Anne Hathaway In Prabal Gurung – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ New York Premiere

I was delighted to see that Anne Hathaway didn’t wear black to ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ which took place at the AMC Lincoln Square Theater in New York City yesterday evening.

She dazzled wearing a beautiful white Prabal Gurung Resort 2013 gown. I actually gasped when I saw her.

With an on-trend peplum, her jersey gown with a plunging neckline and cowl back also has a bejewelled exposed corset.

This might be why Anne decided to go light on the jewels, selecting simple diamond-stud earrings and a silver bracelet.

Anne’s crop, which has been the subject of much debate amongst you, was simply side-swept with a pretty pink lip colour accentuating her full lips.

I am absolutely captivated by the beauty of Anne in this gown. She has had many false starts in the lead up to this premiere, so does this look make you forgive and forget?

You can buy Anne’s Prabal Gurung gown now from ModaOperandi.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anne Hathaway In Whit - BBC Radio One

Anne Hathaway In Whit – BBC Radio One

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture - ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ New York Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ New York Premiere

52 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Prabal Gurung – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ New York Premiere

1. Alina July 17, 2012 at 09:15 #

Stunning !

2. nat July 17, 2012 at 09:20 #

She looks beautiful, but I wish she carried a clutch and wore some earrings – the look is a bit too minimal and plain.

3. seangarrette July 17, 2012 at 09:30 #

I don’t know what’s been going on with Rachel Zoe’s clients lately. they styling is always a let down and a little lackluster. This hair cute and gown made the perfect canvas to do a beautiful diamond jeweled story and she missed the opportunity. she looks amazing but it could’ve been even more amazing with the right accessories.

4. izzy July 17, 2012 at 09:36 #

I want to love it I swear I do, and I looked at the different pictures to see if the angle was the problem, but it’s not “wowing” me in the way Anne used to. As a fan of her previous promo tours I’m hoping for a little more from her. While I like it and I can’t complain, I can’t help but still be a bit disappointed. I’m hoping she gives us a Atelier Versace (Venice Film Festival) moment.

• CreoleLady July 17, 2012 at 14:15 #

Me, too, want to love, can’t. First, the Rooney Mara syndrome — black, black, white, dull, dull, dull. Second, jersey in a gown. The only jersey gown I’ve seen that I like was the Doo Ri purple gown worn by the first lady, Michelle Obama. Not liking the fabric so much here. Third, the fit in the torso is not particularly flattering.

It’s ok. Anne has done much better imo.

• tiffany July 17, 2012 at 21:51 #

+3 – Yep. Ain’t happening.

5. fromchi-town July 17, 2012 at 09:36 #

She looks beautiful.

6. Leisa Conway July 17, 2012 at 09:41 #

She looks great in the pictures from a distance but when you get up close i hate the way the fabric falls. I think it’s one of those dresses that would look awful on anyone.

7. Laura July 17, 2012 at 10:21 #

I’ve been flummoxed so far by Anne’s short hair looks. They all look “off” to me. I think we need see her in tougher/sexier pieces in order for this haircut to really come alive. Plus, she’s promoting herself as CATWOMAN for lord’s sake! show us some edge! Flowy/white isn’t really doing it for me.

• Dee July 17, 2012 at 11:21 #

I agree.

• dee July 17, 2012 at 13:21 #

I completely agree.

• Christine July 17, 2012 at 14:12 #

Thank you!! I agee.

8. D July 17, 2012 at 10:22 #

MISSING SOME NICE EARINGS!!!!!!

9. TL July 17, 2012 at 10:47 #

I love the pink lip, but not a fan of the dress.

Don’t like the drape back and the twisted part on the shoulder. Plus, she needs a clutch.

Can’t take my eyes off Christian Bale, he’s hot!

10. Louise July 17, 2012 at 10:51 #

Lovely! I would have liked a clutch too.

11. Maria July 17, 2012 at 10:53 #

i agree. with the hair she needs to go edgier.

