit a more ‘street-wise’ American brand, not a classic Paris fashion house.

• Bec July 19, 2012 at 17:49 #

Word.

4. Amber July 19, 2012 at 16:36 #

Not liking the styling at all. she looks good in a few shots but overall it’s a meh campaign

5. Andreas | Indian Fashion July 19, 2012 at 16:15 #

I really love the campaign. I definitely agree that Mila Kunis represents the modern woman. She looks absolutely gorgeous and fits very well in these kind of shots!

6. Ade July 19, 2012 at 15:05 #

What a boring campaign. I put more effort into my passport photograph than this.

7. Kelly July 19, 2012 at 14:20 #

Forgive me for not understanding, but how exactly does she really represent the “modern woman” so well? I guess I just don’t get it…I got why Natalie Portman, and I get why Marion Cotillard and Charlize Theron, but I just don’t get Mila Kunis in this role.

I also agree with dee that this styling does not suit her. I think she looks much better in more laid-back looks.

• lifeisdolce July 19, 2012 at 14:57 #

totally agree with you. she’s cute and funny but she’s not miss christian dior, i’m certainly not awed by her.

8. Christine July 19, 2012 at 14:06 #

Gorgeous. If only she can translate some of this to the RC.

9. dee July 19, 2012 at 14:05 #

I don’t care for her hairstyle and bow. It doesn’t seem like its her. I don’t know if she is a good fit for Dior.