11.07.12 Premiere

Anne Hathaway was out in New York City last night for the premiere for LCD Soundsystem documentary ‘Shut Up And Play The Hits’.

Dressed in a black embroidered Dolce & Gabbana shift dress with a satin hemline, the actress accessorized with oversized shades, houndstooth-print flats, a gold pendant necklace and a black Stella McCartney clutch.

This isn’t the first time Anne has worn this look. She also wore it on Sunday for the ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ press conference at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.

The actress has always gushed about how much she loves Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s style; I guess she’s following in her footsteps by repeating looks.

Some of you aren’t that keen on Anne’s pixie cut, but I have to say I love it. Maybe as a result she will showcase a totally different look during her promo tour.

Credit: INFDaily

Karolina Kurkova In Preen - Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Karolina Kurkova In Preen – Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Maria Menounos' Topshop Sequin Zebra Arm Tank

Maria Menounos’ Topshop Sequin Zebra Arm Tank

22 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Shut Up And Play The Hits’ New York Premiere

1. Beta July 11, 2012 at 11:54 #

that dress is gorgeous
    love the pixie on Anne too, very feminine :)
    she looks great!

off topic: but I really wish the houndstooth-print is the next trend. LOVE.

2. Yeliz July 11, 2012 at 12:25 #

I don’t like this. It’s ok for a press conference, but for a premiere? No.

3. Alina July 11, 2012 at 12:34 #

So cute and feminine!

4. Molly July 11, 2012 at 12:52 #

It is hard to criticize a severe haircut that someone does for a role. As with Charlize Theron, you have to assume that Anne’s beautiful hair will be back. But I adore the whole mod vibe she is working with the pixie cut. So different from the pretty girl look she had with the long hair. This is such a simple look, but I love the attitude it is giving her, or she is giving it.

• Odette July 11, 2012 at 13:59 #

I agree Molly. You said it perfectly- it is hard to criticize a haircut the actress didn’t initiate herself.

I love this look. It is cute and I love that Anne is showing off her milky pins, which she doesn’t do enough. Red lipstick would’ve perfected the look even more for me.

5. Lee Ann July 11, 2012 at 13:29 #

she is a beautiful girl but she does not have the features for a Pixie cut.

• rita July 11, 2012 at 14:20 #

I totally agree with you! You have to have the right features for that. Halle Berry, Charize Theron or Michelle Williams can go from short to long hair because they have delicate features which isn’t Anne’s case IMO!

• Nat39 July 11, 2012 at 20:54 #

I’m not a fan of those kind of cuts but I have to say it suits Anne so much better than someone like Michelle Williams.

• goldfish July 11, 2012 at 15:14 #

i disagree – yes not all women can pull of a pixie cut but i think it suits Anne hathaway just fine

• Jules July 11, 2012 at 18:03 #

I love Anne, but she reminds me of Andy Murray with her hair like that – that’s not a criticism, I understand she’s doing it for her acting role.

6. Christine July 11, 2012 at 13:31 #

I don’t mind the pixie cut because it as for a role. I just hope for this promo tour it will not be dull and boring. So far only black clothes.

7. robbie July 11, 2012 at 13:39 #

i wish she wore some killer heels with it, something to give life to an otherwise dull outfit. love the hair though.

• Nat39 July 11, 2012 at 19:16 #

Dull is the best word to describe this.

8. Protoss July 11, 2012 at 13:50 #

Dark-haired Michelle Williams.

9. roxana July 11, 2012 at 13:51 #

i like her a lot.

10. eleanor July 11, 2012 at 13:54 #

i’m sorry but katy is a totally diffrent story than ann. I’m mean she is a movie star she can’t wear the same thing twice to an event, it’s so wrong!!!!

I wish she would have gone with a more colorful risky look as well. Dolce and Gabbana Had a lot of fun prints in their last collections.

I do however love the haircut.

11. Anna July 11, 2012 at 15:06 #

Why is it lately that a pixie cut equals a twee mod look?
    I mean, I do understand the Mia Farrow reference, but surely there’s so much more to do with it.

The cut is actually good. But I sincerely hope that she won’t go the twee route, but will do something more interesting instead.

12. d July 11, 2012 at 15:39 #

im sorry as much as i do want to love ann with this short hair i just dont as much as when is has long hair :(

13. su July 11, 2012 at 16:22 #

The cut is perfect for her, dress is fine and i just dont like the shoes

14. Jess2 July 11, 2012 at 16:32 #

I really love her pixie cut as well FC. I love the dress and I like the styling. I really admire women that wear outfits more than once, I think it is fab. She looks great :)

15. Sharon July 11, 2012 at 18:58 #

If I looked as sweet as Anne does in this dress, I’d wear it more than once too. I love her haircut, especially for the summer, but will also love it when she goes back to her long hair. She looks so Audrey Hepburn here.

16. pipsqueak July 12, 2012 at 01:43 #

LOVE IT! Of course, Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday and Jean Seberg in Breathless came to mind as two iconic cinematic images of chic girls with pixie cuts. I’m glad to see more pixie cuts on more American movie stars. America tends to have a conservative view about how a woman should look. Have you seen our Barbie doll and her human clones at CMA? Pixie cut is so cool, urban and liberating!