I also do not feel that white is the right colour for her pale skin. I would have loved this dress in a different shade.

12. Martina July 17, 2012 at 10:56 #

I love this, I think she looks stunning! I’m happy she didn’t wear over the top jewelry when there’s that bejewelled exposed corset. I would love to see this in BDOTW poll ;)

• Liana July 17, 2012 at 15:41 #

I feel like the simple look with her figure and hair just work really well here.

13. olivia July 17, 2012 at 11:00 #

I think Anne looks so ethereal and just beautiful, her hair looks great too. It annoys me that people are so quick to judge it, it was done for a film role and I think she has really made the best of the situation. Whether her hair is long or short she still looks amazing.

• Rebecca Z July 17, 2012 at 14:27 #

I agree, but I think she needs to be styling it a little better. Unfortunately, this gown is not a home run for her. It is too long–seems kind of too big all around. She seems tentative.

• Nat39 July 17, 2012 at 19:05 #

Totally agree with you Rebecca Z. on the size of the dress – it’s simply a size too big for her -hence too long, and low and awkward in the chest area (can’t blame her for looking so uncomfortable, probably worried about that boob tape, looks like it’s hardly holding her bust in place)

14. Andreea July 17, 2012 at 11:39 #

I really like the dress,but i think that some diamond eardrop earrings would’ve made the look even better.I don’t really like Anne’s short hair though…

15. rita July 17, 2012 at 12:06 #

This dress just doesn’t do anything for me. I mean it’s pretty and thank God it’s not black but still I feel nothing.

• dee July 17, 2012 at 13:21 #

16. A July 17, 2012 at 12:41 #

I’m finding this kind of boring.

17. robbie July 17, 2012 at 12:44 #

nice but i was expecting so much more. love it from the neck up though she has such an uadrey hepburn look about her.

18. Dolly July 17, 2012 at 12:46 #

Seriously underwhelmed when this should have been ‘wow’. The fabric looks really cheap when it probably cost a fortune and the overal impression is just rather blah. Anne has looked miles better in the past

• Christine July 17, 2012 at 14:14 #

19. bm July 17, 2012 at 13:57 #

I absolutely love it, and I love the minimalist take this time, it working.
    BDOTW imo.

20. Karen July 17, 2012 at 14:11 #

I miss her hair. The dress is pretty amazing though, I would expect nothing less from Rachel Zoe.

21. Christine July 17, 2012 at 14:13 #

The dress is beautiful no doubt! But I am still bored. I guess my expectations from her during this promo tour were higher than sky.

22. Fraser July 17, 2012 at 14:23 #

Oh Anne. How I was looking forward to your batman promotion. But no.

Think everyone has covered it – too minimal, no edge, not enough accessories And on top of that, the twisted straps look like something i would do to make a dress out of my bedsheet. Well not me. Unless I was on project runway.

The hair definitely makes here a tricky one to style. Who knew she had a long neck? And it appears Ms Zoe isn’t stepping up to the mark.

FC – I think you should definitely start a “what would I style them in” feature. You’ve done it with shoes, time to do the whole outfit me thinks. Anne and Britney are definite candidates that need your help ASAP.

F x

p.s. thank you as always for your fab blog. Never grow tired of it!

• Fashion Critic July 17, 2012 at 14:37 #

thank you…I think I will leave to the professionals :)

23. Yeliz July 17, 2012 at 15:47 #

I like it, but I’m not wowed. I didn’t expected her to wow me anyway since her promo tour was just boring, therefore I’m not going to say that Anne can do much better.

24. Ericka July 17, 2012 at 16:34 #

She is killing it here. All is forgiven for me. The short hair is really beginning to grow on me, she pulls it off well. Gorgeous, clean simple look. BDOTW worthy.

25. Faellie July 17, 2012 at 16:35 #

The proportions of this dress are much better for Anne than the Stella McCartney: the wide cleavage and lowered waist effect from the peplum nicely balance out her figure. I’d be happy to see this in BDOTW.

