19.07.12 Advertising

Mila Kunis’ Miss Dior Fall 2012 Ad Campaign

There is perhaps no contemporary star who quite represents the modern woman the way Mila Kunis does. Which is why I find it amazing and appropriate that she should find herself as the face of the new Miss Dior Bag Fall/Winter 2012 campaign.

Lensed by Vogue favourite Mario Sorrenti, Kunis appears in a series of photographs and a video inspired by 1950s Hollywood glamour. Although a thoroughly modern icon, Kunis looks timeless and elegant in the black and white shots.

Her large hair bow, dark makeup, and sky-high heels capture both an innocence and high fashion aesthetic that is extremely compelling.

In fact, Dior describes the photographs as, “The very essence of the House of Dior.”

Quite a compliment indeed.

Credit: Courtesy of Dior

Zoey Deutch In Christian Dior - 'Vampire Academy' Sydney Premiere

Zoey Deutch In Christian Dior – ‘Vampire Academy’ Sydney Premiere

Best Dressed Of The Week - Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture

Best Dressed Of The Week – Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture

11 Responses to Mila Kunis’ Miss Dior Fall 2012 Ad Campaign

1. dee July 19, 2012 at 14:05 #

I don’t care for her hairstyle and bow. It doesn’t seem like its her. I don’t know if she is a good fit for Dior.

2. Christine July 19, 2012 at 14:06 #

Gorgeous. If only she can translate some of this to the RC.

3. Kelly July 19, 2012 at 14:20 #

Forgive me for not understanding, but how exactly does she really represent the “modern woman” so well? I guess I just don’t get it…I got why Natalie Portman, and I get why Marion Cotillard and Charlize Theron, but I just don’t get Mila Kunis in this role.

I also agree with dee that this styling does not suit her. I think she looks much better in more laid-back looks.

• lifeisdolce July 19, 2012 at 14:57 #

totally agree with you. she’s cute and funny but she’s not miss christian dior, i’m certainly not awed by her.

4. Ade July 19, 2012 at 15:05 #

What a boring campaign. I put more effort into my passport photograph than this.

5. Andreas | Indian Fashion July 19, 2012 at 16:15 #

I really love the campaign. I definitely agree that Mila Kunis represents the modern woman. She looks absolutely gorgeous and fits very well in these kind of shots!

6. Amber July 19, 2012 at 16:36 #

Not liking the styling at all. she looks good in a few shots but overall it’s a meh campaign

7. Christina July 19, 2012 at 17:06 #

I agree with the overall tone above.

VERY boring pictures. It’s as though someone at Dior said ‘Hey, let’s try ‘Old Hollywood Glamour’ with a few soft focus black and white shots. Nice idea, though a little banal, but it just hasn’t worked here.

And I don’t see Kunis as a good fit for Dior at all. She would suit a more ‘street-wise’ American brand, not a classic Paris fashion house.

• Bec July 19, 2012 at 17:49 #

Word.

8. Dan Oliver July 19, 2012 at 19:36 #

I love Mila she looks flawless the campaign is not anything special and only time will tell if she is a good fit for the brand but i really like her.

9. Rebecca Z July 20, 2012 at 05:27 #

It works for me. I like the photos and I love Mila–I think she looks gamine and adorable.