26. Sanette July 17, 2012 at 16:46 #

The dress is just hanging on her. Boring. I like the version the model is wearing much better.

27. justme July 17, 2012 at 18:04 #

I’m seriously unimpressed.

28. david July 17, 2012 at 18:33 #

I can’t. I tried. She’s always been one of my favorites on the red carpet, but it’s not working for me. I like the hair but the dress could’ve been tailored, I’m not sure. The model looks ten times better. I was hoping for an Anne Hathaway at the Golden Globes look, but I guess not. All I know is that she won’t let down in the movie.

29. christine July 17, 2012 at 18:44 #

i like the fact the she is isn’t going for super edgy just because her hair is short. very mia farrow in the 60′s. the only thing that’ s bothering me about this look is that the straps/chest area looks like it needs to be pulled up an inch like it is on the model. either way she still looks stunning.

30. Aline July 17, 2012 at 20:43 #

Meh. Since I heard she’d cut her hair for Les Miserables, I knew the Batman promo tour would be a bummer. The only two persons who worked a cropped hairstyle were Evan Rachel Wood and Emma Watson, all the others, IMO, have tried and failed. It’s too hard to pull off any look with a short haircut if you don’t have enough confidence for yourself and the lack of hair length.

I can’t help but wonder how this dress would look like with her longer tresses, it would, at least, be less boring.

I just hope her mojo will gradually come back as her hair grows :333

31. Jones19 July 17, 2012 at 21:48 #

I love this look. She looks so beautiful and the short hair really works with this angelic gown. Stunning.

32. G July 17, 2012 at 23:36 #

did anyone see when she walked in this dress? it was like she is wearing a white bed sheet.. personally i dont like it,

33. ash July 18, 2012 at 01:42 #

earrings or necklace plz!

34. Shaina July 18, 2012 at 06:48 #

I think she looks breathtakingly beautiful. I am still not a big fan of the hair but I don’t hate it here.

35. Jess2 July 18, 2012 at 11:32 #

She looks amazing! I really love this look and I love her hair. Her dress is great and it is awesome from the back as well.

36. Errun July 18, 2012 at 18:35 #

She is looking jaw dropping amazing!! her new haircut included!!

37. Joy July 19, 2012 at 11:02 #

Gosh she’s having a hard run. I don’t like it for a multitude of reasons. But , maybe just because she has been so off/bad. First, I can’t stand her hair. I know she cut it for a movie but she just doesn’t wear it with the sophistication she is trying to. I love the dress, from the first picture I thought this might be a win, but than looking through the other pictures I think it is ill fitting. I don’t think she has the body to pull it off. I agree that jersey is no good. When you notice the dress is jersey that’s not a good sign. Someone can wear jersey but she ain’t the one.

• Kateryna July 19, 2012 at 23:09 #

Also I would like to add that this girl does not look good in any of the outfites lately, she looks sick but not sexy.

38. Pablo July 19, 2012 at 21:46 #

I’m so happy for Prabal Gurung! He’s so nice and this is major. Anne looks heavenly, the gown’s amazing.

39. Britt August 23, 2012 at 03:27 #

I agree with the majority of the other comments. From afar age does look gorgeous but when taking a look at the pictures that are up close I notice the fit isn’t right. It needed to be tailored to her better. I also agree that accessories were needed. She did have earrings on but they were tiny tiny studs and only had a dainty bracelet that could hardly be seen. I would have loved to see a clutch or some kind of accessory that made a statement. I’m sure there are some who might have thought the dress and the minimal silver detailing in the front were enough of a statement but I disagree. I would love to see some color on her. If you know rachael zoe and seen her show you know she loves a “white moment” but lets have a “color moment” soon instead of just black and white. I love Zoe but she has so much going on that it seems she doesn’t put the time into her clients like she used to. Anne’s outfits just haven’t been blowing us away like she has in the past. I want the old Anne back who dazzled and amazed us on the red carpet.

• Britt August 23, 2012 at 03:30 #

Correction: From afar SHE does look gorgeous….